New patch notes 2.7

Genieve

So In the new 2.7 notes I see that they deleted upper fort instances / unyielding besh/ tempus and reduced entrance to udas to 3 times weekly . Why are you all making these horrible changes ? Soon everyone will have sw set so there will be no kinah to be made there . All world drops even from instances are now 1 kinah with new patch . How can people possibly play this game anymore ? How will we even get enchant stones unless you pay for Davea pass . This is all bad decision making here . 

Would be neat to link the Patchnotes you are referring to.

Generally I dislike existing content to be removed, since it reminds me of the past path Aion took. Unyielding is a bit of an exception to me, since I know of no group which ran it regularly (or at all). It is annyoing that they ruin open world due to the bots, because it also partly destroys open world pvp, but that seems to be the path they take. It can work out if implemented properly, but it takes time to get there.

Instead of creating new maps and invalidating old ones, they should expand existing ones and create means which attract end game players to revisit those.

Edited by Stormwing

"Disabled the Chaos Arena"

wtf...

These patch notes really make it seem like the game will be radically different post patch. Kinda like the end of classic. Game will be something new now.

:(

Edited by Eliseth

Classic players are going to be upset if it's not classic. Retail players are going to be upset if new content is added to classic and not retail. I'm not sure what the plan was... rolling back 15 years of patches and making replacement content for a second retail.

8 hours ago, Locke said:

Classic players are going to be upset if it's not classic. Retail players are going to be upset if new content is added to classic and not retail. I'm not sure what the plan was... rolling back 15 years of patches and making replacement content for a second retail.

Classic is a fork in the Aion timeline. They are trying to correct some shortfalls in the original game.

However, the new content doesn't address obvious game flaws, like the manastone"loose all on socketing fail" design fault which retail did address. So it's a hodgepodge.