Abyss Null?

Accessibility-DN

Is there a point in going into the Abyss? The very concept behind it was intriguing enough; but it seems as if it was replaced by later level maps. These are maps that only host the ability to cater to both factions in what seems to be beautiful scenery. Whereas the Abyss was filled with mystery and at any given moment an enemy can get the drop on you at any given moment. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I want the Abyss to mean something again.

Huh?

The abyss is the only place where there can be 24/7 open world PvP. You won't always find PvP there, but you could. Whereas the later level maps rely on rifts for open world PvP. No rifts? No chance of PvP. 

Though the discussion is kind of pointless because the Abyss is being removed in 6.0. 

giphy.gif

I think the OP might be talking about the lower abyss which, yes, it's kind of useless now.

Accessibility, go to the upper abyss. There is a lot of action going on there. We have sieges up there every night (unless we just don't want to that night). There is Divine Fortress siege on Saturday nights. There are camps to do for exp and blood medals/marks. etc etc

1 hour ago, Accessibility-DN said:

Say what? ..... Also I didn't know the Upper Abyss was where it's at. I suppose I'd have to hurry get max level

Yes, both upper and lower abysses will be inaccessible in 6.0 patch.

Regarding UA, you do not have to be max level. You can access it any time after you take the abyss entry quest (level 45). Most of the CONTENT that you do in UA is not accessible until level 66 though.

Archived