good events?

We want good events, not bad world boss omega. I checked the aion of various servers in the world, and each server was better than the NA event.
For example, aion jp has twice the composite probability ultimate transform. https://event2.ncsoft.jp/1.0/aion/2006transform/

Aion KR can directly buy high-quality gemstone boxes, https://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=924844
If you are unwilling to spend money, you can still have an efficient farm gemstone active copy.

Aion Taiwan, combine2 A-level minions, regardless of the result, you will directly get a contract of s-level minion. https://tw.ncsoft.com/event/aion/200617_minion/event.aspx 
There is a box that can open the ultimate transform
http://tw.ncsoft.com/aion/event/200610_treasure/event.aspx

On our NA server, only one omega dropped 2 gemstones, and runstoen and gemstone fragments. There is also a stigma event with a low rate of enchantment. I want to spend money to get higher attributes instead of wasting money.

23 minutes ago, babybaby-KT said:

There is also a stigma event with a low rate of enchantment. I want to spend money to get higher attributes instead of wasting money.

We don't need cheap cashers here, Be a Real P2W then! like Chikiboomboom that enchanted all his Stigmas to +15 without the stormwing event, only with BCM stigma stones.
Hurry up and burn that wallet mate, its your last day before they remove the +12 safe spot!

3 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

We don't need cheap cashers here, Be a Real P2W then! like Chikiboomboom that enchanted all his Stigmas to +15 without the stormwing event, only with BCM stigma stones.
Hurry up and burn that wallet mate, its your last day before they remove the +12 safe spot!

Hahahaha I snorted my soft drink out of my nose while reading this.

It is a well known thing that anything new implemented will be hard to obtain and die-hard p2w amoebas will do it and then an event will hand everyone that for free.

14 hours ago, 1s1566C6-KT said:

NA AION event is like feeding shit to players

You must have missed the 2~3 months before 7.5 came, we had one of the best events in the last years. We also had concurrent events with it (as much as 3 at the same time) and we also have a permanent event -> Abyssal Splinter.

Our events started becoming slightly better since the 6.x days because the GMs heard our complaints for lack of good events. We persuaded them to have the +12 safe spot permanent in 7.5 like every other region has.

We also persuaded them to make our server closer to the original aion with the transformations and now we have it better than any other regions, we have same stats to the original but also we cannot go lower in combining and also our transformations are account wide, not server wide.

Right now there is no "good" event that worths dealing with, but we will get one in future as well.

We have to appreciate the things we are given at some point and stop complaining.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We have to appreciate the things we are given at some point and stop complaining.

To appreciate what we are given also means to appreciate what they took away. Events took away any reason to play Aion because at some point if you wait long enough you will get everything you need from events.

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

To appreciate what we are given also means to appreciate what they took away. Events took away any reason to play Aion because at some point if you wait long enough you will get everything you need from events.

I agree with you but I'll bring some examples about why the events practically save our region.

--> It was impossible to get the 7.x gear from instances because cubicles are impossible to get and only a handful of people could finish PFHM and even then the drop was RNG-infected. There is no goal-setting in this way and then everyone got the end game pve main armor items, for their mains and their alts from the FM event that allowed for this!

--> Daevanions were impossible to get, even worse enchant them and get the essence so as not to fail. Stormwing gave it to us for free practically.

--> Stigma enchanting would have been impossible with 20% success rate and a broken RNG algorithm and stormwing gave those with multiple accounts the chance to do it. Nobody should need 2000 stigma enchant stones to make a full set of stigmas.

B-U-T

In a game where RNG ruins everything and drop rates are non existence, it seems only the events are keeping this game going. Imagine trying to make your daevanions +15 without stormwing event. Obviously whoever did their daevanions the hard way before the stormwing event might feel rigged and also whoever wasn't present during that event is screwed pretty well because there is no way you can do it now.

We are not Korean NPC players accepting to play 12 hours per day just to keep up with what needs to be done.

