Suggestion to improve Garden of Growth event

Barbarella

Hi guys, Hi @Kibbelz, I'm here with  my open heart to truly suggest a way to improve Garden of Growth and so we can fully enjoy the event.

PLEASE, we need a way to PRIORITIZE Dukaki Swindlers mobs! Because in the settings for auto hunt we can see the "quest monsters first" option but in fact, there is no quest monsters there.

It would truly help when doing event on alters because they kill lots of centipedes and for those who don't have many areas it's really tough. We are not able to collect the full amount of event coins. 

Also, when the plants appear,  if our toon focus just one plant all the centipedes come to "eat us", most alters can't bear this and die easily coz the damage is high. Although my alters are full sovereign, retuned and full ultimate accessories some die easily in this situation.  

I wish we can get this for the next Garden of Growth event, it would help a lot. PRIORITIZE Dukaki Swindlers pls!

1 hour ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

Hi guys, Hi @Kibbelz, I'm here with  my open heart to truly suggest a way to improve Garden of Growth and so we can fully enjoy the event.

PLEASE, we need a way to PRIORITIZE Dukaki Swindlers mobs! Because in the settings for auto hunt we can see the "quest monsters first" option but in fact, there are no quest monsters there.

It would truly help when doing event on alters because they kill lots of centipedes and for those who don't have many areas it's really tough. We are not able to collect the full amount of event coins. 

Also, when the plants appear,  if our toon focus just one plant all the centipedes come to "eat us", most alters can't bear this and die easily coz the damage is high. Although my alters are full sovereign, retuned and full ultimate accessories some die easily in this situation.  

I wish we can get this for the next Garden of Growth event, it would help a lot. PRIORITIZE Dukaki Swindlers pls!

This time we have 2 entries per day per character instead of one. I'm not sure if you are doing the event on all 12 alts, which would make 24h per day (12*2 hours), but as for me, the absolute doable maximum is 6 alts * 2 hours per day = 12 hours, provided that you are only playing this event. Now, it's not so hard to choose 6 classes that are the best for auto-hunting mobs which are : sorcerer, spiritmaster, AT, songweaver, vandal, gladiator, ranger. Any alt of these classes can effectively clear the instance, provided that it has full red gear. If you have some issues, you can always switch to normal mode where mobs are weaker, because normal mode drops exactly the same amount of event coins. Chanter, cleric, templar, sin may not be the best classes to choose (however, my cleric clears the instance without problems you mentioned).

Can you precise how many event coins you get per run ? Because full clear 1 run gives a maximum of 250-260 event coins, so if you have the same amount, that means everything is ok.

1 minute ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

This time we have 2 entries per day per character instead of one. I'm not sure if you are doing the event on all 12 alts, which would make 24h per day (12*2 hours), but as for me, the absolute doable maximum is 6 alts * 2 hours per day = 12 hours, provided that you are only playing this event. Now, it's not so hard to choose 6 classes that are the best for auto-hunting mobs which are : sorcerer, spiritmaster, AT, songweaver, vandal, gladiator, ranger. Any alt of these classes can effectively clear the instance, provided that it has full red gear. If you have some issues, you can always switch to normal mode where mobs are weaker, because normal mode drops exactly the same amount of event coins. Chanter, cleric, templar, sin may not be the best classes to choose (however, my cleric clears the instance without problems you mentioned).

Can you precise how many event coins you get per run ? Because full clear 1 run gives a maximum of 250-260 event coins, so if you have the same amount, that means everything is ok.

I'm doing it on 9 alters coz 3 of em don't have full ultimate accessories. I'm only afk doing event to get coins, since retail is dead af, I wasn't even logging but for Garden it's worth it. I split the entries in different days, after reset and before reset. 

I do it perfectly on my main Cleric, Glad, AT, SW, Vandal, Ranger and Templar although templar doesn't clear the instance. For me, Gunner and Sorc aren't working out good, the problem with the sorc is not to kill, is to handle the damage. Since it's an alter nothing else, my sorc is not so strong. I've spoken to good main sorcs and they have passed me the best rotation in their opinion and still I can't completely let my sorc afk. I don't have gemstones either. Gunner there is this problem with pistols and cannon, what should I use.  I've tried both builds and it's still not good.

