Balic material drop rate really bad?

Faze

Is anyone else experiencing really poor drop rates of balic materials from balaur?
Across all levels of balauar, including Lv50. And even in Draupnir Cave were you can kill a ton of balaur during your run, you might see 1 or 2 balic drops if you're clearing DC for EXP. 

Balic materials are only going to get more expensive as players leave the Thick/Hard balic material level ranges of 25 to 40 as they get closer to level cap (excluding folks staying around those levels). So getting your crafting past expert and towards 449p is only going to keep getting more expensive as time goes on, making weapon/armor crafting hard to profit from. Weaponsmithing is already tough to profit from with the multiple procs needed, especially when you're RNG is in the dirt like mine seems to be lol. 

This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. The issue is most people don't care because the majority of players are focused on PVP.  But it's a hard gatekeeping issue for some crafters, Handicrafting and weaponcrafting are particularly screwed because there are no "easy" recipes to make to get skill ups like with Alchemy or even Armorsmithing and Tailoring. Basically if you don't have balaur mats when you hit 400 in your craft you put all of that effort into it for no reason.

5 hours ago, Arysana said:

This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. The issue is most people don't care because the majority of players are focused on PVP.  But it's a hard gatekeeping issue for some crafters, Handicrafting and weaponcrafting are particularly screwed because there are no "easy" recipes to make to get skill ups like with Alchemy or even Armorsmithing and Tailoring. Basically if you don't have balaur mats when you hit 400 in your craft you put all of that effort into it for no reason.

What easy recipe does Tailoring have? Asking for a friend 

Expert Sobi/Xillix Boots/Gloves/Pauldrons (and leather equivalents). These recipes take very little in resources and the resources they do take cost next to nothing to produce. By contrast if a Handi/Weaponcrafter wants to make literally anything above 400 they need to gather nearly 10 times the number of mats, and the mats that are gathered cost a mind boggling amount to process. Let

I have an expert Tailor on Classic Siel and haven't used balic mats to get my skill up thus far. However, my Handicrafter has 2 options, Make Fancy Necklaces, or Expert Staves and Bows. The wooden weapons cost a little less to produce but aren't far behind the jewelry and every attempt regardless of which one I pick is a multi-step production from hell of which the steps to get to the actual craft give no skill ups. 

The game was designed with Balic mats taking over for the work orders that were previously available, except, there are no mats because the drop rate is terrible.

We have the 2.7 client and slightly increased drop rate vs old classic but I believe the updates from 1.9 and 2.1 had specific hunting and item drop rate increases. We def have elements of 1.9 update because that was the update that introduced Armsfusion, +15 gear enchantment, and Remove Shock. I think 1.9 also gave the judge series of gear. It certainly seems like drop rates for gear especially from world bosses is increased more often than not, but Balic  mats specifically seem to be the only items lacking in a decent drop rate and it may be because that gear is prob the best in game atm so KR may have intentionally lowered the mat drops for Classic.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the mob droprate will get better when they'll introduce miragent/fenris. Since those sets require boiling balaur blood stains x100 and there's not even that number on the broker right now, I'm pretty sure next patch will improve global droprate (lets hope global droprate of  instances too :), after 15 runs I've yet to see grogget drop a thing )

Archived