Switching stigma builds on the fly...

Valedia-DN

No, because that is not how the Stigma System is meant to be like. A stigma build is a one-go chance for a fight. You are not supposed to be able to change stigmas until a battle, instance or any activity is over. Classes would be too powerful by themselves. On top of that, the whole idea of having limited stigma slots or grade limitations would be useless. 

We could always switch gear during battle, it just took longer or was a bit more complicated. Then they made it easier and more user-friendly. That is one thing.

What you are suggesting is changing the core idea of a system. That is another thing, and that is what I disagree with. If you have another opinion, that is fine for me, as it should be for you.

I should be the one telling you that, considering you are taking all opinions personal. :P

But, anyway, I already said why I disagreed on my first reply. Say, for example, you are fighting a SW. Not only you would be fighting the constant burst damage they dish in DPS spec with their Treble Cleaves and Blazing Requiems, they would also be able to remove ANY debuff you put on them as they will have Chorus of Blessing with them as well.

Same deal with other classes. They are all designed to have a balance, so that in order to get an ability and be useful in a setting, they have to give up another ability. This suggestion basically wipes entirely with how each class works, giving them the chance to have literally ANY skill with them at all times. You would have to rethink all their skills, all combat possibilities as well as PvE instances and battlegrounds.

I would only find it viable if there was a cooldown, like 1h in between switches. But what would be the point of that? Would be just simpler to leave it as it is, having to visit a Stigma Master yourself.

That's the thing, most people won't use it for PvE spec to PvP - they will use it to go from 1 PvP build to another, which will cause a lot of extra balance issues.
Some classes don't need different PvP stigma builds depending on which opponents they cross... but others certainly do.

Best example would be clerics (I have one, and for PvE it would be lovely to change out my heal and dps set on the fly so I don't have to hang around until group is formed to see if we get another dps cler in, so I have to change builds) - but in PvP, clerics with both heal and dps spec would be absolutely annoying.

It basically gives you 12 stigma slots instead of 6 - which is great for certain classes who have too many great stigmas, but not for others.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be a great idea, but as with anything, with restrictions... like, not being able to change on the fly. only able to have 2 sets, max. must not be in combat, a 5 min change cooldown etc etc etc.  players would have to use the stigma master to setup their build as normal but with the ability to set up a secondary build that they can switch between while out in the world. much like equipment change or wardrobe change. NOT the ability to just carry around every stigma you want and change it at any given point or time, even in combat. that would not work and create issues.

so if you actually think about it logically, it can be easily done without any "disturbance to balance or making classes to powerful."  

I honestly would love that to be implemented in game. my cleric could have a dps  build and a heal build and not have to sit around in heal spec waiting for a group for an instance or trying to pve solo in a heal build while waiting for a group. that is purely painful and so sloooooww. my chanter could have a full solo pve dps set and a group support set, awww heck i would use it on all my toons, :P

• 4 weeks later...

If they implement this they would make your stigmas be on cool down otherwise it would be too op.

Imagine a sorcerer, getting inside the arena for example, use his Wintry Armor and switch to Glacial Shard stigma, so now he has an anti-melee shield on AND an ulti skill to do a ton of damage.

This is what people say that it wouldn't be good to have it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived