Lethal Arrow and Ripthread Shot

Neleth-KT

I'm finding something to replace my gale arrow the reason I want to replace it because I got swift shot chain covered and don't really need gale arrow.

Only thing that stopped me doing this is the cast time :/ 

Ripthread Shot has 2 sec cast time and it has 200% crit modifer

Lethal Arrow has 1 sec cast time and it has 500% crit modifer

http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/fACGNPQ65

I might not use ripthread at all since it has too much cast time but should I switch gale arrow to lethal arrow or it's stupid idea ? x_X

My only experience on ranger is on an alt, but just from doing kumukis i can confirm that anything with cast time is insufferable. instant cast or at most 0.5s cast with a fast animation. It can feel nice to hit like 15k with that one 2s channel skill but god is it ever not worth it compared to instant cast skills for your overall DPS.

Low cast time abilities can still be jump cast and landing anim canceled. A 1sec cast time should fit between weaves pretty nicely, and anything with a longer cast time can be used coming from hide for safe use.

I didn't check on Ranger changes coming into 5.8, but consider that it is a balance patch as well as a content patch, and if they are unchanged by then it's likely because they are still strong skills when used intuitively.

Archived