Spies queuing Opponent faction Dredge (Stayis afk / ruin dred)

Lately we are loosing many dred becouse of people that stay afk during dred.

The main odd thing is many of them, when asked why not playng, admit sincerely they are playing in the opponents team.

I'm playing asmo side and i don't know if this is happening also in ely side. Anybody got such experience about this?

This is a typical Aion problem. It will only get worse as there are more and more XP events and people level up accounts on the other faction. NCwest can not do anything about it because as far as i understand there is no rule saying you have to participate in dredge.

The good thing is if you find a 5 man pre-made or even 4 man pre-made you can often beat these teams of 6 who are doing this method because they are not the best at PvP.

Edited by Squid

10 hours ago, Gattarossa said:

The main odd thing is many of them, when asked why not playng, admit sincerely they are playing in the opponents team.

I'm playing asmo side and i don't know if this is happening also in ely side. Anybody got such experience about this?

A quick queue group entry should never be expected to particpate.  If you wish for full participation I suggest putting together your own premade.  There is no sugar coating this and I am not trying to be unreasonable or mean with the the reply.  Both sides want to win and both sides are getting tired of running into the same overgeared sweaty groups when they queue up during B. Dredge.

15 hours ago, Gattarossa said:

If you form a group instead of QE you shouldn't have that problem.

1 hour ago, Cyfur said:

If you form a group instead of QE you shouldn't have that problem.

Doing that we gonna play against super geared people, or super geared premades.

Even so, those people have their alts playing as Elyos, feeding their Asmos in order to get more AP.

Most people already know the Legions and people who often do that.

The worse part is the simple fact NCSoft doesn't care or even bother.

I nerver had issues with the support team, respect and appreciate their help,

but it seems there're sectors of NC West that doesn't care about the game.

If you see all the AP traders, cheaters and abusers, and nobody does anything.

People holding and swapping fortress between factions, trading AP in sieges etc.

Queueing alts in order to feed their main toon, as previously expressed.

Nobody care, and I don't know how super geared people don't get bored.

In the end, there's no skill, just credit card battle, where you can't even compete.

They say to share suggestion, but they won't take any, since they would have to change the entire game.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:22 AM, Gattarossa said:

A conspiracy theory is a theory.  He/she said they admit it...

13 hours ago, Merinda said:

A conspiracy theory is a theory.  He/she said they admit it...

Conspiracy theory absolutely.

I just finished a QE dredge where 3 people were afk, they arrived minutes apart, and you are trying to convince me they were all spies.

Cyfur please we cannot cover each bad behaviour with "conspiracy" theory and let me say u seem the only player who seems not conscious of such behaviours.

Many player are talking about this in lfg.

I'm not assuming all afk in dred are spies. I told that many people uses to have such behaviour to win dred. 

However when u have a spy in team u can recognize it by opposite team behaviours: they ever know in wich rooms the other faction is. 

I think Dred is one of the best part of aion.

I don't mind if i win or loose but playing with such shit in team is very boring. 

6 hours ago, Gattarossa said:

Cyfur please we cannot cover each bad behaviour with "conspiracy" theory and let me say u seem the only player who seems not conscious of such behaviours.

Many player are talking about this in lfg.

I'm not assuming all afk in dred are spies. I told that many people uses to have such behaviour to win dred. 

However when u have a spy in team u can recognize it by opposite team behaviours: they ever know in wich rooms the other faction is. 

I think Dred is one of the best part of aion.

I don't mind if i win or loose but playing with such shit in team is very boring. 

For some, it might be hard not to understand, but to accept others might recognize what's obvious. Due to this fact, let's explain how Aion always worked, and how people always took advantage of the system, at least, since it became free to play. I say after free to play, because before you actually had to pay subscription, thus the whole idea of factions and so on were actually something interesting to play with, since hardly ever someone would bother to have two or more accounts in order to play, and not only that, but in Korea, if I'm not mistaken, some games are attached to you ID. Important to mention the game was developed in another age, more than ten years ago, and developers also forgot that people could communicate out of it. So after all this introduction, let's explain how the game was idealized.

The main idea NCSoft, as a company had, was to use subscription method as their main income. This we can easily understand since World of Warcraft was very popular and this kind of method was profitable. Thus, Aion was created entirely based on time-consuming activities that would make you waste your subscription time. That's why we could see so many quests that would ask you to take an item from a corner of the map and deliver it to the other corner of the other half of the world. Not only that, but in your journey, you would also encounter some challenges, like crossing a PvP area, while delivering this same quest. Not mentioning leveling was so boring, they had to change in in Classic, now after more than ten years.

I won't lie to you, this is absolutely boring, but the time-consuming activities also make us create bounds to the game, since we stay so many hours or days in the same area, that we start to associate our mental states to such areas, thus developing out memories and associating those memories to our past, thus triggering the nostalgia Classic had upon us, calling back so many player. People don't understand that, but that's pretty much the reason everybody back to the game, and no new players, of this generation, dive too deep in Aion anymore. So we're all veteran players not only in Aion, but we also played other games and expanded our understanding about how things work in the world.

After you leveled up, then you need more time consuming activities, and those activities were both related to PvE and PvP. PvE wise, you would need to run dungeons, but those dungeons would work only in group, not only that, but the loot would be based on a competitive method that even while in group, you would still compete among your friends. That might be cultural I don't know, but it's a toxic mentality that encourages a toxic behavior, so people would always fight over something, like animals would for territory, thus decreasing the changes of earning something, and also, increasing the time you spent in the game.