All of them except for my main are normal mode. Glad, AT, SW, Vandal and Ranger I get 220~260 coins. Templar not so good coz I don't use areas since single target skill hits are stronger, I barely can make 200 coins. Sorc and Gunner are tiring to do event coz I need to be watching them. Everytime I look they are focusing on centipedes! Damnn... by the time Garden is ending, lots of Dukakis are still alive coz they are busy killing centipedes since they appear in a higher quantity. 

I aim to buy ancient transformation contracts and they cost 1.000 each, 1 per week. On my best toons I can get 1 contract in 2 days but the other 3 (Temp, Sorc and Gunner) takes days. 

Look how many Dukakis are alive..
dQs9P.jpg

Imo, I don't know if it's like this for other players but toons that don't have areas or not so many areas, their hits gotta kill fast enough to be able to clear the instance not using areas, killing one by one as I think a Sin might do it. And if you do have areas but they have high CD like Sorcerer or they are not strong enough to insta kill, like my Gunner's cannon and Templar areas, it's another problem I see. 

If you have any idea of how I can make it any better I really appreciate the help. Because the focusing on centipedes is annooying. 

53 minutes ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

Imo, I don't know if it's like this for other players but toons that don't have areas or not so many areas, their hits gotta kill fast enough to be able to clear the instance not using areas, killing one by one as I think a Sin might do it. And if you do have areas but they have high CD like Sorcerer or they are not strong enough to insta kill, like my Gunner's cannon and Templar areas, it's another problem I see. 

If you have any idea of how I can make it any better I really appreciate the help. Because the focusing on centipedes is annooying. 

Can you ss your sorc rotation pls ?

The best class to clear GoG is SM, with sandblaster he can gather the whole room and with his aoe daevanion he literally hits one mob and kills up to 8, that skill is 1s cool down! On top of this, SM has 1 skill for both MP and HP drain which is very powerful and spammable.

Classes that do not have spammable aoe skills are most likely impossible to clear unless of course they have the right gear to melt each target they choose and/or go to the normal mode.

Also give your chars a looting minion ability. It helps a lot not having to go loot every mob especially when AoE happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best SM rotation is like this:

1. Backdraft - HP/MP Drain
    100% necessary and why not, you only need 2 skills to clear the room after all and you have 5 skill slots
  2. Blood Funnel - Mass Drain
    because why not, it is aoe, big radius, drains mp/hp, gathers mobs, you don't "need" it but it does the job
  3. Sandblaster - spammable dot aoe
    this helps gather the mobs for the 4th skills due to its huge 15m radius
  4. Choking Winds - Aoe Daevanion
    which does 99% of the job, this is also enchantable and the 7m radius is ok due to sandblaster
  5. Cursecloud - DP aoe skill
    pretty optional you can defo skip this, it would be great if the char could have used it at 10:00 mark where the flowers become mobs

Screenshot-63.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For sorcerers I am using these, I am using an alt which doesn't have +15 daevanions, so these are the normal ones. You still need good gear to kill the room though. Maybe someone has a better rotation. It is not that the mobs are hard, it is that they are too many and unless you have an AoE class you are not effective. I wish we had at least 3 buffs, we could have used the 3rd offensive buff we have, but that is not possible.

1. Flame Waltz - Big Aoe
    long cool down but good dmg with dot effect that spreads in other mobs that are nearby, it helps clear when killing is not fast and you end up with some clusters of mobs.
  2. Volcanic Wrath - Aoe
    semi spammable, just because it is aoe, the aetherhold effect is useless due to not having more skill slots to put the Aether Inferno
  3. Refracting Shard - MP drain skill
    100% necessary, GST potions most likely are not enough to cover your MP needs
  4. Thundering Spear - HP drain skill
    100% necessary, same reason to MP
  5. Raging Inferno - I put the daevanion since it does a pretty good job
    Here you must place a low cd + nice dmg + spammable skill, raging inferno is usually enchanted first on my sorcs since it does a pretty good job at dmg

Screenshot-60.png

...your sorc needs good gear. If you have XP mark gear go to normal mode, nor hard. We are not what you call an AoE class in 6.+, we had far more AoE skills that got removed. In Classic we have more useful aoe than we have now.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, Gabrielis-KT said:

19 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The best class to clear GoG is SM, with sandblaster he can gather the whole room and with his aoe daevanion he literally hits one mob and kills up to 8, that skill is 1s cool down! On top of this, SM has 1 skill for both MP and HP drain which is very powerful and spammable.

