What are we *not* able to do?

Gylaena-KT

I may just use this thread to ask my own questions without creating a buttload of topics.

Current question: I wanted to try item remodeling, but after discussing things with someone in-game, apparently there's a ton of stuff that's not available anymore. I've come back after a 2 year hiatus, so I'm re-leaning these new changes. I used to transmog stuff in WoW, and wanted to keep the look of some wings and armor I have in game, while keeping the stats of better items. Is this just... gone? I don't want this game to be like Perfect World, where I enjoyed it when it was new, then sigh and say goodbye.

I tried the location in Sanctum, but I've been all over the area that Laokones is supposed to be in. There's a chance that I'm filling this place with so much methane from my brain fart and contributing to the greenhouse effect, but could you tell me where we can do this now? No game guides offer any updates, and I took my time hunting on my own. I don't mind it being a one time thing, since I'm just hanging on to items I happen to like the look of. I'm not spending real money on this though... NCSoft gets enough from their Gacha app, I'm sure. ;) 

3 hours ago, 1s1DC187-KT said:

I tried the location in Sanctum, but I've been all over the area that Laokones is supposed to be in. There's a chance that I'm filling this place with so much methane from my brain fart and contributing to the greenhouse effect, but could you tell me where we can do this now? No game guides offer any updates, and I took my time hunting on my own. I don't mind it being a one time thing, since I'm just hanging on to items I happen to like the look of. I'm not spending real money on this though... NCSoft gets enough from their Gacha app, I'm sure. ;) 

Click the item you want to modify. It should pull up a menu on the item. Click modify (an anvil?). There should be something about modify appearance on the window that pops up.

Frick, I can't edit, so new question while I try to stift through the 6.0 info thread. I've mostly answered my question about stigmas, but are we relying on AP for higher tier stigma stones now? The only thing I can't find are stigma merchants, given half of Sanctum is blocked off. Stigmas were something I was trying to better work on for my skill rotations before I left Aion. 

On 3/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, 1s1DC187-KT said:

Frick, I can't edit, so new question while I try to stift through the 6.0 info thread. I've mostly answered my question about stigmas, but are we relying on AP for higher tier stigma stones now? The only thing I can't find are stigma merchants, given half of Sanctum is blocked off. Stigmas were something I was trying to better work on for my skill rotations before I left Aion. 

You obtain stigmas in other ways now. Here are some of the ways:

- Buy from broker

- Chance for random stigma (for your class) in Mirash Sanctuary, level 76 solo instance

- Stigma boxes (your choice of any stigma for your class) are often a reward in events, including the current event

- Stigmas are still tradeable, so some friends/legionmates might have some stigmas they can give you

- Buy a random stigma bag (for your class) with coins obtained from Crucible Spire, level 80 solo instance

Ahh, that's pretty much what I read. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I'm not sure I'd read about the solo instances before. My go-to idea was grind dailies for kinah, then buy from broker, but the solo instances might be more rewarding (no pun intended 9_9).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

And now, another question. Where, in all that is green and good on Atreia, are the Magical Crafting Merchants? I've literally teleported to every major city, ran around at every seller present, but couldn't find a single one. Aion's in game screens tell me they're Quartermasters, so I checked on those also. No luck, and no luck with guides... who start off right at the crafting screen without showing viewers how to buy scrolls. If it's a very obvious thing, I'm sorry I'm so blind! lol

Update: I guess I AM blind. The game kept calling the quatermaster Magical Crafting QM, but next to the special item officer, I'd found Kalio in Lakrum. I guess I was blind to it because I wasn't looking for an Aetherforge title. I just wish guides included these tidbits.

10 hours ago, 1s1DC187-KT said:

I'm not sure I'd read about the solo instances before. My go-to idea was grind dailies for kinah, then buy from broker, but the solo instances might be more rewarding (no pun intended 9_9).

You will get an average of 1 random stigma per 5 runs of Mirash. For Crucible, you will need to complete the first 6 (iirc) floors to buy a stigma, which is very doable as long as you have at least full CoE gear.

Archived