Unfortunately whoever is not present all the time loses all chances of getting everything through events. But in the end I was never going to get a single Sovereign item if it wasn't for the FM event as I refused to grind PFHM 1000 times hoping to make the set. I didn't even have prestige back then because I was a second class player, bad items, bad daevanions, bad stigmas.

Now I keep prestige on always because I can pvp and do pve better and I get outside the safe zone and kill prominent players that previously had it all.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I agree with you but I'll bring some examples about why the events practically save our region.

--> It was impossible to get the 7.x gear from instances because cubicles are impossible to get and only a handful of people could finish PFHM and even then the drop was RNG-infected. There is no goal-setting in this way and then everyone got the end game pve main armor items, for their mains and their alts from the FM event that allowed for this!

--> Daevanions were impossible to get, even worse enchant them and get the essence so as not to fail. Stormwing gave it to us for free practically.

--> Stigma enchanting would have been impossible with 20% success rate and a broken RNG algorithm and stormwing gave those with multiple accounts the chance to do it. Nobody should need 2000 stigma enchant stones to make a full set of stigmas.

B-U-T

In a game where RNG ruins everything and drop rates are non existence, it seems only the events are keeping this game going. Imagine trying to make your daevanions +15 without stormwing event. Obviously whoever did their daevanions the hard way before the stormwing event might feel rigged and also whoever wasn't present during that event is screwed pretty well because there is no way you can do it now.

We are not Korean NPC players accepting to play 12 hours per day just to keep up with what needs to be done.

Unfortunately whoever is not present all the time loses all chances of getting everything through events. But in the end I was never going to get a single Sovereign item if it wasn't for the FM event as I refused to grind PFHM 1000 times hoping to make the set. I didn't even have prestige back then because I was a second class player, bad items, bad daevanions, bad stigmas.

Now I keep prestige on always because I can pvp and do pve better and I get outside the safe zone and kill prominent players that previously had it all.

All just validation to keep logging in for eventual rewarding events. You were rewarded for doing nothing for long enough that you were around to get the free stuff from events. How many months before more of these events come around to help those newer players or those who missed out due to RL obligations at the time of these events? As you said those who missed it will be screwed. 

This event style progression is keeping the player base smaller than it could be not saving the region. They are losing players every other month because of it. The only events that save the region are events that have people spending 100s if not 1000s because they want w/e the new and shiny thing that just came out. If the spending players left there goes the game so them giving the non spenders/small spenders catch up items does not help one bit. If they made the game more playable then it would be fine.

Aion does not do well in Korea either you can use google translate to find that out. I see them talking about the same issues NA players cry about and EU players and RU players. Every region has the same issues, NCsoft they just fail to acknowledge it. 

I wanted to do Alter of ascension and you know what my friends said. No point events will give us the items from there eventually so it would be a waste of our time. You know there is a serious problem with events if people are not even playing the game because they know they will eventually be given free shit as good or better from events at some point.

It would take less than 10 changes to the game to fix all these issues and they could keep events being as rewarding as they currently are.

11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I wanted to do Alter of ascension and you know what my friends said. No point events will give us the items from there eventually so it would be a waste of our time. You know there is a serious problem with events if people are not even playing the game because they know they will eventually be given free shit as good or better from events at some point.

...but that has to do with the really bad mechanics on how to progress to begin with without the events. If you need 500PFHM runs to get the set, then this is where it failed. The average player would still quit. The event simply made it stupid-easy to get the items which is not the best solution but it made everyone log back into the game.

The reason why I personally not bother doing the real stuff is not because I "know" or "hope" that it wil be given to us in a future patch, but because I did it during 6.x patch and I run PF religiously with a ton of resets and what not, I did hundreds of runs and I never even managed to get the wings. I did a ton of IDD runs and I only managed to get ONE necklace! Fast forward to 7.0, even the legendary T2 item were similar to my T1 frostpacks that I wasted time, resources and effort to get! And of course progressing in pve in 7.x patch is nearly impossible.

