CE Edition

Guest Jerba

Guest Jerba

Anyone know if those of us who got the Collectors Edition of the game back in 2009, will get our items for classic as well?

49 minutes ago, Arazith said:

There has been no word for that, nor would I expect there to have any considering there is a separate founders pack for Aion Classic. I would act as though this is a completely separate game from the retail version. 

Because it is separate.

Aion's launch in 2009 and its Collector's Edition applies to what we call live servers.

57 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Because it is separate.

Aion's launch in 2009 and its Collector's Edition applies to what we call live servers.

It may run seperate but it is the same game literally just a different version. it is still aion.

I enquired about this specifically, NCsoft support said they didnt know whether the code would work themselves and asked for patience.
the items are: Black Cloud Wing Set and Earring, Special Title, Exclusive Color Dye, and 2 Character Emotes

it is the same game, there should be no reason  functionality wise why they shouldnt work , and should be included to honour the original purchases made.

38 minutes ago, Guest blip said:

It may run seperate but it is the same game literally just a different version. it is still aion.

I enquired about this specifically, NCsoft support said they didnt know whether the code would work themselves and asked for patience.
the items are: Black Cloud Wing Set and Earring, Special Title, Exclusive Color Dye, and 2 Character Emotes

it is the same game, there should be no reason  functionality wise why they shouldnt work , and should be included to honour the original purchases made.

No, the entire shop backend which your CE was part of is gone. That's why you can't see it in your history.

46 minutes ago, Guest blip said:

They don't need to honor the original purchase on a game that is completely separate from the retail version of the game. The retail version of the game is still running and you have your items over there. 

Um... what? That's like saying you want your money back from the dinner you originally bought 10 years ago.

The closest thing you are going to get are the 2 new packs for Classic. It is what it is.

3 hours ago, Guest Ello said:

Um... what? That's like saying you want your money back from the dinner you originally bought 10 years ago.

The closest thing you are going to get are the 2 new packs for Classic. It is what it is.

thats not even a remotely close analogy, I dont think anyone hinted at  asking for a refund in this entire thread.

something closer for example would be a item that was included and an update was sent out at some point after which disabled that items functionality.

the point of enquiring is to keep/restore that functionality and if we could ask each CE player whether they want their pack im pretty sure it would be a yes,personally  id prefer to get access to the CE pack.

Worst case scenario is that they could include it in another paid pass giving others a chance to get it again(hopefully honoring existing CE) or not at all.

10 hours ago, Arazith said:

The retail version of the game is still running and you have your items over there. 

If only this was the case. I had a ton of dyes from different promotions, different unclaimed pets, skin sets, etc. on the old NCsoft master account. The ones that could be claimed multiple times on different alts. (Actually most of the dyes were 1 time claims, but I was holding out for awesome skins to dye white or black, so I lost a bunch of those.)

We were told that they were going to find a way to import all of the master account items into the shop so they could be claimed. Never happened.

I'm over it but I sure did miss the unlimited re-skin Porgus costume set I got from a convention that I would make alts, level to 10, skin the costume for people, delete the alt, make a new alt, rinse and repeat. Was fun to see people on Kaisinel showing up to sieges all in Porgus costumes.

Them's were the days.

Archived