why would you change minion names?

Angillix-DN

They never "changed" them. EU version and NA version have their own translations from the original Korean. Some times it is a direct translation of the Korean names and others it is something custom they decide.

The truth is that EU seems to have more consistent names with the Korean equivalent than what we do both for items, minions, pets and instances.

The confusion exists only because the EU people are more dedicated to Aion so they have sites for information, names etc and they obviously have them for their names. So when NA people rely on EU sites for information then we get confused by the names.

But that is not NCWest's or GF's job, all aion sites are made by players and fanbase, none of them are owned by the companies, the difference is that Aion EU has far more player and thus more dedicated people and sites for the game than NA has.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They never "changed" them. EU version and NA version have their own translations from the original Korean. Some times it is a direct translation of the Korean names and others it is something custom they decide.

The truth is that EU seems to have more consistent names with the Korean equivalent than what we do both for items, minions, pets and instances.

The confusion exists only because the EU people are more dedicated to Aion so they have sites for information, names etc and they obviously have them for their names. So when NA people rely on EU sites for information then we get confused by the names.

But that is not NCWest's or GF's job, all aion sites are made by players and fanbase, none of them are owned by the companies, the difference is that Aion EU has far more player and thus more dedicated people and sites for the game than NA has.

It’s not about website, minion names are all screwed up in that salvage box. Luckily I noticed 3 weeks ago my Tenacious Viola became Rugged so once I got a rugged viola from salvage box I knew it’s what I needed.

Archived