Classes that do not have spammable aoe skills are most likely impossible to clear unless of course they have the right gear to melt each target they choose and/or go to the normal mode.

Also give your chars a looting minion ability. It helps a lot not having to go loot every mob especially when AoE happens.

Best SM rotation is like this:

1. Backdraft - HP/MP Drain
    100% necessary and why not, you only need 2 skills to clear the room after all and you have 5 skill slots
  2. Blood Funnel - Mass Drain
    because why not, it is aoe, big radius, drains mp/hp, gathers mobs, you don't "need" it but it does the job
  3. Sandblaster - spammable dot aoe
    this helps gather the mobs for the 4th skills due to its huge 15m radius
  4. Choking Winds - Aoe Daevanion
    which does 99% of the job, this is also enchantable and the 7m radius is ok due to sandblaster
  5. Cursecloud - DP aoe skill
    pretty optional you can defo skip this, it would be great if the char could have used it at 10:00 mark where the flowers become mobs

Screenshot-63.png

For sorcerers I am using these, I am using an alt which doesn't have +15 daevanions, so these are the normal ones. You still need good gear to kill the room though. Maybe someone has a better rotation. It is not that the mobs are hard, it is that they are too many and unless you have an AoE class you are not effective. I wish we had at least 3 buffs, we could have used the 3rd offensive buff we have, but that is not possible.

1. Flame Waltz - Big Aoe
    long cool down but good dmg with dot effect that spreads in other mobs that are nearby, it helps clear when killing is not fast and you end up with some clusters of mobs.
  2. Volcanic Wrath - Aoe
    semi spammable, just because it is aoe, the aetherhold effect is useless due to not having more skill slots to put the Aether Inferno
  3. Refracting Shard - MP drain skill
    100% necessary, GST potions most likely are not enough to cover your MP needs
  4. Thundering Spear - HP drain skill
    100% necessary, same reason to MP
  5. Raging Inferno - I put the daevanion since it does a pretty good job
    Here you must place a low cd + nice dmg + spammable skill, raging inferno is usually enchanted first on my sorcs since it does a pretty good job at dmg

Screenshot-60.png

...your sorc needs good gear. If you have XP mark gear go to normal mode, nor hard. We are not what you call an AoE class in 6.+, we had far more AoE skills that got removed. In Classic we have more useful aoe than we have now.

Great infos! I appreciate the help a lot! Thnx :)

About sorc, I don't have the Raging Inferno daevanion... oh how I wish!! I've been trying for 4 weeks the to get it from weekly daevanion and I only get repeated daevanions :( my inv is full of books haha since I still don't have it, I use the "default" one, Freezing Wind. 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, Gabrielis-KT said:

Atm I'm using this one but Imma try the one Arhangelos suggested and see if it's better for me!

I have just noticed I also don't have Thundering Spear... Imma keep crafting daevanions till I get Raging Inferno and this one, so for now I gotta use Spear of Gust and Freezing Wind.

sorc.png

6 hours ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

Atm I'm using this one but Imma try the one Arhangelos suggested and see if it's better for me!

I have just noticed I also don't have Thundering Spear... Imma keep crafting daevanions till I get Raging Inferno and this one, so for now I gotta use Spear of Gust and Freezing Wind.

sorc.png

Well, first of all, I must mention that your skill order is totally incorrect, and this is the issue why your auto-hunt doesn't work on sorc and on other classes probably too.. As stated in the patch notes, the new auto-hunt system uses skills in the priority according to their number. So anytime when number 1 is off cd (and this is every 2 sec in your case), it will use number 1. So your auto-hunt will never go past skills number 2 or maximum 3. When you put your skills on auto-hunt screen, you arrange them according to cd, so number 1 must be the longest cd and number 5 - the shortest, it's freezing wind in your case. Once you re-arrange your skills you will see already a huge difference.

I don't think raging inferno will make much difference here, but without daevanions and gemstone sorc is not a sorc in Aion 7.x. The only thing I can suggest to you without any upgrade is to swap glacial shard with flame harpoon, glacial shard deals too much damage to squishy mobs in garden and has a long cd. The rest looks correct, because you have both mana and HP drain skills in place.

