Assigning the Aion Pre-Order or Collector's Edition items do not work!

Ronin

Pre-Order and Collector's Edition Items!?

When will you fix the problem of being unable to apply our pre-order items and collector's edition items? This has been a problem for many years now!

We are unable to apply the items as your website instructs...and your support keeps providing the following...but this does not work!!!

Hello,

In order to claim either or both the Preorder and Collector’s Edition in-game items, you will need to first make sure the appropriate codes have been applied to your Aion game account, and then claim the items for your character(s) through our website. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the article below:

Assigning the Aion Pre-Order or Collector's Edition Special In-Game Items to your Characters
https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/articles/200266327-How-do-I-assign-a-special-in-game-item-to-my-character-

After you have claimed the item packs for your character(s) on our website, you may need to wait a while (possibly up to 12 hours) before the items become available in-game. Your item packs will be available when you see a small box icon appear in the bottom-right corner of your screen next to your compass. You can click the box and a Black Cloud Trader will appear to deliver your items. You can click on this NPC to retrieve your items. If you don’t retrieve all of the items before dismissing the Black Cloud Trader, the items will remain in your normal mailbox.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

GM Mimir
NCSOFT Support Team

Also, why does support keep replying with the following when you bring the previous to their attention...which is still not an actual answer or help to the problem because they have stated this for years also...?

Hello,

The Support Team is currently aware of this issue and unfortunately, we are unable to verify the old codes from the Aion Pre-Order or Collector's Edition due to tool limitations. However, rest assured that we are looking into this. Also, we invite you to share your thoughts via the official forums:

Link: http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/

This is the best place to discuss your ideas with fellow players who can voice their feedback and suggestions. These can then be forwarded to the development team from there.

Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance.

NCSOFT Support Team

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I pre-ordered and paid for such...as did many of us! Whereas they promised and provided the items and titles before and quoted for each and every character going forward....thus...they need to fix it and do so again!

Otherwise, they need to develop or provide another form of equal compensation or refund.

So, I ask again...

NCSoft...We still await the answer to when these issues will be fixed!?

Also, sure there are others out there willing to be quitters or give up on issues needing resolution...apparently including yourself Cheesecake-DN...but leave and keep that to yourself.

Otherwise, you become part of the problem...and not part of the solution.

So, I ask again...

NCSoft...We still await the answer to when these issues will be fixed!?

You're not going to get an answer, boi.

And there's a point where being mad about it isn't worth it anymore, especially for paltry pre-order/CE rewards (seriously; they're shitty rewards, even back then). I've been here long enough since the account system changeover that it just isn't worth being mad about three years later. I have other things to be mad at, like people I've watched blatantly bot/hack get temporary bans, if they get banned at all.

It took them almost a year to fix the Prestige buff and the buff still doesn't work with any event buffs. (Though, to be fair, when it was fixed, Prestige Pack holders did get some nice compensations.) I guess it's possible that the Pre-order and Collector's Edition items could be brought back.. even after three years. 

Let's be honest with one another, though. It isn't likely. 

I kinda wish that NCWest would just come out and say that. Make a general announcement saying that those items won't/can't be applied any longer. Perhaps give anyone that pre-ordered or bought the Collector's Edition a little NCoin or luna or something for their troubles. (That might be the issue actually. They may not be able to tell who bought what version of the game? If so.. say so.) Then we can just move on. What bothers me the most about this issue is that they keep saying, "We are aware and working on it" when it really really really doesn't seem that they are.

Even if that were the case...which it isn't...they can always apply items to accounts...it is just a matter of only the few developers that are able to do so...since support do not have the tools do so (know this from experience)...AND...even if they could not verify the codes for who got what...maybe some of us...the smart ones...kept such items/proof...so it would just be a matter of having us provide proof of our codes.

Again...do not be a part of the problem...be a part of the solution...or just do not reply unless you are NCSoft or are trying to help "Fix" the actual issue by submitting answers or support for the resolution.

Thanks!

Oh! Unless someone agrees in lock step with you they are part of the "problem". Gotcha!

Hey. I didn't pre-order and didn't get the Collector's Edition, so I am going to just keep saying that it would be a waste of limited resources to fix -your- problem. Doesn't effect me and I am so totally part of the problem. May as well start acting like it.

Correct. If you are not helping or not providing support or ways of fixing or assistance in getting the issue fixed...you are absolutely part of the problem...especially being a negative impact on getting the issue resolved.

So basically, and in a nutshell...don't reply or respond here if you are not trying to help get the issue fixed...or providing assistance in getting the issue resolved/fixed.

Hope that clears it up for you and others against seeing the outstanding issues resolved.

Archived