Solo Instances

Zizel

Hi, I was wondering why we don't have solo instances? I think that would be really good as I see a lot players complaining not finding groups. 

It also would help a lot players that play solo ? 

Sorry if I'm missing something or if it was reposted or announced as it concern classic .

21 hours ago, Zizel said:

Hi, I was wondering why we don't have solo instances? I think that would be really good as I see a lot players complaining not finding groups. 

It also would help a lot players that play solo ? 

Sorry if I'm missing something or if it was reposted or announced as it concern classic .

In the old aion solo instances were indeed not a thing yet, and later we got more and more solo friendly content and even better many instances in retail that are meant for groups, are soloable by most classes.

This is why I never did a single instance in my life in the old Aion, I was a soloer and I never cared to do the things that demanded a group.

21 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

In the old aion solo instances were indeed not a thing yet, and later we got more and more solo friendly content and even better many instances in retail that are meant for groups, are soloable by most classes.

This is why I never did a single instance in my life in the old Aion, I was a soloer and I never cared to do the things that demanded a group.

Guessing you got killed a lot. I find it hard to believe you never did a group instance. Because you can mob grind to 50 yes, but you aren't soloing certain campaigns. Unless you just never finished them, which I believe is the case because you never grouped.

8 hours ago, Demigo said:

Guessing you got killed a lot. I find it hard to believe you never did a group instance. Because you can mob grind to 50 yes, but you aren't soloing certain campaigns. Unless you just never finished them, which I believe is the case because you never grouped.

Of course I didn't do all campaigns, only those mandatory for progression.

The first time I ever did a social instance was in TEB (The Eternal Bastion) when it was kinda mandatory to get coins and AP and it is not like I enjoyed doing 3~4 runs per day and it was also done when you could find alliances in lfg because in the beginning it was a static-alliance exclusive instance.

Then I did a lot of grouped dungeons in 6.x because not only it was streamlined but all of them were doable by random people in lfg and since my dps was pretty high I didn't struggle to find groups. 6.x is what made me loath instances of course, after running them for hundreds of times and still not getting that one last item I wanted.

16 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Of course I didn't do all campaigns, only those mandatory for progression.

The first time I ever did a social instance was in TEB (The Eternal Bastion) when it was kinda mandatory to get coins and AP and it is not like I enjoyed doing 3~4 runs per day and it was also done when you could find alliances in lfg because in the beginning it was a static-alliance exclusive instance.

Then I did a lot of grouped dungeons in 6.x because not only it was streamlined but all of them were doable by random people in lfg and since my dps was pretty high I didn't struggle to find groups. 6.x is what made me loath instances of course, after running them for hundreds of times and still not getting that one last item I wanted.

Ahhh, so excuse my presumption, but, I'm assuming you never played launch? Before 2.0? You weren't a part of the pay to play group when the game first came out? If I'm mistaken, let me know. My point is that if you have never played from back then, you don't really have room to speak. The current retail of Aion is rubbish which is why they released classic. Classic right now, has far more player base than retail does. You know why? Because despite the candies, the game is better in this version.

10 hours ago, Demigo said:

Ahhh, so excuse my presumption, but, I'm assuming you never played launch? Before 2.0? You weren't a part of the pay to play group when the game first came out? If I'm mistaken, let me know. My point is that if you have never played from back then, you don't really have room to speak. The current retail of Aion is rubbish which is why they released classic. Classic right now, has far more player base than retail does. You know why? Because despite the candies, the game is better in this version.

I am playing since early 2010, I played in EU and immigrated to NA when NCSoft sold the rights to a 3rd party company. Of course it was pay to play.

I have no room to talk? My point to that person was that earlier Aion wasn't as solo friendly as the later patches. And that is true because I was a soloer and I know it very well how hard it was.

If you think otherwise you might confuse Aion with another game. Early Aion was not solo friendly at all. Legions played a big role and there were legion politics on who gets a fortress or who passes it, there were even big names that didn't allow their legion mates to do instances with whoever they wanted just so they keep everyone at low. I remember that vibrantly.

~~

What does retail and candies have to do with it? And who spoke of whether classic is better or not than retail?

It seems you came to pick a fight here and you got out of topic.

10 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I am playing since early 2010, I played in EU and immigrated to NA when NCSoft sold the rights to a 3rd party company. Of course it was pay to play.

I have no room to talk? My point to that person was that earlier Aion wasn't as solo friendly as the later patches. And that is true because I was a soloer and I know it very well how hard it was.

If you think otherwise you might confuse Aion with another game. Early Aion was not solo friendly at all. Legions played a big role and there were legion politics on who gets a fortress or who passes it, there were even big names that didn't allow their legion mates to do instances with whoever they wanted just so they keep everyone at low. I remember that vibrantly.

~~

What does retail and candies have to do with it? And who spoke of whether classic is better or not than retail?

It seems you came to pick a fight here and you got out of topic.

Ahh, ok. It seems I misunderstood your point. My apologies. And I agree, Old Aion was not Solo Friendly. The servers were run by the legions basically.

No , it's not that I got killed I have done almost all the instances with groups and as a cleric I'm always needed . I was asking .... you know, sometimes you don't have the time to find a group , you need to get done fast and log out or maybe drops ,even faster EXP. That's why I was wondering.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, Demigo said:

No , it's not that I got killed I have done almost all the instances with groups and as a cleric I'm always needed . I was asking .... you know, sometimes you don't have the time to find a group , you need to get done fast and log out or maybe drops ,even faster EXP. That's why I was wondering.

6 hours ago, Pyromage-DN said:

Next patch, 1.5 we will get Kromedes Trial.

That wasn’t a thing before 2.0 but even the Koreans on their classic complained about the leveling at that range, so they added it.

Yeah at least Kromedes Trial would be a thing.I remember I Lvled my sin from 36 to 42 or so like this so fast...

Archived