Now, if you consider upgrading your sorc a bit, the best skill will be the red gemstone skill, but it will require some investment from you because the prices for shinings went up. Another option is to get daevanion skills either by crafting for XP marks or bying a selectable box with prestige. It's not really raging inferno you should go to but rather shifting magma or volcanic wraths.

Also, like Arhangelos mentioned, the best class for garden is spiritmaster with choking winds. My sm only has 3 skills in his rotation - backdraft, sandblaster and choking winds.

6 hours ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

sorc.png

You put the longer CD skills first so they act whenever possible.

Your first skill is a melee one (Freezing Wind)  and thus it will already try to go close to the mob first thing which is wrong.

Glacial shard is not the best option if you go for an ulti, better use Flame Spray since you you can spam it twice as often or even better use flame harpoojn or ice harpoon. The mobs there are not that hard, it is just they are too many.

I still think the normal AoE we have is better because it will hit up to 10 targets and will make a bigger overall dmg than glacial shard and on top of that it has lower cool down.

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Well, first of all, I must mention that your skill order is totally incorrect, and this is the issue why your auto-hunt doesn't work on sorc and on other classes probably too.. As stated in the patch notes, the new auto-hunt system uses skills in the priority according to their number. So anytime when number 1 is off cd (and this is every 2 sec in your case), it will use number 1. So your auto-hunt will never go past skills number 2 or maximum 3. When you put your skills on auto-hunt screen, you arrange them according to cd, so number 1 must be the longest cd and number 5 - the shortest, it's freezing wind in your case. Once you re-arrange your skills you will see already a huge difference.

I don't think raging inferno will make much difference here, but without daevanions and gemstone sorc is not a sorc in Aion 7.x. The only thing I can suggest to you without any upgrade is to swap glacial shard with flame harpoon, glacial shard deals too much damage to squishy mobs in garden and has a long cd. The rest looks correct, because you have both mana and HP drain skills in place.

Now, if you consider upgrading your sorc a bit, the best skill will be the red gemstone skill, but it will require some investment from you because the prices for shinings went up. Another option is to get daevanion skills either by crafting for XP marks or bying a selectable box with prestige. It's not really raging inferno you should go to but rather shifting magma or volcanic wraths.

Also, like Arhangelos mentioned, the best class for garden is spiritmaster with choking winds. My sm only has 3 skills in his rotation - backdraft, sandblaster and choking winds.

Ohhh, I totally get it now. I have never thought about how auto-hunt works actually, I mean, I thought order wasn't that important. Just like, put the skills you want your toon to use and that's enough haha

Thanks you a lot for the help :) Now I can see it clearly.

The settings Arhangelos showed me worked out pretty good! I tried to get Raging Inferno but I got Frigid Wave so I'm using this one.

Do you have any suggestion for Gunner or/and Templar? That's the 2 other classes I don't do it good, they collect less coins. 

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You put the longer CD skills first so they act whenever possible.

Your first skill is a melee one (Freezing Wind)  and thus it will already try to go close to the mob first thing which is wrong.

Glacial shard is not the best option if you go for an ulti, better use Flame Spray since you you can spam it twice as often or even better use flame harpoojn or ice harpoon. The mobs there are not that hard, it is just they are too many.

I still think the normal AoE we have is better because it will hit up to 10 targets and will make a bigger overall dmg than glacial shard and on top of that it has lower cool down.

Since Gabrielis explained it, now I understand! As I mentioned, I have never thought about how auto-hunt works, I mean, if the orders are important or you just put the skills you want your toon to use and that's it.

Yesterday I got Frigid Wave trying to get Raging Inferno.. one day I know I'll get it hahaha

Thanks a lot for the help!! Your skills settings worked out pretty good for me! Many many thanks :) Imma stick with it, finally using a good setting to make it better with my sorc. 

One last thing, do you have any idea of skills I should use on Gunner or/and Templar? These are the other 2 toons I can't do it very well, they collect way less coins..

25 minutes ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

Since Gabrielis explained it, now I understand! As I mentioned, I have never thought about how auto-hunt works, I mean, if the orders are important or you just put the skills you want your toon to use and that's it.

