Aion Classic - Ruined by Candies

IceAge

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wanna know what's fun? Today we had two servers with queue, at the point you'd get logged off to trying log on siel intead of being put on queue. And on Israphael where everyone though would be free and empty had 4k right after release.

After seeing the store, the candy selling and how huge it can be. Both servers in about 2 hours got empty to the point no queue is needed and City is  just a bunch of babies yelling each other on chat.

Now I ask you, how many candies do they have to sell EVERY MONTH to compensate all those players that would PAY subscription and who knows what else more, but left?

How many income would they have just having subscription at 15USD each player, with no daeva pass. I really hope some dev read what I am writing and hope this get into their minds. Can they sell candy every month to compensate all those subscriptions? 

That's all it takes to completely explode your game and it's financial stability. 

The lesson is to introduce cash shop items slowly. I don't know what was wrong with the subscription model really. Isn't that what the base game thrived on? 

1 hour ago, Guest Ava said:

The lesson is to introduce cash shop items slowly. I don't know what was wrong with the subscription model really. Isn't that what the base game thrived on? 

I think is the first time in the history of games ( or at least MMOs ), where there is : F2P , P2P , Battle Pass ( Daeva Pass ), Cosmetic Shop, Service Shop and ...P2W Candies!

Whoever is in charge in NA with Aion Classic, personally, I would NEVER hire the guy. 

P2P with Cosmetics, Pets , Dyes....that's what I was expecting. I mean NcSoft should of look no forward than WoW and ..copy their business model. 

But who am I kidding? NcSoft does what he knows better. nyerk up their player-base ( not counting the Whales ).

1 hour ago, Jagblade-DN said:

The damage is done and the economy is already ruined. Day one and we already have inflation through the roof. The only solution is to wipe the server, remove the candies, refund the Quna, and start over. It's still day one, it's not too late.

THE same posts were made in L2 Classic Day One. "Please wipe and fix the rates, is not too late!!"

Yea, no! Won't happen. Is NcSoft! :) 

Guest Wubbo

Uninstalled. The silence is pretty telling right now, I feel if this is something that they felt was an issue it would have been hotfixed by now. I was super excited for classic but I never went in with full trust for NCsoft so I'm not horribly let down I suppose. Been burned too many times by them...

1 hour ago, Guest Wubbo said:

Uninstalled. The silence is pretty telling right now, I feel if this is something that they felt was an issue it would have been hotfixed by now. I was super excited for classic but I never went in with full trust for NCsoft so I'm not horribly let down I suppose. Been burned too many times by them...

You literally sound like me! I'm not sad, but .. a bit disappointed as I though I will be able to play the game as I did back in the days, via P2P ... and not whoever has the biggest wallet.

Oh well. I have my WoW TBCC now. There is New World release soon. D3 New Season, D2:R in September....

All good! :) 

1 hour ago, KushinaUzumakl said:

I unlocked the payment 50$ package, you cen see it how here: https://support.ncsoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/204360059

And yes 6 candies i got, wich means instant 600k kinah, just like that :D Yeah, this is crap but well, this is it :|

It's an interesting P2W start, but yeah. The rest are some scrolls and a skin, really nothing too fancy ;)

600k just like that. Imagine others having millions already and are stacked up with Candies waiting to sell them tomorrow and the next day, etc.

They will buy their way with the said Kinah, with .. Mana Stones, Enchanted Stones, Stigmas etc.

Yup, nothing too fancy, lol. 

1 hour ago, IceAge said:

This is my posts on mmorpg.com , few hours before release

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7678128

Stop dreaming! :) 

Damn i just read that topic there :| yeah, it's indeed as u say.  Amd i'm agree on that also:

"Didn't even knew about the Daeva Pass, let alone the .. almighty candies." until ... today release !

And speaking of"Oh well! Back to WoW TBCC!  " well ... long live Warmane i guess ^^ !!! 🤪🥰

22 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Yup, nothing too fancy, lol. 

Well, these are the only money i will pay. Cause i don want to spent real money on virtual in game currency. Since i already paid for the P2P part, not knowing, i will receive kinah for that (which was an unexpected LOL reaction),  i definitely not destroy my money for the candy P2W part. NOP . The rest will come from the play part, as much as it comes ^^

If AION has such players, with large pockets, then we will KNOW how the "GOOD INVESTMENTS" of NC Soft are working 😲🤣

1 hour ago, KushinaUzumakl said:

Well, these are the only money i will pay. Cause i don want to spent real money on virtual in game currency. Since i already paid for the P2P part, not knowing, i will receive kinah for that (which was an unexpected LOL reaction),  i definitely not destroy my money for the candy P2W part. NOP . The rest will come from the play part, as much as it comes ^^

If AION has such players, with large pockets, then we will KNOW how the "GOOD INVESTMENTS" of NC Soft are working 😲🤣

No worries. Enjoy it. To each his own. 

