Fact Check: Are External Macros Allowed?

GenericUser2180

• Support said external macros are allowed, however they are an untrustable source, which is sad.
  • Cyan said that all macros, except the in game macros, are not allowed.

There is no consistency across these departments, so I cannot tell what rule I should follow. I have a very hard time believing external macros aren't allowed since there are lengthy threads on the old forums on external macros as if it is allowed.

Cyan's answer would be the safest to follow at this time, but I want a clear answer. @Cyan can you assure your answer, or can you get someone more experienced to answer like @Hime? I'd like the answer to be public, it's a thing that the public should know about.

Update:

Hello,

Our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it.

- Reily, NCSOFT Support Team

This is a recent response I got from NCsoft Support about external macros. I crossed out the using your best judgement part because Aion players have no good judgement. Telling players to use their best judgement undermines their rule and is too vague to be accepted as a part of the definition of a rule. I'm waiting for a response for what an "action" is defined as in their rulebook.

Update:

Hello,

We can understand your interest in learning more about this. However, security concerns prevent us from releasing more detailed information. The info provided earlier is all we can share with you. Please rest assured that our only goal is to create a safe and fair play environment for the entire community. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Rain

They failed to define what an "action" is in the context of the rule and so the rule is too vague to be enforced for external macros. Previously they made the rule too vague to be enforced at all since they said it is up to the player to decide if it is allowed or not. Cyan's rule doesn't match Support's rule either. The rule is currently null.

Additionally, who tells someone that they can't tell you what is allowed or not?

@Cyan, where the nyerk are you, I've told you there is a problem on Friday, you aren't taking me seriously by ignoring me or blowing this off. You know what happens to people in disputes when they don't show up or care? The other side wins. Same applies here, you don't show up or care, then no one is going to follow any of these rules. I'd also like to extend this to other rules, if you don't take a single rule seriously, then why should we take any of the rules seriously?

2 hours ago, Vantheria-IS said:

Cyan most likely doesn't work on Saturday and Sunday.....

They should be on the forums checking periodically. I talked to Cyan on Friday, but there was lack of action on this matter. He should know there is a problem and check up every once in a while.

• Aion Team

If you would like to review the rules for the game, you can find everything here.

Specifically about the macros, you can see this:

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

YOU MAY NOT USE ANY THIRD-PARTY PROGRAM (SUCH AS A "BOT") IN ORDER TO AUTOMATE GAMEPLAY FUNCTIONS, INCLUDING PLAYING, CHATTING, INTERACTING OR GATHERING ITEMS WITHIN AION. YOU MAY NOT ASSIST, RELAY OR STORE ITEMS FOR OTHER PLAYERS WHO ARE USING THESE PROCESSES.

• Cyan locked this topic

Archived