lack of manastones in economy

5s125946-DN

It's not the lack, it's the game bug which destroys all existing manastones on the piece of gear if socketing a manastone fails.

They fixed that bug in later versions of Aion, but missed it in Classic.

4 hours ago, Cyfur said:

It's not the lack, it's the game bug which destroys all existing manastones on the piece of gear if socketing a manastone fails.

They fixed that bug in later versions of Aion, but missed it in Classic.

This is not a bug. This is the "manastone socketing  behaviour" as was intended to be at early version.

And is the same now because is aion classic. Nc changed this in retail at certain version (idk 4/5?)

However i think aion population have to make a choice: cry for bot presence or lack of items in economy/higher prices.

Edited by 5s237C24

5 hours ago, 5s237C24 said:

This is not a bug. This is the "manastone socketing  behaviour" as was intended to be at early version.

And is the same now because is aion classic. Nc changed this in retail at certain version (idk 4/5?)

However i think aion population have to make a choice: cry for bot presence or lack of items in economy/higher prices.

It's waste of time to quote Cyfur tbh.

As to the bots, this is my view: good drops = no need of bots; bad drops = need of bots.

What did NC do? Made drops nonexistent thus creating a demand for bots OR cash shop additions.

We are seeing that happening right now with kinah and stigmas being sold in the shop (kinah was always there but it's on another level now).

I actually blame the players for that. Most say "it's only 5, I don't mind" but it never stops on $5.

Edited by Load

8 hours ago, 5s237C24 said:

Bugs are a feature until they are fixed.

Bug is a value judgement, if the community says it's a bug it eventually gets fixed. It's just NCsoft takes a long time to listen to the community.

eg. If you look at the Mithril coin reward weapons, all of them have 335HP except the Chanters staff which only has 134HP

To me, that's clearly a data entry bug, I am a programmer, but  others might call it a feature.

Edited by Cyfur

The drop rate is so shit. Just about every active player on the server kills 80 mobs a day for medal dailies. I go farm mobs before dredge, tiak, fort siege ,etc. for dp. Seeing a manastone in my inventory is rare AF. I about fell over when I was forced to kill an SC entrance mob and got a blue design. 

3 hours ago, Crush said:

The drop rate is so shit. Just about every active player on the server kills 80 mobs a day for medal dailies. I go farm mobs before dredge, tiak, fort siege ,etc. for dp. Seeing a manastone in my inventory is rare AF. I about fell over when I was forced to kill an SC entrance mob and got a blue design. 

I do the Mith coin daily and I can't remember the last time I picked up a Manastone from that. From time to time I find one in my inventory. Mostly in instances.

There are dozens of bots grinding Inggison 24/7 so I presume that's were the stones on the broker are coming from. There are always some on the broker of what I am looking for.

Edited by Cyfur

7 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

I do the Mith coin daily and I can't remember the last time I picked up a Manastone from that. From time to time I find one in my inventory. Mostly in instances.

There are dozens of bots grinding Inggison 24/7 so I presume that's were the stones on the broker are coming from. There are always some on the broker of what I am looking for.

Well, MR 14's are like 1.5-2m I think. There was a streak of about 6 days were there weren't any on the broker.

Please, the manastone issue is getting really bad. If NC west can't fix the drop rate issue without help from Korea at least add them back to the pass. The supplements are worthless without any stones to actually use them with. I'd much rather have manastones than the supplements and I'd think its safe to say the rest of the community would as well.

All MMOs have money sinks so they can tune inflation.  The product is not faulty, it's literally by design so the economy doesn't spiral out of control.

One can "disagree" with the design, or not like the design, it's in no way shape or form a "bug".  (which is when code doesn't behave the way we intended)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink

Anyway an easy way to remedy high inflation is to increase the supply (improve drop rates).  If the market is flooded with manastones, then you won't care if it takes 100 to socket your piece because they'll be fairly low priced.

If you want to remove a money sink out the game, know that what they'll do is just add another that might be even more egregious.  And I remember Plumes, bracelets, accessory enchanting, wing enchanting, stigma combining and other nightmares that came later in game... that were all far worse than manastone sinks.

TL:DR yes please increase drop rates

Edited by Avator-KT