Service Error?

Shaidessa-KT

I get that message every time I try to log in, the only thing to do is click on the missing button next to FAQ and try again….at least 5 times until the game launches.

I also get that “-1” error when logging in and it's the same thing…I'll have to put my password at least 5 times……and I’ll also have to put a different verification code every time.

It started around a week ago if I remember correctly.

It is a new NCLauncher 2 feature, they keep trying to implement more things on the already faulty launcher and break it even more.

As the other person said, hit escape button to close that red text window and hit "start game" button again, it might take a few tries but it will eventually log.

There is another message that can appear in the username and password window prior to what you show in the image. You need to do the same thing, keep trying until it eventually logs.
~

We need to get rid of launchers, they do not offer anything good or convenient, only extra steps with extra error waiting to happen! We should also adopt what EU has for their client, if the client gets disconnect, you do not need to close the client, there is a button that says "reconnect" and it tries reconnects right on spot so you do not need to relaunch a new client from scratch. It is as if NA tries their best to bring the worst case user experience possible.

Edited by Arhangelos

6 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

We should also adopt what EU has for their client, if the client gets disconnect, you do not need to close the client, there is a button that says "reconnect" and it tries reconnects right on spot so you do not need to relaunch a new client from scratch. It is as if NA tries their best to bring the worst case user experience possible.

I played for a day in EU before the 6.2 upgrade, so I could see what the new economy was like, and get a headstart, and the login thing was shocking.  I assumed our "disconnected, client shut all the way down" thing was universal.  It was so much easier to hop back into the game in EU, which made returning to NA's setup even more frustrating, knowing it doesn't need to be this way.

- -

The Service Error issue is now happening for me.  I got d/c'd and then got the Service Error box, and am unable to get past it.  I get two separate error codes (I guess?), "-1" and "3325"

Edited by Shoenfein-DN

12 hours ago, Nadiezhda-KT said:

I also get that “-1” error when logging in and it's the same thing…I'll have to put my password at least 5 times……and I’ll also have to put a different verification code every time.

I started getting that one as well. I seems to happen when I select the account at the top of the list. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whenever NC makes "improvements" it just means they added 50 new bugs with their new unnecessary, unwanted "features".

8 hours ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

I played for a day in EU before the 6.2 upgrade, so I could see what the new economy was like, and get a headstart, and the login thing was shocking.  I assumed our "disconnected, client shut all the way down" thing was universal.  It was so much easier to hop back into the game in EU, which made returning to NA's setup even more frustrating, knowing it doesn't need to be this way.

- -

The Service Error issue is now happening for me.  I got d/c'd and then got the Service Error box, and am unable to get past it.  I get two separate error codes (I guess?), "-1" and "3325"

When it comes to user experience, this is the best thing to have. Imagine being inside an instance (PVP or not) and you get a disconnect and now you have to go all the way back to the launcher, hit the start button, wait until the client loads, get into the character screen, put your pin and hope you are back on time.

Edited by Arhangelos

Just got this over and over again too.  I'm trying to change my password and refresh my authorized locations to see if that helps.  If not, I'm at a loss.

Edit: It worked.  I was able to get back into the game.  Let me know if it works for you guys.

Edited by Hyperspace-KT

7 hours ago, Hyperspace-KT said:

Just got this over and over again too.  I'm trying to change my password and refresh my authorized locations to see if that helps.  If not, I'm at a loss.

Edit: It worked.  I was able to get back into the game.  Let me know if it works for you guys.

You might have been lucky, this thing sometimes doesn't show up and other times it persists, if you keep trying to login with the problem eventually it logs you.