Weekly Server Maintenance - October 19, 2022 [Aion]

EMpulse

• Aion Team

It's that time of week again, Daevas!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 5-6  hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• 8.4 Update has arrived: Patch notes
  • Daeva Pass Season 1 Begins
  • Jumping Daeva Event Begins
  • Pumpkin King Haunt Event Begins
  • Harvest Revel Store Update. The following items are coming to the BCM:
    • Harvest Revel Legendary Transformation Bundle (3200 BCC)
    • Harvest Revel Transformation Mega Bundle (2400 BCC)
    • Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types) (1200 BCC)
    • Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box Key (0 BCC)
  • Hanbok Pixel Promotion Ends
  • Moonlight Event Ends
  • 13th Anniversary Event Items will be deleted
    • [13th Anniversary] Daeva's Day Anniversary Coin
    • [Daevanion Coupon] Gift for the 13th Daeva's Day Anniversary

Thank you!

Day of 8.4 update and we still are clueless about what's new,  what's changed, what's being removed?  I mean typical but come on your giving your players less than 10hrs to get everything prepped for something they still don't know what's changing.   Logic?   We need a better notice of content changes so we can know if items need to be used or items being removed from venders such has  ABS 20% recovery potions?   Continuous fails to support your player base when the requests are so simple and easy to reply too...not to mention water is supposed to be resetting 05/03/2023  and all the sudden is resetting now?  not to mention you literally just SOLD on BCM waters.....that are completely useless? a sale that ends 10/19/2022 ?  lol why even sale it to us knowing it was just gonna be reset?  Could go on for hours of the mistreatment of your player base but it's clear there's a HUGE disconnect between NCWEST and its player base

6 minutes ago, TrinityStarr-KT said:

Day of 8.4 update and we still are clueless about what's new,  what's changed, what's being removed?  I mean typical but come on your giving your players less than 10hrs to get everything prepped for something they still don't know what's changing.   Logic?   We need a better notice of content changes so we can know if items need to be used or items being removed from venders such has  ABS 20% recovery potions?   Continuous fails to support your player base when the requests are so simple and easy to reply too...not to mention water is supposed to be resetting 05/03/2023  and all the sudden is resetting now?  not to mention you literally just SOLD on BCM waters.....that are completely useless? a sale that ends 10/19/2022 ?  lol why even sale it to us knowing it was just gonna be reset?  Could go on for hours of the mistreatment of your player base but it's clear there's a HUGE disconnect between NCWEST and its player base

Also they haven't spoken about another event that was supposed to end today.. items deleted etc, there will be many tears tomorrow.

Also my Final Fantasy for Aion after 14 years (beta) is for ncsoft to sell it to someone who can actually make it a desirable game to play.. *chefs kiss*

The game has been a clear cash grab with no real administration behind it for YEARS.

Hats off to all the artists, programmers etc that put their heart and soul into this game.

2 hours ago, EMpulse said:

It's that time of week again, Daevas!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 5-6  hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• 8.4 Update has arrived: Patch notes will be available soon!
  • Daeva Pass Season 1 Begins
  • Jumping Daeva Event Begins
  • Pumpkin King Haunt Event Begins
  • Harvest Revel Store Update. The following items are coming to the BCM:
    • Harvest Revel Legendary Transformation Bundle (3200 BCC)
    • Harvest Revel Transformation Mega Bundle (2400 BCC)
    • Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types) (1200 BCC)
    • Harvest Revel Transformation Contract Selection Box Key (0 BCC)
  • Hanbok Pixel Promotion Ends
  • Moonlight Event Ends
  • 13th Anniversary Event Items will be deleted
    • [13th Anniversary] Daeva's Day Anniversary Coin
    • [Daevanion Coupon] Gift for the 13th Daeva's Day Anniversary

Thank you!

What about the Hungry Hatchling event????? https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/the-hungry-hatchling-minion-awakening

Why is there no mention about this?

Hungry Hatchling 
Event Dates: August 24 – October 19 

**Please note the following: 

Event items will be deleted during the regular maintenance on Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
[Event] Stormwing Lv1~LV8 Summon Orb 
[Event] Stormwing Lv1~LV8 
[Event] Storm Token 
[Event] Zudra's Gift Box 
[Event] Zudra's Impressive Gift Box 
[Event] Zudra's Prime Gift Box 

If the information on the event page is correct then you have one more week to open/unbundle your Gift Boxes before they are deleted.

I would open them anyway just to be safe... because NC.

26 minutes ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Hungry Hatchling 

Event items will be deleted during the regular maintenance on Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
[Event] Storm Token 
[Event] Zudra's Gift Box 

If the information on the event page is correct then you have one more week to open/unbundle your Gift Boxes before they are deleted.

Right, but they should have posted the event is ending as part of their maintenance notes. The other events ending was mentioned. Am I wrong?

2 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Hungry Hatchling 

[Event] Storm Token 
[Event] Zudra's Gift Box 

So they gave 1 more week?

have you guys tried looking into patch notes from korea or EU server's? ive been able to get alot of information on what the patch is going to be like from this information on youtube and such....

Saw you all talking about it figured i would try to help!

I can tell you for starter's that we should...(not for sure for our server) but we should be able to defend divine fortress now 3 times in succession...

We also will be losing lugbug quests completely and they will be replaced with the deava pass like in classic aion...

You will be able to farm the premium pass via luna...

there will be a couple new AF designs and Morph designs to craft things we need i forget the specific item....

