Weekly Server Maintenance - June 8, 2022 [Classic]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Four new Musical Emotion Cards will be permanently coming to the Quna Shop:
    • Play the Harp, Play the Drums, Play the Saxophone, Sing
    • Each one can be purchased separately for 840 Quna.

An Update From the Team Regarding Work-In-Progress Items:

Hello Classic Fans,

As many of you already know, we’re tracking several bugs and quality of life issues across the board for Aion: Classic—all thanks to all your elaborate reports and feedback. A few of these, we were aiming to have fixed as of the patch tomorrow, June 8.

Unfortunately, that tentative date is going to be postponed. In an effort to make sure a quality patch is delivered, we need a little bit more time to check and process these items appropriately.

Our new tentative date will be next week’s maintenance, June 15, for the following items:

• IN PROGRESS:  Incorrect insignia’s being rewarded from Crucible.
  • IN PROGRESS:  Incorrectly swapped fortress siege times.

We greatly apologize for this inconvenience and thank you greatly for your understanding and patience! If there are other updates or delays, we will inform you here on the forums appropriately.

Thank you!

Honestly, are you guys out of your nyerk mind? Pushing an update which is clearly what will make everyone look for another game to play?

On top of that you guys release random MUSIC EMOTES TO SPEND MONEY???? this is crazy.

"we need a little bit more time to check and process these items appropriately." 

enough time till not a single soul is playing the game... sounds about right. great decision!

IN PROGRESS:  Incorrect insignia’s being rewarded from Crucible.

IN PROGRESS:  Incorrectly swapped fortress siege times.

those should be already fixed ages ago. do you guys need someone expert in coding? I can do it for you guys for free in no time.  that's a joke

• Aion Team

In reference to the drop rates, we posted this in the major thread surrounding 2.0 drop rates, but just to put emphasis on it again: The updates above are just a small amount of the many, many, other items still in progress across the board for bugs and quality of life changes—drop rates included.

On 5/31/2022 at 1:56 PM, Rin said:

Hello friends, I'm back with another update from one of our Producers, SangMin:

"Hello everyone. We wanted to take a moment and thank you for raising your concerns on this topic. We also wish to inform you that we are looking deeply into this situation, and working on communications with the development team as soon as possible. Due to the nature of this topic, we wish to approaching this situation very carefully and thoughtfully, which could take additional time. We greatly appreciate your patience in the mean time as we work diligently to figure out what solutions might be available to us. Thank you."

We do not have a current ETA on this, nor an exact answer, but we are aware and working on it. I know this is not quite the answer you seek, but please know we are looking into it and working towards a hopeful solution.

Thank you for your patience. 

@RinIt really isnt suprising people being upset and frustrated.This is afterall a 14 year old game fixes and Qol changes should be rolled out much much faster.Customers are forgiving when somethings new,this sort of action has been happening across ncwest games for years so people are going to be a little bit angry with those in charge we are literally paying for a game that takes forever to get anything fixed.

Also while we are at it still no word on Awakening pass for all players.I would suggest if it is your bosses in korea holding things up they actually read the forums here because this game is dead.

And adding overpriced cashshop items is not the way too win over the community,

4 hours ago, Rin said:

In reference to the drop rates, we posted this in the major thread surrounding 2.0 drop rates, but just to put emphasis on it again: The updates above are just a small amount of the many, many, other items still in progress across the board for bugs and quality of life changes—drop rates included.

We do not have a current ETA on this, nor an exact answer, but we are aware and working on it. I know this is not quite the answer you seek, but please know we are looking into it and working towards a hopeful solution.

Thank you for your patience. 

It's really disappointing that the changes cannot be reverted to just fix the world drop rates. Funny thing is on most private servers they boost open world drop rates to entice players and with items circulating it actually counters botting because there's a real economy. 

3 minutes ago, Justwow said:

Funny thing is on most private servers they boost open world drop rates to entice players and with items circulating it actually counters botting because there's a real economy. 

