Aion Game Client continues to run as a task in the background after quitting

Zarbi

Aion Game Client continues to run as a task in the background after quitting the game.

That means you can't restart the game from NC Launcher without either killing the Aion Game Client task from the windows Task Manager, or rebooting the PC.

This is a bug introduced in the 2.8 update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I tested yesterday was the Aion retail client and it quits cleanly back to the NC Launcher and lets you click Play again.

It's only the Aion Classic client which makes the NC Launcher think you are still playing the game after quitting the game, until you kill the Aion Game Client in the Task Manager, which is proving to be a pain.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 2sC14BC-DN said:

lol plp still play this game? yall havent yet found out aion classic is just milk cow for ncsoft 

Yeah, that's why they went to all the effort developing new maps and instances which are not available in Aion retail.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I tried an uninstall and full reinstall of the game, making sure the NCSOFT and NClauncher folders were deleted. and the problem still persists.

This is on my Windows 11 PC and a laptop. Both have the problem.

The problem didn't exist prior to the 2.8 patch.

The Aion Classic game client refuses to quit  it just goes into the background.

Edited by Zurl

• 1 month later...

I am amazed how many people have reported this problem, which only started with the 2.8 patch, and yet NCsoft have done nothing about it.

What is the point of the Report A Bug forum if it is simply ignored?

16 hours ago, Melchior-classic said:

I also checked  the box next to run in Admin mode.

that may have helped too.. lol.

Tried that too, didn't work for me, problem still persists.

Normal Aion is fine, it's only Classic that has this problem, and only since 2.8 patch.

Edited by Zarbi

• 3 weeks later...