I've been looking for about a month now since the post about it on the main webpage...

it's also possible we may get new gear as well....idk the specifics on if its anything usefull but there was a set listed in some videos....

real patch notes from our NA would be great though...

3 hours ago, Arkaida-KT said:

have you guys tried looking into patch notes from korea or EU server's? ive been able to get alot of information on what the patch is going to be like from this information on youtube and such....

I can tell you for starter's that we should...(not for sure for our server) but we should be able to defend divine fortress now 3 times in succession...

We also will be losing lugbug quests completely and they will be replaced with the deava pass like in classic aion...

there will be a couple new AF designs and Morph designs to craft things we need i forget the specific item....

While it is helpful to poke around into other versions and see what could be coming, it does not guarantee that we will get the exact same thing. Sometimes they will tell us that our patch includes extra patches in our update up until a certain date that Korea had. Sometimes they will change things, exclude things, etc. You never know what to expect with this company, other than they like to make you wait forever and they want your money for everything.

10:30 AM EST Oct 19/22 - Still no patch notes up. Good thing I got some sleep. 

1 hour ago, Arkaida-KT said:

here is patch notes from gameforge not sure what server it is i would like to see our NA patch notes soon i plan to make some youtube videos and maybe a stream...

Here gameforge patch notes not sure what server...

Gameforge is the publisher of EU version.

1 hour ago, Arkaida-KT said:

jesus server down time is 6 hours...

Only 6 hours? It'll probably be more like 10-12 hrs.

3 hours ago, Arkaida-KT said:

I get that we can go do research,,, the facts are that they haven't posted patch notes within a reasonable time frame of the patch/during the patch so the player base can prep which is what happens in all other MMOs. Not knocking you on providing us the thoughts to go research but we shouldn't have to. I have been playing Aion since inception and I haven't ever really posted on the forums. Good information but shame on NC for not posting prior or during maintenance. Now we wait.

So ill ask again, how do we get luna now? Also the premium pass holy waters are account tradable, so people that can buy 20000-30000 luna and unlock on all alts can basically max the relic instantly, which im guessing was the whole point of the change, to just make people buy luna?

Edited by Fenn

You get luna through Taki's mission's.....

Hey EMPulse....uh for some reason the refining stone box is missing from the impressive zudras purple event box....i was recently choosing this item from the box all last week and now its no longer in the list.......

There's a Video i posted on youtube about the new patch release stuff and you can see in the video its not an option......

https://youtu.be/OboFNGroabY

4 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

You get luna through Taki's mission's.....

Hey EMPulse....uh for some reason the refining stone box is missing from the impressive zudras purple event box....i was recently choosing this item from the box all last week and now its no longer in the list.......

There's a Video i posted on youtube about the new patch release stuff and you can see in the video its not an option......

https://youtu.be/OboFNGroabY

They fixed the daily taki mission instance to give luna again, somehow i think not? Which means its 20 luna per week, very generous. Also can we talk about the massive overpricing, it costs 2240 luna to unlock the premium rewards, while in EU costs around 700, its more than 3 times.

I'm sorry you feel that way but i have 6 toons and some people have 8+ to farm luna...and i usually get more than enough materials to make a decent amount....

either way consider yourself lucky because in aion classic the deava pass is payed for with real money!!!!

EMPULSE PLEASE FIX MY STORMWING SELECTION BOX I NEED REFINE STONES FROM THIS EVENT....😭😭😭

28 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

I'm sorry you feel that way but i have 6 toons and some people have 8+ to farm luna...and i usually get more than enough materials to make a decent amount....

either way consider yourself lucky because in aion classic the deava pass is payed for with real money!!!!

EMPULSE PLEASE FIX MY STORMWING SELECTION BOX I NEED REFINE STONES FROM THIS EVENT....😭😭😭

Well im sorry you are sorry that i feel like that, but just because they have forced classic people to accept 5 different tiers of paying on their freaking subscription based game, doesn't mean we have to too. If anything its people like you that go around and normalize when companies remove features that used to be free for years, just so they can sell them to you and its all ok, "because on this other game its worse, so dont complain", yeah right. So you can farm 160 luna per week great, good luck clearing the pass in time with that, and they have removed the best way to farm a lot more daily, just so they can introduce a "premium" mode where you have to spend money to get it.

Here is a shocker, free to play used to mean that you can either play the game and earn the rewards through your labor, or later you could pay to skip. Is it still free to play when in a competitive game you can no longer COMPETE without paying?

lol I'm 100% amused somehow 20x6=120 but someone didn't count the actual days...I'm pretty sure that comes to at 7 days a week at least 700 luna...it's elementary...apparently this guy needs a snicker's....all i heard after reading that last post was the end of life's been good to me so far from joe Walsh i hope someone here understood my reference...anywho...nothing in life is free bro...the fact that this game is fg2p pretty much defies laws of physic's...play free to play and enjoy some korean kids artwork that normally you would have to pay for...make some new character's and just in plain and simple words..."DO BETTER"!!!

You can either join us people who pay or you can continue f2p knowing nothing in life is free and that somehow f2p entitle's you somehow so that NCSOFT cant make any money...?

Look guy literally everything in this game you can farm for free....i could have saved stacks of free paragon stones i never payed a dime for....

Honostly dude i dont know how to tell you to stop complaining about something you can get for free that just happens to be a was for the "free" game's company to make some money so you CONTINUE to play for free...

As a matter of fact if these p2w people didnt pay...YOU WOULDNT GET TO PLAY FOR FREE!!!!!!