Do not expect any help from support

kitat-KT

I recently reinstalled Aion after a break,unfortunately my game client keeps launching in 32 bitmode.

So i did the right thing made a ticket contacted support.Provided them with Dxdiag logs like they asked,then get asked to run hijackthis  and provided that file.

A day later i make a post asking for a answer from Cyan if the 32bitmode has been enbaled for the Event which im told it's not.

2 days later i still recieve absolutely no technical support from ncwest over why a game that ran perfectly fine a month ago on the same system with no changes continue's to launch in 32 bit.

Instead i get this utterly useless reply from support.

AlexaToday at 16:16

Hello,

It appears that Cyan already addressed the issue on your forum post.

We definitely understand where you are coming from and we respect your decision. Hopefully you'll change your mind in the future and when that happens, we'll be happy to have you back.

If there's anything else that you might need help with, just let us know.

Thank you,

Alexa
NCSOFT Support Team.

Sorry support but Cyan didnt address my issue and provide me with a permanent solution.All i was told is the 32bitmode is not enabled on your end.You offered me zero technical support on how to remedy this problem you offered zero communication nearly for 2 days.

What sort of company's Tech support cant even find a solution for people who want to play a game in the correct mode.So word of warning to player's dont expect much from this support team because they cant even provide a fix after 2 days when you give them everything they asked for.

Support means helping your player's find issues and solutions,i remember vividly a issue like this occuring With Blizzards world of warcraft their support answered tickets provided concise fixes that remedied the problem all your support did was waste 2 days give me zero help and not find the problem,thanks so much for that worst service and support iv'e seen.

maybe you can try forcing it to launch in 64 bit? rename your 32 bit folder in to anything and your 64 bit folder to 32 bit.A lot of players do this whenever ncsoft disable the 64 bit.Although you would have to do this every after maintenance as launcher will fix it .Not sure if this still works ,but you can give it a  try

13 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

kitat, how are you checking if it's in 32 bit mode?

Via task manager shows it running in 32 bit mode.Also the excessive lag rubberbanding andoverall slow performance.This was not a issue a month ago,havent changed any settings or security or installed anything new but yeah game is pretty unplayable.

13 hours ago, Mauie-KT said:

maybe you can try forcing it to launch in 64 bit? rename your 32 bit folder in to anything and your 64 bit folder to 32 bit.A lot of players do this whenever ncsoft disable the 64 bit.Although you would have to do this every after maintenance as launcher will fix it .Not sure if this still works ,but you can give it a  try

Tried this Fix but it make's xigncode have a error so no luck there

There's no point anymore support is utterly useless after 3 days couldnt provide me with any solution or fix as to why on a 64 bit version of windows aion keeps launching in 32 bitmode. and there last reply clearly shows they dont want to help people or dont even know how.

AlexaYesterday at 22:48

Hello,

As what has been posted in forums, the game does load as 64 bit if the system where it has been launched is also a 64 bit system. We understand that this is the problem you're reporting but we are only bound to provide basic troubleshooting for this, that may possibly fix the issue. 

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Alexa
NCSOFT Support Team

Didnt get any fix or support whatsoever just generic unhelpful reply's because they clearly cant work out why it's happening.

1. Goto your Aion folde

2. rename the "bin32" folder to "bin32_org"

3. copy&paste the "bin64" folder and rename the "copy of bin64" folder to "bin32"

problem fixed - game starting in 64bit. though I can't help you with the original cause

Archived