Restoration Tokens and Transforms

Crush

You can confirm that with the support team, but transformations do not participate in token restoration. Imo, this is unfair and that’s why :

1) contracts should be rerollable for tokens, so a new player can reroll on his 1st transformation to avoid getting the one which is useless for his class

2) a person who collected 6 legendaries must be given 3 more chances to reroll, that will make ultimates pissible to farm

please everyone speak out what you think about that

11 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

If you fail to combine, say, 6 transforms can you restore them with a restoration token? Or are these things exempt from this system? 

Minions are excluded from the restoration policy for the duration of the minion promotion event. So even if you combine three times with 4x each for a total of 12 they won't restore it, even though you first 4x combine already made you eligible. 

They do this for simplicity I guess, they could simply exclude restorations for 2x combines only, or exclude the 2x combined from the minion promotion event to beign with.

They should make the 4x combines only available and that wouldn't be able to take advantage of the restoration tokens.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Minions are excluded from the restoration policy for the duration of the minion promotion event. So even if you combine three times with 4x each for a total of 12 they won't restore it, even though you first 4x combine already made you eligible. 

They do this for simplicity I guess, they could simply exclude restorations for 2x combines only, or exclude the 2x combined from the minion promotion event to beign with.

They should make the 4x combines only available and that wouldn't be able to take advantage of the restoration tokens.

They were asking about transformation, Arh, not minions :/

Thanks all for the clarification. It is very disappointing that you can't use restoration tokens for transform combination :(. I was thinking with three tries the odds of getting an ultimate (when I can actually get 6 extra legendarys) wasn't too bad, ( 1 - ( 1 - .175)^3) = 43.8%. 

1 hour ago, Flatten-KT said:

Thanks all for the clarification. It is very disappointing that you can't use restoration tokens for transform combination :(. I was thinking with three tries the odds of getting an ultimate (when I can actually get 6 extra legendarys) wasn't too bad, ( 1 - ( 1 - .175)^3) = 43.8%. 

Technically, when combining 6 legendaries, you have a 13.75% chance three times. A failed combination does not make your next chance higher. The only "pity system" we have regarding transformations in this game is when they announce an official promotion which grants an ultimate transformation after a certain amount of combine attempts.

13 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Technically, when combining 6 legendaries, you have a 13.75% chance three times. A failed combination does not make your next chance higher. The only "pity system" we have regarding transformations in this game is when they announce an official promotion which grants an ultimate transformation after a certain amount of combine attempts.

Actually when you fail x times in a row, it does make the chance to succeed higher on the following attempt, because in that case we are not talking about a probability of a single event, but a probability of a series including x fails and 1 proc.

35 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Actually when you fail x times in a row, it does make the chance to succeed higher on the following attempt, because in that case we are not talking about a probability of a single event, but a probability of a series including x fails and 1 proc.

Sorry, but not in Aion. Each individual attempt is a separate attempt within the system. The system does not see it as a series of multiple attempts. There have been many threads/convos about this in the past, and it it one of the reasons that NCsoft implemented the "pity system" within the official promotions.

21 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Sorry, but not in Aion. Each individual attempt is a separate attempt within the system. The system does not see it as a series of multiple attempts. There have been many threads/convos about this in the past, and it it one of the reasons that NCsoft implemented the "pity system" within the official promotions.

What he means is you get a second shot, a second chance with another 13,76% to succeed.

Obviously failing in a row doesn't accumulate higher success rates (like it does in s-minion upgrade with s-minium)

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

What he means is you get a second shot, a second chance with another 13,76% to succeed.

Obviously failing in a row doesn't accumulate higher success rates (like it does in s-minion upgrade with s-minium)

What you say is correct. However, what they said ("it does make the chance to succeed higher on the following attempt") is incorrect. A fail does not make the next chance more likely to succeed in Aion unless we're talking about upgrading minions, as you said.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I didn't include anything in my math about the probabilities being entangled at all. I was completely assuming that each event was statistically independent of one another. The data I've seen in the past said the chance was 17.5 percent, if 13.75 is true then that would make the probability of getting an ultimate after combining 6 transforms 3 times,  1 - (1 - .1375)^3 = 35.8%. 

I'm pretty sure all I've done here is correct. I'm not an expert in probability, I have a PhD in condensed matter physics which does a lot of probability but it looks a lot different from this.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Yeah this formula is from probability theory accounting that every attempt is independent, so it is true in Aion and elsewhere. The chance of proc on next attempt is still the same here we are talking about a chance for a single proc out of x+1 attempts.

Archived