NO West Coast Servers....

Guest Estufa

Guest Estufa

For a game being released 'for' the US, hosting only two servers both of which are east coast feels a bit weird. Almost like you guys care more about making it an EU/global release. The US is huge and I feel like for a paid sub game, setting up servers at the very least somewhere central seems like it would have been better received? It's not exactly exciting knowing us west coasters have the same latency as many in the EU.... I'm clearly disappointed, and it's really a shame because this game looks awesome! 

Guest why cant people read
  1. It isn't being released for the US,  it's being released for North America
  2. There is also an argument -weaker imo- that it is a global release- but a fair one- an having the servers located where there are is closer to a significant number of people who will login from EU.
  3. if i was at all vindictive - I might just point out that many of us played on the East coast with Austin servers, having lost our East coast servers- with bad ping AND  no more East coast time zone support, for years

Guest Peewee

I agree with you, i think time ago they had their server on Texas, but now you can expect to have 80 to 100 of ping if you play from the west coast.

Imagine crying over maybe 30 ms difference in ping. IF THAT! As someone who lives on the West Coast, I have less than 100ms on the retail servers, which are located in the same place. This is less than what my latency was back when I played in 2010-2012 even! EU and Latin populations are going to have it much worse. Yes the US is huge, but we have a pretty good infrastructure to where that distance isn't going to amount to anything felt. 

4 hours ago, Guest Estufa said:

For a game being released 'for' the US, hosting only two servers both of which are east coast feels a bit weird. Almost like you guys care more about making it an EU/global release. The US is huge and I feel like for a paid sub game, setting up servers at the very least somewhere central seems like it would have been better received? It's not exactly exciting knowing us west coasters have the same latency as many in the EU.... I'm clearly disappointed, and it's really a shame because this game looks awesome! 

Like who cares? I am in Australia with a 300ms in game ping, and you whine about east vs west coast.

Get a life!

Archived