Safe areas? How not to get killed in the Standard Server?

Imoutoko-KT

I just started Aion Online free version and would like to level in the Standard Server, not the Fast-Track Server. Can I be attacked and killed as a new player in the Standard Server, even at level 1 and by a player of my own faction? What areas in the Standard Servers are safe from PvP ambushes? I would like to get to learn the game before someone ambushes me and kills me on the Standard Server. Are areas that are not Rift Zones or the Abyss safe from being attacked without a duel request? Outside Rift Areas and the Abyss, can another player only attack you if you accept a duel? I think that Rift Areas and the Abyss are where the two factions can fight each other, but what about places in the Standard Server not in a Rift Zone/Abyss? Can a player attack me at level 1 in the Standard Server as I appear in the game for the first time without accepting a duel request? I have been searching the web and the Wikis, trying to understand how Aion PvP works and where I am safe and where I have to keep watch for another player to ambush me in the Standard Server. I would like to play on the Standard Server, but I don't know where I am safe there from being attacked by another player while doing a quest or gathering crafting items. If outside the Rifts/Abyss Areas are safe from PvP unless you accept a duel, fine -- I can decline duels and avoid Rifts and the Abyss until I am ready to try it. But can a player of the same faction attack me without challenge to a duel? As an player on the Standard Server in the same areas that the Fast-Track Server has, can a player of the same faction ambush me without challenge? Can the starting areas of a faction in the Standard Server be where another player can attack you without warning? Or do I have to stay in the Fast-Track Server until I learn the game and can defend myself or escape if ambushed?

In what areas of the non-Fast-Track Servers are duels allowed? Are duels allowed ever in the Fast-Track Server? I saw duel requests and what appeared to be PvP fighting there in the Fast-Track Server. At what level can you fight a duel? Can players in your own race/faction attack and kill you without requesting a duel, or is that limited to fights between factions?

In summary, attacks and PvP fighting between the two factions can only occur in the Abyss or at a Rift or a contested area, right? And PvP fights of the same faction cannot happen unless they both agree to duel, right? Can a higher-level player of my own faction ambush me and kill me as a new PC in the Standard Server without accepting a duel request, or do I always have to watch my back and never trust another player as long as I am in the Standard Server, even at level 1?

You cannot be attacked on the Fast Track server. 

You cannot be attacked in the first two areas on the Standard server. (Asmo.. Ishalgen and Altgard; Elyos.. Poeta and Verteron.) You cannot be attacked in either Theobomos and Busthonin accept for a few hours on either Saturday or Sunday. (If that invade thing is still going. Haven't gone in years.) All other areas are PvP zones. You can tell you are in a PvP zone by looking at the mini-map. If there are crossed swords, PvP is allowed. If there is a red slash through the swords, PvP is not allowed.

You cannot be attacked by your own faction accept in the arenas. 

You are safe at the main fort in the lower Abyss. That would be Teminon (Asmos) and Primum (Elyos).

You may duel anywhere at any time with members of your own faction.

Level doesn't matter. If you are in a PvP zone any enemy faction member can attack you.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:55 AM, Aly-DN said:

You cannot be attacked in either Theobomos and Busthonin accept for a few hours on either Saturday or Sunday. (If that invade thing is still going. Haven't gone in years.) 

I saw the NPCs for the Theo raid last Saturday when I was headed to the Panne queue.  I don't know if anyone attends, but I did see the NPCs, so I assume it's still going on. 

Archived