Problem with Updating

Kierce-DN

If this happens on the same file every time, do File repair and try again.

If it's on different files, check firewall and connection. Make sure your firewall is allowing everything Aion and NCSoft, reset your connection, flush your DNS. Try again.

If it persists send a ticket.

This is the error log I've been getting each time. And it's the same file as the OP's. ShugoFemale_texture with the same exact numbers every time :/ And yeah I've already contacted support.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<< OS >>
OS Version : Unknown Windows Version
ServicePack : none
Major Minor Build Version : 6.2.9200

<< System >>
64bit OS
Page Size : 4096 B
Active Processor Mask : 255
Number Of Processor : 8
Processor Type : 8664
Processor Level : 6
Processor Revision : 40457
Processor Speed : 2808 MHz

<< Memory >>
27% of memory in use.
Total Physical Memory : 2047 MB
Avail Physical Memory : 2047 MB
Total Paging File : 4095 MB
Avail Paging File : 4095 MB
Total User Address Space : 2047 MB
Avail User Address Space : 1917 MB

<< Disk Storage >>
Drive Name : C:\
Volume Name : Local Disk M.2 SSD
Total Byte : 488.17 GB
Used Byte : 212.09 GB
Available Byte : 276.08 GB

Drive Name : E:\
Volume Name : Samsung SSD
Total Byte : 465.63 GB
Used Byte : 288.78 GB
Available Byte : 176.85 GB

<< Dns Query >>
Update Server
(1)
Name : updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
Address : 48.215.67.3
(2)
Address : 200.213.67.3
(3)
Address : 16.192.67.3

Repository Server
(1)
Name : aion.patcher.ncsoft.com
Address : 232.170.67.3
(2)
Address : 88.179.67.3
(3)
Address : 120.182.67.3

DNS Server

Address: 209.88.128.25
Mask : 255.255.255.255

Address: 209.88.128.26
Mask : 255.255.255.255

<< FileInfoFile Hash Value >>
File Name    : FileInfoMap_AION_190.dat.zip
Hash Value    : 08c97968622e8021f95d53f6eca77c105303361f
File Name    : FileInfoMap_AION_190.dat
Hash Value    : 6de00e9bea70bfd6c5f2344afcc1121e7ba92a5b

<< Error Message >>
[Update Error] Cannot download file.
Please restart the Launcher. If this problem persists, contact Customer Support at htt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Download this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykLPkSQSO45Y2xVdXNBU2d1UlE/view?usp=drivesdk

Extract to main Aion folder

Run launcher again

Hopefully that fixes shugofemale error.

I actually joined a discord and saw this google folder (I think posted by you as well) and downloaded it yesterday before I saw your msg on here. Fixed my problem :D Then I had the issue of Aion crashing after launching it. Had to switch compatibility mode to windows 8 and it worked too. yay 

Is this an error with the recent Windows 10 "Spring Update".

That just happened to me yesterday. I'd seen lots of ???? in the dialogs of the game, but game was working.

No joy from "File Repair", So I uninstalled the whole thing and tried again. And now this error.

Anybody else get the Spring Update? Mine says Feature Update Windows 10, version 1803 now.

37 minutes ago, Shalea-KT said:

Is this an error with the recent Windows 10 "Spring Update".

That just happened to me yesterday. I'd seen lots of ???? in the dialogs of the game, but game was working.

No joy from "File Repair", So I uninstalled the whole thing and tried again. And now this error.

Anybody else get the Spring Update? Mine says Feature Update Windows 10, version 1803 now.

The ???? error usually happens when your L10N or data folders are old or corrupted. :< Just needed to rename those to L10N.old and data.old and run file repair.

I posted a potential fix to the shugofemale problem earlier in the thread.

24 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The ???? error usually happens when your L10N or data folders are old or corrupted. :< Just needed to rename those to L10N.old and data.old and run file repair.

I posted a potential fix to the shugofemale problem earlier in the thread.

Cool. Thanks. I was smart and kept the working game to the side, so I went back to that when the new install failed.
I'll give your suggestion a try. I'm not clear on why "File Repair" is such a NOOP - Non-Operation, but nothing is perfect, I guess.
And I'll remember to make yet another copy before I do this in case the change causes an update that fails. ;) Nice to have plenty of SSD space.

iohwug2.jpg

I just had this problem.  Got the female shugo thing taken care of and everything updated.  Now the game just won't seem to launch.  I can log into the client, hit Play Now.  Then the load screen comes on for a few seconds, then disappears...and nothing.  Any help for this?

6 hours ago, Perytas-DN said:

I just had this problem.  Got the female shugo thing taken care of and everything updated.  Now the game just won't seem to launch.  I can log into the client, hit Play Now.  Then the load screen comes on for a few seconds, then disappears...and nothing.  Any help for this?

Go into the bin64 folder in your Aion folder. Rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old. Then try running the game again.

On 17/05/2018 at 2:18 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Download this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykLPkSQSO45Y2xVdXNBU2d1UlE/view?usp=drivesdk

Extract to main Aion folder

Run launcher again

Hopefully that fixes shugofemale error.

I tried it but the error still occurs. 20mb left to finish the download, but this devil shugo female error does not go away.

Anyone please help!!?!!

4 minutes ago, 66s113CA3-DN said:

I tried it but the error still occurs. 20mb left to finish the download, but this devil shugo female error does not go away.

Anyone please help!!?!!

Did you replace the Aion/objects folder with the objects folder contained in the zip file? D:

Edit:

Not the $Patch$/zip/etc folder.

Did you replace the Aion/objects folder with the objects folder contained in the zip file? D:

Exactly. i did it.

pNowlMa.png

I also created a virtual machine running a clean install of windows 7 and tried downloading the game again. SAME ERROR. I'm losing my mind here...

5 minutes ago, 66s113CA3-DN said:

Exactly. i did it.

pNowlMa.png

I also created a virtual machine running a clean install of windows 7 and tried downloading the game again. SAME ERROR. I'm losing my mind here...

Yeah, it's a problem on NCsoft's side. :( I sent Cyan a message about it.

Do you still have the objects.zip file you downloaded earlier? Rename the objects folder in the Aion folder to objects.old and extract the zipfile's objects folder into the Aion folder again.

33 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I sent Cyan a message about it.

If you haven't already, consider asking about being put on NC's payroll as well since you're basically doing their Support team's job, but for free. Kudos to you for all the help you're providing everyone.

32 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

If you haven't already, consider asking about being put on NC's payroll as well since you're basically doing their Support team's job, but for free. Kudos to you for all the help you're providing everyone.

Thanks <3

I got NCoin the first time this happened after dropping nine hours of my day figuring out how to fix it and Support was linking my fix. I asked for it then. lol

Now all I get is the self fulfillment of having fixed someone's problem. 

On the plus side, figuring this all out and helping people out with a  software problem is part of how I got my RL support (not gaming) job, so I guess this hasn't all been for naught?

Archived