Weekly Server Maintenance - August 1, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Wissp

• Aion Team

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Aion Classic Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Daeva's Pass - Season 27 Begins
    • Duration: August 1 - August 29
    • Season Ends: August 27
  • Administrator's Growth Support Box Ends
  • Dungeon Delve Ends
  • Store Update (Candy All-Star) Ends
  • Daeva's Pass - Season 26 Ends
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where Elemental Defense was not reduced when attacked by Young Dragon's Roar

(English): When will the drop rate be fixed?

(French): Quand le taux de chute sera-t-il corrigé?

(Spanish): ¿Cuándo se corregirá la tasa de caída?

(German): Wann wird die Abwurfsrate korrigiert?

(Italian): Quando verrà corretto il tasso di caduta?

(Portuguese): Quando a taxa de queda será corrigida?

(Dutch): Wanneer wordt het drop percentage gecorrigeerd?

(Russian): Когда будет исправлен коэффициент выпадения?

(Japanese): ドロップ率はいつ修正されますか?

(Korean): 드롭율은 언제 수정됩니까?

(Greek): Πότε θα διορθωθεί η πιθανότητα πτώσης;

(Turkish): Düşüş oranı ne zaman düzeltilecek?

(Arabic): متى سيتم تصحيح معدل الإسقاط؟

(Urdu): ڈراپ کی شرح کب ٹھیک ہوگی؟

(Swedish): När kommer nedfallshastigheten att rättas till?

(Finnish): Milloin pudotussuhde korjataan?

(Danish): Hvornår vil drop rate blive rettet?

(Polish): Kiedy zostanie naprawiony współczynnik upuszczenia?

(Norwegian): Når blir nedfallsraten rettet?

(Vietnamese): Tỷ lệ rơi khi nào sẽ được sửa chữa?

(Thai): อัตราการตกจะได้รับการแก้ไขเมื่อไหร่?

(Ukrainian): Коли буде виправлено коефіцієнт падіння?

(Bulgarian): Кога ще бъде коригиран шансът за падане?

(Romanian): Când va fi corectată rata de cădere?

(Czech): Kdy bude opravena míra poklesu?

(Hungarian): Mikor lesz javítva a zuhanási arány?

(Slovak): Kedy bude opravená miera poklesu?

(Croatian): Kada će se ispraviti stopa pada?

(Slovenian): Kdaj bo popravljena stopnja padca?

(Serbian): Када ће бити исправљена стопа падања?

(Malay): Bila kadar jatuh akan diperbetulkan?

(Indonesian): Kapan tingkat penurunan akan diperbaiki?

(Filipino): Kailan maayos ang rate ng pag-drop?

(Lithuanian): Kada bus ištaisytas kritimo rodiklis?

(Latvian): Kad tiks labots krituma rādītājs?

(Estonian): Millal parandatakse langemise määr?

(Armenian): Երբ է ուղղվելու ընկալության տոկոսը?

(Georgian): რადგან გასწორდება ჩამოსვლის მარტივი?

(Basque): Noiz zuzenduko da jaitsiera-tasa?

(Macedonian): Кога ќе се поправи стапката на паѓање?

(Persian): میزان افت چه زمانی تصحیح می‌شود؟

(Bengali): ড্রপ হারটি কখন ঠিক করা হবে?

(Kannada): ಡ್ರಾಪ್ ಹಾರು ಯಾವಾಗ ಸರಿಪಡಿಸಲ್ಪಡುತ್ತದೆ?

(Gujarati): ડ્રોપ રેટ ક્યારે સુધારવામાં આવશે?

(Telugu): డ్రాప్ రేట్ ఎప్పుడు సరిచేయబడుతుంది?

(Maltese): Meta se titjib il-proporzjoni ta 'waqgħa?

(Albanian): Kur do të ndreqet norma e rënies?

(Icelandic): Hvenær verður fallhlutfall lagfært?

(Sinhala): අවස්ථාවක් කල්කාලීන කරනු ලැබේ?

(Nepali): ड्रप दर कहिले ठिक गरिनेछ?

@Wissp really appreciate your response to the many comments on last weeks thread, and the fact that you totally didn't ignore all of us @Wissp

so this week's update adds literally nothing and instead just removes stuff from the game...nice

oh wait, actually, they made Dragon Lord's Throne HARDER! yes, that boss that only 1 asmo group has cleared twice in months, that definitely needs to be made more difficult for the NA population.

while you're at it, would you mind following up on the support tickets sent in showing photo proof of several elyos hacking into locations they are not supposed to be, and continuing to play the game? @Wissp

thanks @Wissp, it is so good to have active communication again on these forums, and not just a zombie that logs in once a week to copy paste what their boss sent them in a drunken stupor through most likely Skype, given how backwards in time your company is.

on behalf of F-tier players,  keep up the great work @Wissp

Greetings! 

