without the aura you can't get blue items either

RickGuetta

what a joke this is, if that's it, this game is not free to play but pay to win. It's ridiculous, it's nicer to charge a monthly fee than to make people look like an idiot wasting their time. I'm deleting this game from my computer right now.  The disrespect that this company had with the consumer in the past is enough, it launched the paid game, we buy the game and pay monthly, and then the game breaks and becomes free without even returning or giving any bonus to those who were faithful paying every month and bought the game in 2009 hasta la vista game failed, failed in the past and worsened in the present, I do not give 2 months for the servers to be empty.

31 minutes ago, 1s2B6221 said:

This is actually changed in 1.5 so you can no longer loot green items without a pass. 

You got a source for that? The link I gave is literally the Siels Aura page from NCSoft and clearly states you can loot Superior or below, so green and white gear.

23 minutes ago, RickGuetta said:

what a joke this is, if that's it, this game is not free to play but pay to win. It's ridiculous, it's nicer to charge a monthly fee than to make people look like an idiot wasting their time. I'm deleting this game from my computer right now.  The disrespect that this company had with the consumer in the past is enough, it launched the paid game, we buy the game and pay monthly, and then the game breaks and becomes free without even returning or giving any bonus to those who were faithful paying every month and bought the game in 2009 hasta la vista game failed, failed in the past and worsened in the present, I do not give 2 months for the servers to be empty.

This game never claimed to be free to play, it's a pay to play, just like when it first came out. There is a monthly fee for classic. As far as Retail went, there were bonuses for long lasting players, I know my friend who got me into the game all those years ago got at least 4-5 years of bonuses before they quit. But for now, just like Aion was all those years ago, it's a subscription model.

11 hours ago, RickGuetta said:

You're absolutely right, it's not free to play.  That's why the daily aura says "Trial" on it.  In this context, trial means you got to see what you'd be getting if you paid for a sub, which includes the blue drop you missed out on.

15 hours ago, 1s2B6221 said:

We're in 1.2, here's the patch notes for 1.5 which will be in ~2 months: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Classic_-_1.5_Update

Those are Korea's patch notes. While we will most likely follow suit those are not accurate for the US client. Heck, the page says "This page was last edited on 13 January 2021, at 20:29." at the very bottom. That site also states the US is TBD on version so the site itself hasn't even been updated to include the US version of the game. I would take this as more of a guideline.

Also, where did you hear we update to 1.5 in two months?

1 hour ago, Foxy Boxy said:

Those are Korea's patch notes. While we will most likely follow suit those are not accurate for the US client. Heck, the page says "This page was last edited on 13 January 2021, at 20:29." at the very bottom. That site also states the US is TBD on version so the site itself hasn't even been updated to include the US version of the game. I would take this as more of a guideline.

Also, where did you hear we update to 1.5 in two months?

If you check the patch notes we're basically caught up with 1.2 patches that KR got (one of the last ones was the relic appraiser for example). 

All I am doing is following the KR patches as a guide. Things could change, but typically they don't change that much. Especially with Classic it seems like we're following it really close. 

I also said about 2 months because that was the KR timeframe also. Could be 3, could be 4, just have to wait and see. 

Archived