If there was no event to get me the Sovereign armor set I would still be running in 6.x pve items until 7.5 and then I would simply upgrade to cruel demaha as simple as that. I would still be 2nd class player when it comes to pve because sovereign is better but I wouldn't spend a single second again doing PF for the 2nd year just to gear again and have the items become absolutely obsolete in the next patch. I am still 2nd class player since I'll never get the starlight accessories, but I'll live with this.

It is the fact they make it impossible to progress that people quit. When there is an event those people simply log back in and catch up years worth of progress, but they do log back in.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...but that has to do with the really bad mechanics on how to progress to begin with without the events. If you need 500PFHM runs to get the set, then this is where it failed. The average player would still quit. The event simply made it stupid-easy to get the items which is not the best solution but it made everyone log back into the game.

The reason why I personally not bother doing the real stuff is not because I "know" or "hope" that it wil be given to us in a future patch, but because I did it during 6.x patch and I run PF religiously with a ton of resets and what not, I did hundreds of runs and I never even managed to get the wings. I did a ton of IDD runs and I only managed to get ONE necklace! Fast forward to 7.0, even the legendary T2 item were similar to my T1 frostpacks that I wasted time, resources and effort to get! And of course progressing in pve in 7.x patch is nearly impossible.

If there was no event to get me the Sovereign armor set I would still be running in 6.x pve items until 7.5 and then I would simply upgrade to cruel demaha as simple as that. I would still be 2nd class player when it comes to pve because sovereign is better but I wouldn't spend a single second again doing PF for the 2nd year just to gear again and have the items become absolutely obsolete in the next patch. I am still 2nd class player since I'll never get the starlight accessories, but I'll live with this.

It is the fact they make it impossible to progress that people quit. When there is an event those people simply log back in and catch up years worth of progress, but they do log back in.

Tbh when it comes to gear i have never had a full set in any patch. IO/IS/DR/DD/TS/DP/Miragents and so on. No matter the patch i have ran 100s and 100s and never ended up with a full set with-in any patch that was released. Very few of my legion(over 100 players back during 1.X-late 4.X) have ever had a full set of gear and we all ran content off CD many of which also paid for a lot of scrolls. It is not uncommon for the majority to never get a full set of gear just people got lucky back in the day or bought everything they needed from other players.

No one i know has logged back in since mid 6.0 just for events that are rewarding. They talk about playing Aion again but then after we get to talking they are like Ohh yea Aion is only afkable or payable, Not playable. The mechanics in Aion are worse than mobile games currently. I have played Mobile games and even the games that gate you by time/energy mechanics has you playing more than Aion has you playing. This is why people are quitting there is no reason to play Aion because it lacks the playing part.

I get that you are taking the logical approach because we all know NCsoft/west wont change so why even care do what you need to get geared and appreciate it but to me it like i said less than 10 changes to the game and every issue making the game playable again is fixed.

6 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I get that you are taking the logical approach because we all know NCsoft/west wont change so why even care do what you need to get geared and appreciate it but to me it like i said less than 10 changes to the game and every issue making the game playable again is fixed.

I agree with you that we shouldn't need events to do anything. Like I got my kaisinel back in April 2019 or something by doing that legendary transformation event over and over again, whoever missed that was screwed until we got a new legendary event this year, and whoever missed that is screwed again.

My approach would be whoever plays since 6.2 day 1 should be able to work hard enough and get a sure ultimate transform , even if that takes him 1 year or 2 years. It should be workable.

I agree in all you say but at this game mechanics I have no problem with the events at least the active people get their ways and they do not also quit the game out of being too difficult to play.

It will be super funny for a new player to start now and have ancient transform while an alt account of mine that I use for lunas has already 3 legendary transforms! Another funny thing is that I have a lot of legendaries and whenever I combined I never gotten a single new legendary transform (6 times combined 2x each time, all 6 times gave me the 10 old ones, not a single one did I get any of the 17 new ones, chance wise it should be easier to get a new one since they are more than the old ones) while 3 alt accounts of mine gotten the Apostle ones as well.

Archived