Beginner Spiritmaster - Help

Katesh-KT

This is the first time playing Aion. Im asmodian and a level 13 sm.  Im so lost and I can not find a guide to help me on leveling, building, or chains that is current. I dont know how to summon my first minion/pet to help me fight. I dont understand chains. I did the ascension quests and I was sent to Beluslan. I had a few quests here in Beluslan that I found and finished and now I have one quest that says to get to level 19. Is this all I need to do? kill until Im 19 to finish this quest and get more quests?   Im use to having 5-10 quests constantly in other games. I need a guide to explain things to me and lay it all out in a simple form... yes like Im in first grade... exactly what I need.  So, if anyone has the time to help me or link some good websites for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all :}

The reason there is no guide for leveling in Aion is because it only takes 3-6 hours (for a totally new person like yourself, it may take up to like 10 hours). This is because Aion has a small population, so the developers want everyone to get to the endgame maps very fast. You don't see any other people probably, and that is why. We are all on the endgame maps (Gelkmaros/Inggison, Lakrum, Demaha, and Crimson Katalam).

They made the leveling process extremely simplified. So you are probably just overthinking things based on other games being more complicated for leveling. All you need to do is open your map (press M if you don't have it displayed on your screen at all times; if you want to display it at all times, you can press M to open it and then press N and it will put it in your top left corner). Once your map is open, look for quest markers. Yellow markers are campaign quests; these give a lot of XP and are basically your big ones for leveling. Sometimes you may get a quest that says something like "Complete regional quests until you reach level 34." For these, you will want to look for light blue quest markers. These are often quests to kill 10 mobs or such. Complete these until your yellow campaign quest is complete and you can move on to the next one. If you need to refer to your quest log at any time, press J to see that list.

You will level from 11 - 76 in one map: Beluslan. Once you reach level 76, you'll get a quest to help you move to the main endgame map (Gelkmaros for Asmodians).

Let me know if you have more questions. I'll try to check back here a few times today while you're leveling to help out if I can.

On 30/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, Katesh-KT said:

Thanks! that helps alot. How do i summon so i can have my elemental minion help me fight?

You have a skill that says :summon spirit" once you hit that skill you "Activate" all the summons you have, click on whatever skill you want to summon and the pet will be summoned.I can make a small video a little later to let you know the super basics.

On 30/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, Katesh-KT said:

Thanks! that helps alot. How do i summon so i can have my elemental minion help me fight?

You click that Summon Spirit skill and it activates momentarily all the summoning skills for pets. If you accidentally miss summoning one or you summoned the wrong one, it is ok, that skill has 10 seconds cool down and all summons have instant cool down (except for Lava Summon, that is 5 minute cool down because it is an Earth+Fire together, it is your most powerful summon)

Also all summons lasts "forever" until you un-sumon them or they die (or if you are too far from them and they unsummon by default), except for Lava Spirit that lasts 20 minutes and auto-un-summons after that. The cool down of your skill occurs when the spirit is un-summoned by the way.

2020-11-01-12-48.jpg

On 10/30/2020 at 3:15 PM, Katesh-KT said:

where do i pick up crafting? and other skills for making items for myself? how many skills are you allowed to have.. alchemy, gathering, forging...etc

As of the 6.0 patch two years ago, this game only has one type of crafting: Aetherforging. You cannot access it until level 76.

Aetherforging is... ehh, semi-useful? It's definitely not required to do anything in the game. It can be helpful at times. Any "required" crafting, such as Daevanion skills (you'll learn about those at level cap), will be level 1 crafting. So you don't have to level up the Aetherforging to be able to do the important crafting stuff. The higher level Aetherforging is mostly for gear -- note, not the best gear; it's more for skins at this point -- and other miscellaneous things.

Sadly, Aion is not a crafting-heavy game anymore. So if that's something that is very important to you, you will be disappointed.

I would suggest that you follow the blue quests, and do the green quest until you reach the next level, don't over do it, just move with the blue quests and the campaing and lv up as needed with green quests, as for the Spirits, you get your skills as you lv up, also spirits has their own skills, basic there are 2 for attack 1 for selfheal and 1 that will heal the spirit with the SM own health. Don't worry too much about gear, or skills, for now just try to learn what each skill do, you can find skill builds on youtube or try an stigma calculator such as

This is my current build, but you may tweak it to fit your play style..
Once you hit 76+ you may want to farm Coins to buy ultimate starting gear, almost all mobs in ingisson drops coins or coin pieces, also you may want to try and run instances to get some extra gear. if you need information you can go to www.aionpowerbook.com that's an item database to help you gather intel about items, quests and more.
also don't forget to look @ youtube for some videos, and forums here to learn about your PvE or PvP needs.
http://hevi.cc.ua/en/spiritmaster/#ligdeh:65

Archived