Awakened Legacy

Ellecia-DN

So, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but does anyone else feel a$$r@ped over the new update? I signed in upon release... at 11:35 p.m. no less. So with 3 extra hours to give us the update I find that there is much wrong with it. First thing I notice is several countries missing from each of the factions, now leaving us with a starting country, a housing district, a capital, one more country to PvE in, and Balaurea. Next, I notice my quickbar. I am a Technist, Gunslinger, Cannoneer(backing pistols). Now I realize this isn't very smart of me due to the terrible basic attack of aethercannons and few skills provided for them, but I seem to manage pretty d@mn well so I keep at it. Then, upon noticing my quickbar, I see some skills revoked, one new one, and all of them downgraded. Same downgrading for my pistol skills. I understand the downgrading because of the new level cap, but why revoking my skills? Then I think to myself, 'Oh well, I just got into the abyss, I'll just spend all my time there!', and then I remember the cinematic, then after double checking I realize that I can't enter the abyss and Reschanta is gone. Then I decided to investigate this so far terrible update. Professions are gone, many rewards systems gone, campaign and storyline changed dramatically(difficult for someone to understand midgame, made a new character just to get the d@mn storyline), half of Pandaemonium gone, a new merchantile system (gold sands merchants) that sucks @$$. If you ask me, we should just revert the whole thing. They said it was to rush us to endgame, but there must be better ways of doing it than DESTROYING HALF THE D@MN WORLD!!!

So basically you are saying that you haven't looked a single thread here where we had NA players doing translations of the Korean so we would all know -exactly- what we were getting in this patch. Not only that, but you ignored all of the official articles that the NCWest staff posted telling us generally what we were getting from this patch.

And yet somehow we are supposed to feel sorry for you because you waited up and were surprised by things we have known about for 6+ months.

Yeah. Not going to happen.

tumblr_neqwm56MgP1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

I'm a brand new player, I didn't know this game existed till around a month ago. Aside from that, this is the first mmo I played since I was nine, so as far as news channels and stuff for these games goes, I don't know how to use them. I visit the official site to try to stay up to date but I dislike player provided info because many people like to lie, exaggerate, and such. Besides, I'm not asking for pity, I am complaining about this because, whether I found out now, 6 months ago, or a hundred years ago this update took out half the d@mn map and more than its fair share of functions. Above all else, I simply don't understand why they took all of this out. Skills gone, professions taken out, and only a third of the abyss remains. One new country in Balaurea doesn't amount to all of this. Any game I've ever played has been updated so there can be more added in and buggy functions fixed, not half the game ripped out.

4 minutes ago, Ellecia-DN said:

I'm a brand new player, I didn't know this game existed till around a month ago. Aside from that, this is the first mmo I played since I was nine, so as far as news channels and stuff for these games goes, I don't know how to use them. I visit the official site to try to stay up to date but I dislike player provided info because many people like to lie, exaggerate, and such. Besides, I'm not asking for pity, I am complaining about this because, whether I found out now, 6 months ago, or a hundred years ago this update took out half the d@mn map and more than its fair share of functions. Above all else, I simply don't understand why they took all of this out. Skills gone, professions taken out, and only a third of the abyss remains. One new country in Balaurea doesn't amount to all of this. Any game I've ever played has been updated so there can be more added in and buggy functions fixed, not half the game ripped out.

Sorry man, but we all can understand your frustration. When I translated the 6.0 back in January and mentioned the removed areas, people freaked out then and they still did now. There's nothing we can do, the developers made it that way. I'm guessing they wanted to simplify it and build the rest from there? Really hard to tell right now. In the end, this is still NCSOFT we're talking about.

Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry if I sound selfish or childish here, I just am frustrated that they removed so much of the game. I searched for a game that was immersive, fun, and set up in a way that I could feel like I was really in the world. I found that in Aion and fell in love on the spot. I guess I'm just angry that they removed so much that it made it feel less real. I know its just a game and I shouldn't be this upset. I just couldn't see a reason to take out so much just for an end game rush. And the only reason I stayed up so late for it was because there was supposed to be a reward including an exclusive costume and 3 transformation scrolls that I would get if I logged in before midnight. I guess I should just suck it up and hope they build some new countries and stuff later on...

Archived