Forums

Can't open two Aion clients

Riot-KT

Okay so I saw a few previous posts on how to fix black screen when running aion and that helped me all I had to do was change the file name (thanks cheesecakeDN) but now the issue is I can't run multiple clients.  When I do the 1st client I ran turns into 95% black screen and the game is in the top right of the window shrunk to about 5% and says aion is not responding causing me to exit and try again.  I tried running the game in both window and full screen still got the same results.  I tried to file repair and also ran as admin... Still nothing.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Hmmmmmmmnn, Never had this problem before. I might have to look into this a bit before I can help you but some information on your system will help me help you:

What version of Windows are you using?

What is the wattage of your machine's PSU (Power Supply)?

Is your CPU intel or AMD?

What kind of Graphic's card are you using and what are it's specs?

Meanwhile while you answer these questions I'll look into this Black Screen issue and see if anyone else has suffered the same  sort of problem or something similar to it.

Are you trying to run both clients on the same computer at the same time?

If so I'm not sure you can do that and even if you could you'd prolly get in trouble or banned if you do.

As for the black screen issue I'm still looking into that. But if you are trying to run both clients at the same time your more than likely over taxing your graphics drivers. Do you have multiple screens? If not you would more than likely need multiple screens to run multiple clients set up to run independently from one another.

I'll get back to you when I have more info. Meanwhile I suggest you review NCSOFT's rules regarding AION to make sure you won't get in any trouble for running multiple clients at the same time. I'd hate to see you get banned for doing something out of ignorance.

You won't get banned, and you can do it. I did it all the time, lol.

I'm trying to think of why it'd shrink and crash your game when doing dual client. You have a good video card, from what Google tells me (I'm not familiar with AMD stuff). Are its drivers up to date? Are you waiting for Aion to be loaded entirely before trying to open a second client? Are you running windowed mode or windowed full screen? I've dual cliented with the 32bit fix, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Cheesy knows software better than me. I'm A+ Certified but in Gaming Graphics, Computer code, Computer Languages, and Hardware, and Sattelite and ground based communications (basically the internet), lol, but no software!, he, he. So she would know more than I would about your problem.

Even with all my training I never took software because of my ADHD. That causes software to confuse me then I lose my attention span for it. However like you I feel this one is a good mystery so I will be researching it myself and will be paying close attention to your solution to this mystery just because it is a good puzzle, so to speak, lol. Plus, I know if anyone can solve it you can Cheesy.

Cheesecake I was asking around on aion discords for you cuz you seem to be the one who helps everyone in thjs game. Haha

I am waiting for the client to be completely loaded and even logged into the game before I start the other one but as soon as the 2nd client runs the 1st one does that.  All my drivers are up to date and I've done it both windowed and full screen but when I play the game windowed if I minimize the screen I will run into the same issue.

so it seems like the issue I have is while logged into the game I can't resize my window cuz then ill get not responding error. But I'm able to do that at the character selection screen without any issues

7 minutes ago, Riot-KT said:

Cheesecake I was asking around on aion discords for you cuz you seem to be the one who helps everyone in thjs game. Haha

so it seems like the issue I have is while logged into the game I can't resize my window cuz then ill get not responding error. But I'm able to do that at the character selection screen without any issues

So you can open both clients on the character select screen with no issues? That's even more strange. Cheesy?

Oh, I use Discord as well. My handle there is TrekkieJediGirl. However I'm still here a lot but you can ping me there if you need something and can't find me here as I have discord on my phone and it's always up.

3 hours ago, Riot-KT said:

I am waiting for the client to be completely loaded and even logged into the game before I start the other one but as soon as the 2nd client runs the 1st one does that.  All my drivers are up to date and I've done it both windowed and full screen but when I play the game windowed if I minimize the screen I will run into the same issue.

Yeah, the only Aion-specific discord I still have connection to is the reddit one, if you want to try to reach me there, lol. (I'm Cheesecake there, not Cake) My existence has only served to annoy people, and I haven't played for a while, so I've avoided other discords.

I'm able to run the 32bit client, but it is very slow. Like, veryyyyyyyyyyy slow. At one point, it redownloaded the 64bit client, which is odd. But I'm able to run 2x the 32bit clients and 2x the 64bit clients at the same time on windowed mode with an Nvidia 1660 TI with older drivers, no GeForce experience.

Do you use any kind of GeForce Experience-like software with your AMD card? Like I mentioned before, I'm not familiar with AMD cards. The last time I used one was 2012, and I quit it because I got tired of the drivers always having issues.

Can you change what ingame zone you're in and then try running the second client?

Are you trying to run a streaming/recording software at the same time?

Also, try disabling the stupid Windows Game bar by

Right-click the Start button.

Click Settings.

Click Gaming.

Click Game Bar.

Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar so that it turns Off. I turned off everything related to that section of Settings.

Can you also download some older drivers for your video card, completely uninstall the current drivers, restart the computer, and then install the older drivers? Aion's been pretty notorious for having issues with graphics card drivers.

Can try to rename bin32/bin64, L10N, and data folders to all have .old after them, and then run the launcher again to redownload those files. Affectionately call that the Aion Holy Trinity. Try again. Don't rename the bin64 aion.bin to aion.bin.old yet until you try to launch the clients again.

Have you updated your windows lately? What build are you on? 1903? 1909? 18XX?

If you super want to get last ditch efforts, try running the second client in a sandbox (like Sandboxie). Just don't try taking screenshots or anything on that client.

Also, sorry for the very slow responses. I've been binging another NCsoft game while I'm in between classes for school, lol.

So I just tried everything you said and none of them worked... I tested it out a few times and I'm able to go to my character screen with both clients in windowed small screen but as soon as I go into the game the other client goes back screen. I just updated my windows again about 2hrs ago.

17 minutes ago, Riot-KT said:

So I just tried everything you said and none of them worked... I tested it out a few times and I'm able to go to my character screen with both clients in windowed small screen but as soon as I go into the game the other client goes back screen. I just updated my windows again about 2hrs ago.

Right click Aion, click properties, go to compatibility, run this program in compatibility mode for: , and I usually use Windows 7 or 8.

Archived