This. Even just simply boosting it in high traffic areas/PvP hot spots does wonders for player interactivity. 

1hr queue on my cleric for Tiak.. it's ok though guys, we got new emotes coming for just under 20 bucks a pop.

35 minutes ago, Pyromage said:

This. Even just simply boosting it in high traffic areas/PvP hot spots does wonders for player interactivity. 

1hr queue on my cleric for Tiak.. it's ok though guys, we got new emotes coming for just under 20 bucks a pop.

It's not UNDER 20 it's actually 21 freaking dollars for EACH of those BEYOND-CRAPPY emotes. OMFG! And people bash at me when I say that NC "producers (roflmao, right?!)" are delusional. You thought Gideon was bad? Oh boy! Anything in the cash shop being sold for more than 5 dollars is a rippof.

This is so sadge...

2 minutes ago, Load said:

It's not UNDER 20 it's actually 21 freaking dollars for EACH of those BEYOND-CRAPPY emotes. OMFG! And people bash at me when I say that NC "producers (roflmao, right?!)" are delusional. You thought Gideon was bad? Oh boy! Anything in the cash shop being sold for more than 5 dollars is a rippof.

This is so sadge...

bloody hell! I was guestimating with my aussie money to USD... 21 DOLLARS! how do they justify it?

Rofl another bunch of non witty negative comments.  Glad they are looking into the drop though it is a bit rough. On a positive note the server load went up a bit this weekend. Hopefully they come up with some changes that will grow the population some more.  Can't wait to see what they come up with.

is there any chances to update wether or something to decrease this constant laggs like its a joke when u even cant do quest cuz 2 mobs aggro on you ,and you simply die cuz off lag ,with 8 Fps and game ping 60-100ms max RLY?

13 hours ago, Snaps said:

Is there any chance we will get an update tomorrow, or sometime soon,  on whether or not there will be changes to world drop rates for our region?

I just want to add this is the same company who broke sieges for nearly 2 months because the fort values were so over inflated it was not possible to take anything. They will take as long as they need because they know there is no sense of urgency. This current iteration of aion is highly monetized, and not rewarding and they know they can get away with it because their player base still play despite those things. 

1 hour ago, Shir said:

Rofl another bunch of non witty negative comments.  Glad they are looking into the drop though it is a bit rough. On a positive note the server load went up a bit this weekend. Hopefully they come up with some changes that will grow the population some more.  Can't wait to see what they come up with.

I'm glad you live in wonderland, but that is not the case for the rest of us. If you can't understand why we complain so much then it's not my job to explain it to you.

I will, though, point out that we warned them about drop rates much before 2.0 as we saw the changes in KR and with the changes they had implemented before removing golds and gostones from world drops. Guess what? Bots in KR do instances for those items. It changes nothing for the bots but it alters gameplay for the legit players, making it harder.

Keep white knighting, though , you are doing a awesome job at that.

17 minutes ago, Jumanji said:

is there any chances to update wether or something to decrease this constant laggs like its a joke when u even cant do quest cuz 2 mobs aggro on you ,and you simply die cuz off lag ,with 8 Fps and game ping 60-100ms max RLY?

Do you have a NVidia card? If so, it might be your drivers version. Try downloading an older version. It's not the drivers fault as per say, but NCsoft that refuses to sen a fix to NVidia. Now if that is not the case then disconsider what I said. I have zero problems running the game on both of my PCs, one of which has a AMD card and the other has a NVidia card.

16 minutes ago, Ukanomitama-KT said:

I just want to add this is the same company who broke sieges for nearly 2 months because the fort values were so over inflated it was not possible to take anything. They will take as long as they need because they know there is no sense of urgency. This current iteration of aion is highly monetized, and not rewarding and they know they can get away with it because their player base still play despite those things. 