Then, the predatory system started to show its claws, but there're people smart than that, that look for ways to achieve their goals. Those people created Legions or played with their family or close friends, where they would feet a character with items, so this character would help another character and so on. This is known as "static group", a group that won't change its composition, thus would be easier to achieve things. Not only that, but some players who played in the Korean version came to US, or US/EU players who played in Korea brought with them knowledge of the game, thus developing the firs legions.

Those first legions knew each corner of the map, also each boss on map and its drops, not only that, but the drop rate, the frequency of the rate and so on. Then, they started to monopolize those bosses and items, getting super strong, also super rich, selling the loot at the broker and so on. They also understood how sieges worked, and how to bring the "static mentality" upon those sieges, forming groups that would conquer ta fortress at ease, thus earning lots of Kinah and medals, since the leaders of a guild would receive, as a reward from the game, tons of Kinah and Medals.

Then, now they monopolize not only PvE items, but also Qina and Medals, sharing those among their close friends. Then, they could easily gear up in a matters of two or three months, monopolizing everything in the game. And what they would do with those spoils? Sell of course, in order to make more and more money, not only that, but some clever people knew they could make profit out of the game in the real world, then a black market of Kinah and so on appeared. That's really something easy to understand, and something we see in real life, where people take advantage of others, or advantage of those who are willing to spend real money.

So as you can see, NCSoft, encouraging such competitive environment just paved a road of headaches, because now they would need to deal with the Kinah sellers, account sellers and so on. Not only that, but people wanted to play Aion, thus creating private servers. Then, we had the free to play method in order to minimize all those issues, which actually didn't work, and was the game's doom. Not a doom necessarily speaking, but since the whole idea was based on subscription methods, having a free to play game, where you could create multiple accounts, just opened a huge breach for exploits.

People then, including myself, created another account, a free account, and started playing in both factions. I did that for a simple reason; i couldn't have my kills in abyss, due the hyper geared people, so I had to kill my own Asmodian in order to get 5 Silver Medals and about 1k AP. Misery in comparison to what Legions make each siege, but I was interested in Radiant Ops Wings, and was an useful way to help me out, since I always played alone. But if I did that, you can imagine what other players would do in order to take huge advantages, not only that but also legions and so on.

Then, even before people were able to trade fortress among factions, now they don't even need to bother anymore, they would just create characters in the opposite faction and trade fortress among themselves, increasing their income and profit. So we could see people holding abyss ranks eternally, trading AP, Fortress and getting fed in Dredgion, AP instances and so on. At this point, the game became a cloud fiesta, where anything matters nothing anymore, since everything is based on cheating and exploiting.

Nowadays, what we see in Tiak and Dredtion is just a fraction of what it was. No wonder why they developed this Siel's Aura stuff, and back tot he subscription mode. As we can see, it dealt with the large numbers of Kinah sellers and people who want to take huge advantage of the game, but still, we are people, veteran players, and we know how to exploit things, humans are good in doing that. Nobody would openly talk about it, they want their status, they want to feel their endeavors means something, or worse, they want to sell this idea to people, pretty much like NCSoft sells a game where we can have fun, and waste our money while doing that.

So nowadays, we have old players playing like before, trading stuff among their friends, holding ranks in an unfair method, thinking this means something, or that they're good players, or have some advantage in the game. The ones who actually take advantage are those who turn in-game stuff into real money. I personally never cared about that, but there're lots of people in underdevelopment countries that can make a living out of that, not in Aion anymore thought. This is a huge social issue that transcends the in-game environment.

So yes, there're people playing in both factions, there're players feeding their alternative toons, in the other factions. There're players helping each other out in the arena in order to get their daily kills for quest and so on. This turned out the game is so broken, that doesn't matter anymore. I personally play because I like the story, the character creation, the world design and the idea of building your character based on your own efforts. That's why I came back to Aion, but I understand it's a grindy game that wants to suck the last penny of you, based on time consuming activities, because the company didn't use the money properly before, in order to create another Aion game, so they're trying to do that now, taking our money the fastest way possible, but missing the fact huge amounts of real money were stolen from NCSoft due their own greed.

If you want to change that, it's very, very simple. Remove medals from fortress siege, or limit the amount of medals and AP you earn, thus sell those in the Season Pass. Or if you don't want to completely destroy the game, at least double the points of those who lose something, and also give them medals to allow them to compete against geared people. Aion isn't a matter of skill, but a matter of wasting money and how much geared you are, since you will never kill a full 50e +15 without PvP gear, even if the guy is AFK (exaggeration here).

Anyways, welcome to Aion, and I just hope someone notices how NCSoft does their job poorly. As I always say, the staff are people just like us, they have their demands and are doing their best. If the company wants to improve their games, they must pay for it, for competent people in order to improve their games, since nobody would waste the time I'm wasting sharing all those details that a huge multinational company should have known already. In the end, don't take the game, the companies or even people too serious, just play your game and have fun, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

going in with a pre made or going in QE has no bearing at all on what group you will get on the other side.  I have gone in QE and gotten the most geared OP opponents and have gone in pre made and gotten an undergeared QE group on the other side.  As others have said, if you don't want AFK on your team, then form a group.  Just make it a casual/quest group and you should have no problem at all filling it.