Best DPS PVE Chanter

Merinda

Hi all, i'm new to aion and i'm about to cap my chanter  lv but i'm not sure about some set up details and my party role.

First i'm actually focusing on PVE for gear so all quest ion are related to maximize pve dps

What manastone/stats are best for dps pve? Attack/Critck?
About weapon i suppose to look for an attack speed only weapn and no need casting speed.

In defence i'm stacking on parry but i'm not sure if hp mana are most effective in pve or are better for pvp.

What's best role in instance party group? better to focus in balancing buffs/mantra/extra heal for group or buff and dps?   Any group strategy is welcome here of course :)

Then i read something about extendable weapons but i'm not sure if they are userfull for pvp ora also for pve...

Hi ,   First , sry for my english .

Your role as chanter for PVE is to raise your DPS group stats   ( and assit heal of course  - Recovery spell is a must have ) . I think  boosting 6 man Dps in the same time is better than   using   DPS stigma (mountain crash ) to just raise your own dps .   I know , i know ,  Buff stigma are boring ^^ 

Inspiration word  every 15 sec + invincibility mantra  +  other mantra  help u with that.       

+ Inspiration word  ( and protect word ) deal  great enmity   to mobs .     Combined  with Perfect parad when you take the hostility   help u to not stacking parry stone and slightly reduce damage at the right moment  .  you can aslo cast Protection   stigma.     

I love Hp manastone when doing Dark Poeta rank S  crit - 480 ( with calydon food ) 10k+ HP with buff    1k8 accuracy with dp ring-earing-necklace .  You can add crit mantra.

For any physical classes you raise your DPS if you move forward while attacking .

Attack manastone only raise your normal attack hits . You have to weave to raise your DPS ( skill- autoattack- skill -autoattack ....)  

An attack speed weapon is the best choice .   When you have to assist heal ( tahabata ) you can switch on on warhamer-shield  HP manastone and remove your attack speed scoll  for a   casting speed scroll.

When i play  DPS pvp i m using DPS stigma + Protection       crit 650 and magic accuracy.   scroll + mantra + food ( Helloooooo pvp 50 elite gear ).

This is my way to play chanter .  ^^

First of all thank you for so detailed advices.. thank you really.

However i have been surprised to understand that attack mana affects only normal attack hits (you really mean "only autoattack"?) 

Phisical skills like "hallowed strike" or "meteor strike" are not boosted by attack stat?

Then what about extendable weapons? Are only usefull for pvp or also in pve helps? What are nice extendable staffs available in current patch?

On 12/10/2021 at 10:55 AM, Legroslard said:

For any physical classes you raise your DPS if you move forward while attacking .

Just a reminder, all classes gain a damage increase when moving forward. You know you have the passive effect active indicated by the arrows on the screen when in combat mode.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:02 AM, Merinda said:

And about Defence stats: Better to socket Parry or HP?   (I foud that Parry has a double effect for chanter:  Defence + Trigger skills like parry strike or splash swing etc..)

No need to socket any parry, Chanter has parry boost skills already.

PvE chanter would socket crit until about 440 without food or scrolls

HP  try for at least 8k without buffs.

The rest in Attack.

You are limited by you gear, specifically the number of sockets available, eg. with 4 socket fabled gear like the plat coin pieces, you have a total of 28 sockets. If you had the level 40 AP fabled gear you would have 6 sockets per piece with a total of 42 sockets. That's a 50% increase in the number of manastones you can have, so your build can change significantly.

+attack% damage bonuses are calculated from your base weapon damage, enchantment damage, and power shard damages only. (Chanter damage buffs and weapon mastery passives are +attack% buffs)

So try to get a staff with the highest base damage possible

An attack +5 manastone will simply increase your damage of each physical attack (auto attack or attack skill) by 5. (that's before applying crit multiplier). They don't add to your base weapon damage and is applied after the +attack% buffs.

• If you fill up your 42 manastone slots with +5 attack manastones, they give +210 attack total, so your auto attacks and attack skills do +210 damage (before crit).

Skill bonus damage works the same way as +attack manastones. For example

• Mountain Crash I has +1,409 attack
  • +8 Hallowed Strike IV has +221 attack

Auto attacks on staffs have equal chances of +0%, +10%, or +20% damage (after applying opponent's physical defense). Not attack skills.

Forward movement makes you deal +10% damage, calculated before applying your opponent's physical defense (10 points = 1 damage reduction)

Your forward movement bonus is activating by moving forward continuously for 1 seconds and ends 1 seconds after you forward movement is interrupted.

Critical damage modifiers are applied after applying your opponent's physical defense.

Also you can get Blessing of Wind - the magical proc damage is affected by Magic Boost, and staffs have magic boost too

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2021 at 4:00 AM, The Secret Cow Level said:

+attack% damage bonuses are calculated from your base weapon damage, enchantment damage, and power shard damages only. (Chanter damage buffs and weapon mastery passives are +attack% buffs)

So try to get a staff with the highest base damage possible

An attack +5 manastone will simply increase your damage of each physical attack (auto attack or attack skill) by 5. (that's before applying crit multiplier). They don't add to your base weapon damage and is applied after the +attack% buffs.

• If you fill up your 42 manastone slots with +5 attack manastones, they give +210 attack total, so your auto attacks and attack skills do +210 damage (before crit).

Skill bonus damage works the same way as +attack manastones. For example

• Mountain Crash I has +1,409 attack
  • +8 Hallowed Strike IV has +221 attack

Auto attacks on staffs have equal chances of +0%, +10%, or +20% damage (after applying opponent's physical defense). Not attack skills.

Forward movement makes you deal +10% damage, calculated before applying your opponent's physical defense (10 points = 1 damage reduction)

Your forward movement bonus is activating by moving forward continuously for 1 seconds and ends 1 seconds after you forward movement is interrupted.

Critical damage modifiers are applied after applying your opponent's physical defense.

Also you can get Blessing of Wind - the magical proc damage is affected by Magic Boost, and staffs have magic boost too

I read only today this reply. Ty, is very clear.

Archived