Lots of lag and a terrible ping

StarWebIcarii-KT

I try to play today but I could not go on because I have so much lag and a ping that is unbelievable. I live in Australia but I'm using Battleping to help and usually, I'm fine I do not have a nice ping but I can play. :) Also, I'm curious about the Linkgate Foundry, why is it that all my characters who can do the run do not get any purple chests? I understand that the drop is RNG, but the thing that baffles me is that the first time my toons tried they got more than one chest but after that, almost none plus one of my templars got two chests with the same items in them! O.o   I know that the items you get are useless when the 6.2 starts but it would be nice to have some because I do not have any nice items unless I buy at the Broker.  I have almost no kinah left!  I will try to play the 6.2 and see if I will like it, I hope I do. :)          

You should try using other services for ping reduction, I personally use RTL (Reduce the Lag), they have a 30 day free trial if you wanna check it out. There’s also WTFast and Pingzapper, but it’s important to try as many to see which one helps ya best.

As for Linkgate, remember to kill all mobs on all floors and open the chests from secret laboratories (I got a box from the chest near the end), and boss doesn’t always drop it either. My friend yesterday didn’t get a single box on a run, but on another she got 9. Pure RNG. Your best bet is to attempt to solo as many things as possible, like adma, Theo and even DL.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

You should try using other services for ping reduction, I personally use RTL (Reduce the Lag), they have a 30 day free trial if you wanna check it out. There’s also WTFast and Pingzapper, but it’s important to try as many to see which one helps ya best.

As for Linkgate, remember to kill all mobs on all floors and open the chests from secret laboratories (I got a box from the chest near the end), and boss doesn’t always drop it either. My friend yesterday didn’t get a single box on a run, but on another she got 9. Pure RNG. Your best bet is to attempt to solo as many things as possible, like adma, Theo and even DL.

Thanks, much appreciated your response. I will try the different ping reduction you told me.

As for the linkgate, I too kill all the mobs on all floors, but I'm used at not getting much out of them now. I hope next week that I'll be a bit better but as my friends say: "My RNG is cursed". :) Gasp I never got more than 1 or two chests which hardly had any armour piece or weapon, if for some unknown fate I would get 9 O.o I'm sure I will faint! :P

I got discouraged a bit last week too when on all of my toons I kept getting just one box or less on Thursday. It was just bad RNG, because that changed over the weekend and I managed to gear up my second toon. Just keep trying, and if you have some alts 65+, give it a try too.

Ping is actually a problem. I tested this Monday after trying to fix stuff by DNS resolution. Around 1pm CST my ping is about 38-50ms. I would consider this normal based on geographics. Later in the day around 7pm CST, or "prime time", my ping was in the range of 120-150 ms. 

Archived