Chanter advice for a new player

Guest Shh

Hi guys! I am completely new to Aion and was just looking for some guidance on my preferred stat priority for Chanter? (And if different for PvP/PvE)
Have tried finding info but it seems to be all over the place and from different patches.

Thank you in advance ❤️

10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

P.Attack + P.Crit... as simple as that, at least for pve. It is not like chanter is a true healer in classic as far as I know.

they aren't.

But they can provide a better support since they give way more significant p.attack (and magic boost) to the group compared to retail

3 hours ago, Arkanus-DN said:

they aren't.

But they can provide a better support since they give way more significant p.attack (and magic boost) to the group compared to retail

So I guess I was right, they do not need defensive or supportive stats.

Guest Leiloni
15 hours ago, Guest JJay said:

No this is a bad guide. For one thing Support Chanters still use a Staff. All Chanters are likely to have a Mace/Shield offhand but it won't get used much. This intro line is also not correct - "A Support Chanter will spend most (or all) of their time healing and buffing, whereas a DPS chanter will spend a greater portion of their time DPSing/buffing and only aid with healing when absolutely necessary"

All Chanters will keep buffs up, debuffs via dps, and otherwise dps and only off-heal when their help is needed (good judgement required). I don't know if things changed in later Retail patches that make this guide relevant for Retail, but as of now both specs play more similarly. I'd just say DPS Chanters are more offensive since they have more offensive skills obviously. I'm not going to breakdown the entire guide and stat/gear options, etc. You can get good advice in Community Discord Class channel if need be. Don't follow this guide, though.

2 hours ago, Guest Leiloni said:

I don't know if things changed in later Retail patches that make this guide relevant for Retail

Well, it's certainly incorrect for current retail patch as chanters are the main healers, and this guide references clerics as main heals. Plus this guide talks about coin gear, etc, which hasn't existed in retail patch for nearly 3 years now. Maybe this guide was kind of intended for like 4.x-5.x times?

23 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Well, it's certainly incorrect for current retail patch as chanters are the main healers, and this guide references clerics as main heals. Plus this guide talks about coin gear, etc, which hasn't existed in retail patch for nearly 3 years now. Maybe this guide was kind of intended for like 4.x-5.x times?

That would make sense. I wonder if a private server player made it because a lot of those are 4.x patches. Not the same as Classic Aion at all. It's just unfortunate because I see this guide shared a lot.

Archived