Are Siege FPS Rates Still Messed Up?

Rag-DN

I stopped playing last fall because after the Lakrum siege rolled out and during siege my PC would lock up when PVP would break out at siege. It was literally like watching a crappy slide show going frame by frame making it impossible to do anything. At times also my game sound would get all messed up. I had played Aion since it came out before then and never had such terrible issues before despite the fact there use to be way more players in attendance, and over the summer I had even upgraded my graphics card and RAM. I talked to a lot of other players and even sitting in siege discord/Ventrilo and tons of other players with much better PC builds all complained about the same exact issue. We tried everything from lowering all our graphics settings to the lowest markers, enabling fixed FPS, and even making sure everyone had all their processor cores unlocked without anything running in the background. Some of us even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I truly loved sieging and not being able to do that anymore to keep and maintain rank was just disheartening. 

What's even more annoying is after I left Aion I started trying other games and no matter how GPU demanding the other games were I never had such a framerate drop issue. (I literally tried everything, Apex Legends, Destiny 2, GTA5, Monster Hunter World, WOW, DOTA, Diablo 3, Lineage II, Heroes of the Storm, and many many other games).

I miss the game and I hope these FPS issues are resolved but if not I'm not going to waste my time coming back.

I almost never lag during siege. As long as I shift + f12 to hide everyone and hide skill effects there's barely even a hiccup. 

There was a point where I would immediately DC in a crowd, so every siege I would instantly crash as soon as asmos ran up. I was so confused because I had never lagged in siege ever then suddenly it was unplayable for like a month. Turns out it was the DPS meter I had recently got. So I uninstalled it and immediately went back to lag free sieges. 

Of course that's just what happened to me personally, and I don't really know too much tech stuff that could possibly help. :(

13 minutes ago, Lad-DN said:

I almost never lag during siege. As long as I shift + f12 to hide everyone and hide skill effects there's barely even a hiccup. 

There was a point where I would immediately DC in a crowd, so every siege I would instantly crash as soon as asmos ran up. I was so confused because I had never lagged in siege ever then suddenly it was unplayable for like a month. Turns out it was the DPS meter I had recently got. So I uninstalled it and immediately went back to lag free sieges. 

Of course that's just what happened to me personally, and I don't really know too much tech stuff that could possibly help. :(

Well that's a good sign...maybe I'll try the next siege and see how it goes.... btw just a suggestion for NCwest, post siege time schedule plus Que instance times on your webpage maybe? I know we can see it in game, but it would be helpful to have on the webpage for those of us not in game atm.

Archived