Yesterday I got Frigid Wave trying to get Raging Inferno.. one day I know I'll get it hahaha

Thanks a lot for the help!! Your skills settings worked out pretty good for me! Many many thanks :) Imma stick with it, finally using a good setting to make it better with my sorc. 

One last thing, do you have any idea of skills I should use on Gunner or/and Templar? These are the other 2 toons I can't do it very well, they collect way less coins..

Sorry I didn't see someone else gave an explanation right before me, also it looks like we made our replies at the same time, he must have hit "Submit Reply" earlier than me lol.

Frigid Wave is also good because it is OK dmg, it is enchantable, slows the target and it is ranged, theoretically the fact your char won't lose some seconds trying to go near the target to hit with Raging Inferno might end up making him more dmg overall with Frigid Wave.

As for the other two classes, I have never in my life played them. I would still get the same scenario, if they have any good aoe then put it first, make sure you put a self healing skill drain or passive either on buffs' section or in direct skills. And then put some low cd fast skills. Gunner defo has some AoE, but not sure about Templar.

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Sorry I didn't see someone else gave an explanation right before me, also it looks like we made our replies at the same time, he jsut hit "Submit Reply" earlier than me lol.

Frigid Wave is also good because it is OK dmg, it is enchantable, does slow and it is ranged, theoretically the fact your char won't lose some seconds trying to go near the target might end up making him more dmg overall with it.

As for the other two classes, I have never in my life played them. I would still get the same scenario, if they have any good aoe then put it first, make sure you put a self healing skill drain or passive either on buffs' section or in direct skills. And then put some low cd fast skills. Gunner defo has some AoE, but not sure about Templar.

Hahaha np at all! All goods, it helps me a lot to have 2 people suggesting me how to get better :D 

That's true about the Frigid Wave! Coz the Freezing Wind, having to go really near, was a bit too much. Imma still try to get Raging and Thundering Spear!

Oh how I wish I had created more vandals and glads XD it was suggested to me to create all 12 classes to get to know them better for pvp, also to know the classes in general, in case I want to reroll someday. Sheesh.. what a mistake.

Gunner is a pain in the ass coz pistols - 1 area, loong cd but it heals me really good and insta shots. But cannon - lots of areas, long casting and no heals! No idea how I should do it.. I've tried both pistols and cannon but didn't succeed, guess bc of the order and wrong choice of skills. I don't know many Gunners to help me with this! :(  

The templar's issue imo are the area skills.. I really use drain HP skills, buffs and shield, but the fact is that templar has almost no areas and the areas are too short ranged and not so strong you know. Killing one by one takes longer to kill Dukakis coz they focus too much on centipedes since they outnumber Dukakis.

3 minutes ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

Hahaha np at all! All goods, it helps me a lot to have 2 people suggesting me how to get better :D 

That's true about the Frigid Wave! Coz the Freezing Wind, having to go really near, was a bit too much. Imma still try to get Raging and Thundering Spear!

Oh how I wish I had created more vandals and glads XD it was suggested to me to create all 12 classes to get to know them better for pvp, also to know the classes in general, in case I want to reroll someday. Sheesh.. what a mistake.

Gunner is a pain in the ass coz pistols - 1 area, loong cd but it heals me really good and insta shots. But cannon - lots of areas, long casting and no heals! No idea how I should do it.. I've tried both pistols and cannon but didn't succeed, guess bc of the order and wrong choice of skills. I don't know many Gunners to help me with this! :(  

The templar's issue imo are the area skills.. I really use drain HP skills, buffs and shield, but the fact is that templar has almost no areas and the areas are too short ranged and not so strong you know. Killing one by one takes longer to kill Dukakis coz they focus too much on centipedes since they outnumber Dukakis.

Have you tried gunner + canons + GST potions, since he has no drain he will run out of MP/Hp eventually. If potions are enough to keep him running and alive then it will worth it if the aoe of canons can do it.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Have you tried gunner + canons + GST potions, since he has no drain he will run out of MP/Hp eventually. If potions are enough to keep him running and alive then it will worth it if the aoe of canons can do it.

Imma try it.. I've being trying so many different ways TnT damn Gunner is tough hahahaha thank you again, lemme see how it goes then I tell you!

Cannon AoEs are good af, just gotta put em in the right order..

Archived