The idea of forum moderators

whodisqt

Hello,

I would like to start off by saying I don't usually post in the forums, however, I do give it a read at least once a day to see what's up and recently I couldn't help but notice the lack of answers from GMs so I came up with an idea that many games use to aliviate the pressure:

⭐ FORUM MODERATORS  

PROS:

• The community will feel more involved with each other.
  • The communication between GMs and player will better and faster as these people will be able to directly report bugs,exploits,etc to people like Kibbelz.
  • GMs do not have to be online to ban/erase a topic where a player is being harrased or a troll/griefer is spamming the forums, a moderator could take care of this situation.
  • It's free manpower, I'm 100% sure some people would love this title because they already spend a good amount of time in the forums.

CONS:

• Couldn't think of any that outweight the pros, sorry

Here is some ideas on how people can apply for the title of Forum Moderator:

• 100+ posts/replies
  • Veteran player (at least 2 years in the game)
  • Good reputation

You could start with having 2 forum moderators and they can be chosen with the poll feature that the forums have.
This way you also ensure that this is a person that your players/customers trust, they will be able to choose them.

This is just me brainstorming in a discord call with my friend, so if you would like to add your grain of salt to this feel free, hopefully make it a real thing!

But what would this do? If you seek to get posts deleted then GMs and Admins don't even bother with those unless many people report them. So it works already.

If you need "communication" a forum moderator that is a player is as good as a cow in communication. What will the player know more than you and me just because he/she has a "moderator" status?  If we ask for information we ask for someone that works for the company. Making a player a moderator would only bring him/her more hustle because people will assume they know something we don't, or have direct access to GMs and Admins.

We can make admins take notice of something by posting on a topic and make it hot, or report a post that violates the forums. They have taken action pretty often when ti was necessary but other than that they pretty libertarian about running the forums (because they are absent lol)

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But what would this do? If you seek to get posts deleted then GMs and Admins don't even bother with those unless many people report them. So it works already.

If you need "communication" a forum moderator that is a player is as good as a cow in communication. What will the player know more than you and me just because he/she has a "moderator" status?  If we ask for information we ask for someone that works for the company. Making a player a moderator would only bring him/her more hustle because people will assume they know something we don't, or have direct access to GMs and Admins.

We can make admins take notice of something by posting on a topic and make it hot, or report a post that violates the forums. They have taken action pretty often when ti was necessary but other than that they pretty libertarian about running the forums (because they are absent lol)

I wanted to put out an idea that could help the company, because the negligence that has been going on recently just makes me think that perhaps they need manpower and the players could help in some way.

For instance the maintance notes weren't posted today, that's another sign of negligence, somebody else could have posted them, is a copy paste message, they just change the duration and put "X event  end", "Y event begins"

But you do a have great point if they did exist, other players would assume they know something we don't, even if it isn't that way, this community's trust and hope is pretty broken.

7 hours ago, whodisqt said:

I wanted to put out an idea that could help the company, because the negligence that has been going on recently just makes me think that perhaps they need manpower and the players could help in some way.

For instance the maintance notes weren't posted today, that's another sign of negligence, somebody else could have posted them, is a copy paste message, they just change the duration and put "X event  end", "Y event begins"

But you do a have great point if they did exist, other players would assume they know something we don't, even if it isn't that way, this community's trust and hope is pretty broken.

I understand your good will and I would love to have a community manager too.

But for example, to post the maintenance thread, the community manager (who is a player like you and me) doesn't even know the information either. An actual employee of the company should give it to the player to post it here. But if they can't be bothered to simply come here and post it, then I doubt they will take the extra step to give it to a player so he comes here and posts it and then they have to agree on the post's format and information, so that ends up being a bigger job.

If someone is a community manager that someone must be trained by the company to be very careful in what they write here just like GMs are super careful on how they express anything or how they give information. Most of the CM posts should be "we are working on it" "it will be done soon" etc.

Imagine someone managing to enchant a paragon in the future (the legit way) and he is also the community manager, people would make all kinds of comments on how that person got it for free from a GM. I wouldn't want to be in that position myself.

Archived