I personally can't play Aion in this state. I have pretty good memories with Aion, especially 2009-2011 and I would like to keep it that way! :) 

27 minutes ago, 1s6D464 said:

what exactly was ruined? just curious. is there some sort of advantage to buying kinah? aside from being able to buy whatever you want on the marketplace whats the big deal?

THIS.

NOTHING.

While it sucks yes, and they shouldn't have done it. There is nothing that is truly pay to win that i couldn't acquire myself. And it sucks because you can't look at this game on social media now without kids crying. 

Guest Blahblah123
35 minutes ago, BioForm said:

THIS.

NOTHING.

While it sucks yes, and they shouldn't have done it. There is nothing that is truly pay to win that i couldn't acquire myself. And it sucks because you can't look at this game on social media now without kids crying. 

Prime NCsoft defending material right here. A brand new account appeared on reddit 1 hour ago with the same name as this guy and within minutes a large post in defense of NCsoft was put up. This guy even admits he's brand new to the game, he has absolutely no idea what the implications of this is. His opinion is garbage.

U guys are like kids crying about destroyed toy.

How are the candied p2w? Imagine u cant buy items that ppl dont sell. Who will sell gold items? What u want to sell?

And if u are as me not buying candies, just use those who did and take the kinah from them..... overprice green shits etc, coz thats how u can make kinah. Im lvl 11 and I have already 200k kinah w/o candies. Just be smart :) and stop cry already.

There are tons of ppl enjoying the game, I bet there is minimum 10k ppl on every server. And i see around 10ppl crying here on forum how its p2w. Then just leave and let us play.

Btw u can buy gold in EVERY mmo, somewhere its less obvious somewhere its more obvious, but u cal always buy golds :) 

Guest The Economist

Not giving time for crafters to do their thing.  For a the foundation of trade to be instilled. For natural values to adjust per market conditions. You kill any chance of the economy to flourishing. One reason several civilizations have perished as well. Add money in "government bailout" risks the same effect. This was an intentional move to pair in line with this Event that is running right now. They want people to rush to hit 50 and so on. Quickest way will be with your wallet or from someone has a wallet and can help you. They know how to exploit the whales, as other companies have.  

It's a super smart business tactic. Overall society is pretty weak minded these days, flock of sheep following the FOMO. With so much being digitized it's turning into an Idiocracy, we all helped create.   It's super frustrating when it happens to a game you enjoy, especially a PvP game. PvE isn't so bad outside of leader boards. But think about back to the Arcade days, for those of us that experienced it. How did the great get great? They spent more money! Maxed out every last quarter they could. Unless you did the tape and quarter trick (old school exploit). 

Guest DevilsAdvocate

I hate to be one, but honestly if  Aion Classic will be ruined by anything it will "whinning about candies". How often do you really care that the next guy in mmo has more money than you?  He usually does, but you dont think about it and just play the game because you like it.

Earlier people whined about cashshop, so they purged it next to nothing to make them happy with only some pets and surgey/name tickets, and added some candy just to put something "extra" in, and people went to whine about the candy. To be hair it is kinda stupid move, especially when apparently same situation was already resolved in Korea, but all this doomsaying "day 1 ruined economy/server"  will only become selffulfiling prophecy becuase spamming it everywhere will scare away everyone who otherwise couln't care less.

In Korea it didnt kill anything (yeah different mentaility I know), they have 8 servers going strong, and afaik they are holding back on adding any extreme P2W. And half a year later people hardly care about somebody getting extra starting kinah back then.

Guest Gummy Bear
21 minutes ago, Guest Ariel said:

Would anyone be kind enough to elaborate this candy dilemma to a new player?

In short, the candies that are being sold in the cash shop can be traded to in-game vendors for 100k each (300k each before the hot-fix), which shouldn't have been possible since it would affect negatively to the natural growth of the game economy. The Korean player base had addressed this issue, hence the removal of the trading feature of the candies on their servers. However, the NA team decided that this is a non-critical issue; therefore, they won't disable the trading feature of the candies here in NA.

...which is dumb. EVEN IF this WOULD NOT hurt those who aren't whales, it just shows that the ones in charge here on the NA side just won't listen. I had so much hope that this time around,  they would make an effort to listen, but... this would just be Retail all over again...

Archived