AION 7.0 Spiritmaster

Basia-DN

Figured I would ask this question here since apparently there is no information anywhere on the topic.

What are the best manastones for a SM to use for PVP?

What are the best manastones for a SM to use for PVE?

Magic Attack? Magic Crit? Magic Accuracy?

Any suggestions?

What DevilNest said is kinda true for any class since p/m.cit and p/m.attack are practically the same theory. critical is getting diminishing rewards the more you upgrade it so going at about 5000 critical is about 29% m.crit, you could go as high as 5500 maybe but after that it becomes obsolete.

Magic attack on the other hand is kinda more direct and it gives an advantage on every attack and even better on criticals.

If I remember correctly about 5k crit is about 29% and 10k crit is about 50%

After watching several YouTube vids and reading several AION topics of how stats work etc etc.. It was to my understanding that they was telling a SM to use Magic Boost / Magic Accuracy. From what I gathered it seemed to show that Magic Attack was for the weapon hitting something and don't affect spell damage. Now I may be wrong on this and would gladly take lessons for I too have had the same question as you made Basia-DN. To my understanding from what I gained from reading was that Org was mostly and better at PVE with more Magic Boost and Spellbook was better for PVP since the magic accuracy was better. As I said im a returning player and I really don't know the truth to this matter this is just what I have read but if some EXPERIENCED SM knows these answers of what to socked for manastones and which to use ORB or SPELLBOOK for which PVE/PVP I would greatly appreciate it as well. I have read what Archangelos has said and this is a current thread and if that is indeed accurate for an SM to use what they said then the other post where I read all this other information was wrong or perhaps was OLDER NEWS INFORMATION. SO any help on this answer would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks ahead of time. AGAIN I don't know for sure just what I have read so befor I go to socket everything I would like to know befor I do it wrong haha. Thanks again

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 3:53 PM, 1s17C608-KT said:

After watching several YouTube vids and reading several AION topics of how stats work etc etc.. It was to my understanding that they was telling a SM to use Magic Boost / Magic Accuracy. From what I gathered it seemed to show that Magic Attack was for the weapon hitting something and don't affect spell damage. Now I may be wrong on this and would gladly take lessons for I too have had the same question as you made Basia-DN. To my understanding from what I gained from reading was that Org was mostly and better at PVE with more Magic Boost and Spellbook was better for PVP since the magic accuracy was better. As I said im a returning player and I really don't know the truth to this matter this is just what I have read but if some EXPERIENCED SM knows these answers of what to socked for manastones and which to use ORB or SPELLBOOK for which PVE/PVP I would greatly appreciate it as well. I have read what Archangelos has said and this is a current thread and if that is indeed accurate for an SM to use what they said then the other post where I read all this other information was wrong or perhaps was OLDER NEWS INFORMATION. SO any help on this answer would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks ahead of time. AGAIN I don't know for sure just what I have read so befor I go to socket everything I would like to know befor I do it wrong haha. Thanks again

Everything you wrote is 5.8 and before... after 6.0 whatever you write is outdated.

Magic boost is now magic attack which is exactly what physical attack is, but for mages.

Spellbook and Orbs no longer have a difference other than the weapon damage which is the direct attack with your weapon, for Sorcerers and SM this is practically useless. But if you want to attack directly in between magic attacks, a Spellbook is your bet because it is ranged while an orb is melee. There is absolutely no benefit in getting an orb anymore, everything is identical in the two weapons except weapon damage.

• M.attack is what m.boost used to be, the more you have the better so you socket that, it is countered by the m.defense of your enemy (previously magic suppression)
  • M.crit is good but after a point is kinda becomes obsolete and you still need m.attack to be able to hit people. For example a full critical oriented socket would be more useless than a full m.attack socket, because the m.def of the enemy can get too high and you would be hitting 2-digit numbers so even if you did a critical it would be useless. There is no crit resistance anymore so whatever you put in critical is what you have as a chance.
  • M.accuracy is at the moment kinda irrelevant too, after 7.0 it is possible for a full m.red set to get some resists but not to the point it was in pre 6.0 where clerics would run around and always resisted everything. And you also get a lot of m.acc from optional stats so you are good.

Great Answer Arhangelos ... I didn't want to give the incorrect information and I wasn't 100% sure myself so that's why I started this thread.

Glad you clarified the M.Attach and M.Boost question, I was a bit confused by that but you cleared that up for me too!

AWESOME im glad we got an answer to this riddle I have been so confused on what was the MA MA MA also meaning accuracy or magic attack yada yada yada .. This post was awesome and thanks for the information from DevilNest and Arhangelos… Im glad I looked back into this .. now I can finally begin working on how to finish this charachter up … Thanks again 

Archived