Returning after a very long break...lost

Sabinkah-DN

I am returning after a very long break. I have a SW at 65 but I forgot just about everything to do with that class so I started a new one, hoping to relearn the mechanics and how things work. So much has changed since I last played and I gather that more change is on the way. I have loads of questions, because my Google-fu is apparently not strong when it comes to this game.

Crafting. WTF? Is it just not worth it anymore? If I make this new toon my main, I'm going to want to do Miragents because I am a completionist but also evidently a masochist.

What gear am I supposed to get after this super OP newbie gear?

You can enchant stigmas now? I guess we don't get them with AP anymore? How does that work?

Does anyone still run newb dredge? Should I even bother?

I saw gear with pvp stats on the broker. Is everything tradeable now or something? Seeing gear like that on the broker reminds me of the FV server on EQ where everything is tradeable.

I probably will have more questions, but I just haven't gotten far enough back into the game to need to know more I guess? Does anyone feel like adopting a returning newb? I swear I am not super annoying and I will not bug you 24/7 but it sure would be nice to not feel so lost.

Danaria doesn't seem very Elyos populated, but maybe I am just playing at the wrong times. Any decent Elyos legions willing to take a returning newb?

If your best friend/sister/brother/SO was just starting out playing Aion, what would you tell them to do (besides run away)? What's most important to work on with this patch and state of the game? How would you tell them to get situated and ready for 6.x?

Sorry for all the questions. I did my due diligence and googled and read stuff on the forums, this is what I'm left with. I really would appreciate any help, pointers, tips, that you vets have. It would help me more than you know.

Thanks in advance,

Sabi

2 hours ago, Sabrinka-DN said:

I am returning after a very long break. I have a SW at 65 but I forgot just about everything to do with that class so I started a new one, hoping to relearn the mechanics and how things work. So much has changed since I last played and I gather that more change is on the way. I have loads of questions, because my Google-fu is apparently not strong when it comes to this game.

Crafting. WTF? Is it just not worth it anymore? If I make this new toon my main, I'm going to want to do Miragents because I am a completionist but also evidently a masochist.

We're close to even more changes with 6.0 approaching. Yes, best way now is to learn from the very start the skills and rotations. Don't bother with the old crafting system, Aetherforging unlocks at 66+ and that's the way to go.

What gear am I supposed to get after this super OP newbie gear?

You get a new set of gear at lvl 55, you get it from the NPC in Enshar/Cygnea as a Campaign reward. That one will help you run some 66+ instances like Adma's Fall and Theobomos Test Chamber. Most people strive to get Apollon gear right away, since it can be purified into Master Harvester once it's enchanted to +15. (Level 66+ gear breaks upon failed enchantment) 

Does anyone still run newb dredge? Should I even bother?

Most people run Ashunatal Dredgion at 66+ (but players are lvl 75). Old dredges are kinda useless at the moment.

I saw gear with pvp stats on the broker. Is everything tradeable now or something? Seeing gear like that on the broker reminds me of the FV server on EQ where everything is tradeable.

As of the current patch, the 5.8 (basically the whole 5.x) made gear tradeable. This will change with 6.0 when everything becomes untradeable, like it was pre 5.x.

I probably will have more questions, but I just haven't gotten far enough back into the game to need to know more I guess? Does anyone feel like adopting a returning newb? I swear I am not super annoying and I will not bug you 24/7 but it sure would be nice to not feel so lost.

Danaria doesn't seem very Elyos populated, but maybe I am just playing at the wrong times. Any decent Elyos legions willing to take a returning newb?

Danaria Elyos actually seems far more populated than Asmo, but Danaria server is best in my opinion 9_9 totally not biased at all. Try finding yourself a friendly and casual legion, they'll help you get back into the game.

If your best friend/sister/brother/SO was just starting out playing Aion, what would you tell them to do (besides run away)? What's most important to work on with this patch and state of the game? How would you tell them to get situated and ready for 6.x?

Patience. Enjoy what there is now, because a lot of the things will be removed/changed in the upcoming patch. Don't stress yourself, don't make the game a chore for yourself.

Archived