Siege changes were made for KR, for their population, and it worked over there because they had so many players that the sieges lasted seconds. They should have, however, not simply deployed the changes everywhere because other regions have different populations. We also warned them about that beforehand iirc. And yes, if they aever change anything related to drops it will be: #1 not enough, and #2 way too late.

• Aion Team
15 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

@RinIt really isnt suprising people being upset and frustrated.

By all means, I just want to solidify again that I completely understand and will continue to encourage voicing your upset and frustrations—I truly mean this. The best I can do—and my intention of quoting what is in-works with drop rates—is keep each of you informed as soon as I can to the best of my abilities, and keep forcefully reporting your voices to the team and further upwards in hopes of reaching NCSoft. I know it's not always great news to be reporting—nor do these changes come as fast as everyone would want—but I do want folks to know that we are fighting very hard to get change to happen, and will do our best to inform you all as soon as we have an update on every front with what we can or cannot do.

Again, thank you again very much for your patience as we work diligently to address these situations, and for your kindness in addressing you upsets. 

3 hours ago, Rin said:

By all means, I just want to solidify again that I completely understand and will continue to encourage voicing your upset and frustrations—I truly mean this. The best I can do—and my intention of quoting what is in-works with drop rates—is keep each of you informed as soon as I can to the best of my abilities, and keep forcefully reporting your voices to the team and further upwards in hopes of reaching NCSoft. I know it's not always great news to be reporting—nor do these changes come as fast as everyone would want—but I do want folks to know that we are fighting very hard to get change to happen, and will do our best to inform you all as soon as we have an update on every front with what we can or cannot do.

Again, thank you again very much for your patience as we work diligently to address these situations, and for your kindness in addressing you upsets. 

Please @Rin make sure that they understand that those prices are UNACCEPTABLE. Holy moly $21 for a EMOTE? F! $10 for a wardrobe slot? What in the... I know that you don't HAVE TO BUY any of it but godamn! That's more than the Aura!

Still have not seen the rewards from the last 90 day Siels Aura. I have contacted support 4 times within a 2.5 month period and keep getting the run around. This response was from 6 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Aion Support Team.

Unfortunately, we no longer manually provide the bonus items from the 90-Days Siel's Aura purchase.

Rest assured that all players who have been affected during this period (March 2 and beyond) will still be appropriately compensated and receive the newer set of items, which will be announced at a later time.

For more information regarding this, please refer to this link: https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/10490-90-day-siel%E2%80%99s-aura-bonus-items-in-progress/

Thank you for understanding, and if there are other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Hopefully things will improve for drops soon.

I love playing Aion Classic but for now time to take a bit of vacation before the frustration level  gets to high.

I'll try to keep faith that NC soft will fix things  :)  

On 6/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, Loadrng said:

Please @Rin make sure that they understand that those prices are UNACCEPTABLE. Holy moly $21 for a EMOTE? F! $10 for a wardrobe slot? What in the... I know that you don't HAVE TO BUY any of it but godamn! That's more than the Aura!

with all respect, this is not the problem. We have more serious issues going on right now and this concern is just irrelevant

1 hour ago, Togs said:

with all respect, this is not the problem. We have more serious issues going on right now and this concern is just irrelevant

I'm sorry but did I say that this is the most urgent issue that we have? I don't think so. It is, however, absurd. I would never put it as #1 issue, but it is a issue nonetheless.

wtf!

Edited by Loadrng
my keyboard "d" is messed up lol

11 minutes ago, Loadrng said:

I'm sorry but did I say that this is the most urgent issue that we have? I don't think so. It is, however, absurd. I would never put it as #1 issue, but it is a issue nonetheless.

wtf!

Yeah because we all know the #1 issue is open world loot drops right now. Maybe they will start fixing it before they pull another 1.2 and lose a bunch of players over something trivial. There are legit new and returning players to Classic NA right now, we need world drops re instantiated to ensure the livelihood of this game at this point. 

Then there are minor underlying issue like the crucible insignias and fort reset scrolls.