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.
          o    We will continue to change or push back the times to inconvenience our player base until whenever we like.

Aion Classic Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Daeva's Pass - Season 27 Begins
            o   Duration: August 1 - August 29
             o   Season Ends: August 27

• Reminder: Please keep supporting us with your hard earned money while we continue not to care what the NA population thinks! 😬

• Administrator's Growth Support Box Ends. We are aware it was not much of help. But be appreciative slugs!
  • Dungeon Delve Ends
  • Store Update (Candy All-Star) Ends
  • We will shortly be updating the store with more meaningless junk where you can buy to your hearts desire.
  • Daeva's Pass - Season 26 Ends
  • Bug Fixes
     o   Fixed an issue where Elemental Defense was not reduced when attacked by Young Dragon's Roar
     o   Fixed an issue where there were still some drops appearing.
     o   *This includes every drop from open world, instanced, and other.

From NCAmerica's latest weekly meeting with NCSoft, we were made to be aware that every single item drop will only be sold in the Quna shop.

There were never meant to be any drops happening in the game anywhere, period.

(this post is completely satire and not meant to be taken seriously.)

Edited by 2s65F09

Tomorrow's Routine Cash Grab - Aion Classic's "Maintenance" Downtime: 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT (or whenever we feel like it)

Get ready for some minor changes that won't impact your gameplay in the slightest! Your wallet, however, may feel a bit lighter. Here's what we've got in store:

Daeva's Pass - Season 27 Begins

Duration: August 1 - August 29

Season Ends: August 27

(because we know you love spending money on new seasons)

Administrator's Growth Support Box Ends

(Buy now while you still can! Or don't. We know you will.)

Dungeon Delve Ends

(Did you enjoy it? Too bad! We're replacing it with something even more grindy.)

Store Update (Candy All-Star) Ends

(But don't worry, a new and even more expensive item is coming soon!)

Daeva's Pass - Season 26 Ends

(Time to spend more on the next season!)

Bug "Fixes"

Fixed an issue where Elemental Defense was not reduced when attacked by Young Dragon's Roar

(Actual problems like item drop rates? Nah, we won't touch those.)

Attention players: We are committed to providing you with endless opportunities to invest in your digital enjoyment. Rest assured, we will continue to ignore the real issues and instead focus on the things that really matter – our bottom line. Happy spending!

@Whisp Do you hate the community, hate your job, or do you hate both? I cannot imagine having a job like yours and absolutely ignoring customers PERMANENTLY and still being paid.  You are completely incompetent until proven otherwise. 

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

We are once again asking for your support... Please...

1.) Fix the drop rate.

2.) We need more green manastones. (I appreciate the log-in rewards, but we will naturally need white manastones of all levels to drop from the system to also craft them. Maybe introduce Felicitous Socketing again, if things are going to be THIS scarce?)

3.) Quna has caused more unbalance to the economy. (Maybe also consider dropping that Soul Sickness price...)

4.) We need more in-game avenues to make Kinah. 

5.) Events are nice, yes, but there are too many items that just cause inventory bloat. We don't need any more bloat items...

@Wissp

Edited by Phidippus

53 minutes ago, Phidippus said:

We are once again asking for your support... Please...

1.) Fix the drop rate.

2.) We need more green manastones. (I appreciate the log-in rewards, but we will naturally need white manastones of all levels to drop from the system to also craft them. Maybe introduce Felicitous Socketing again, if things are going to be THIS scarce?)

3.) Quna has caused more unbalance to the economy. (Maybe also consider dropping that Soul Sickness price...)

4.) We need more in-game avenues to make Kinah. 

5.) Events are nice, yes, but there are too many items that just cause inventory bloat. We don't need any more bloat items...

@Wissp

Spot on.  I'd take an increase of white manastones more than anything.  But we all know it'll be mp, parry, evasion etc.  Soul sickness and skill books are too expensive with no drops.  Leveled a toon on NZ, I could not afford skill books from level 50-55. 

I dont like the idea of adding felicirous sockets, that'll be more quna cost which, like you stated, is creating an imbalance.  How bout just making the failed manastone break not ALL of them.

Let's be honest Problem :

1. The Kinah Seller  issue ..
  • who has been buying from them until now and will continue to do so...
  • However, if more and more players continue not to receive their own Kinah income,
  • they will either go to the sellers
  • or migrate to another game (or worse private server) altogether.

The question is here:

rather which of the options would NC  like to choose? 

In my opinion, none of the above options because....hmmm...

Because it seems they don't want the players to receive something themselves, otherwise the drop fix would have been back long ago!

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

@Whisp Do you hate the community, hate your job, or do you hate both? I cannot imagine having a job like yours and absolutely ignoring customers PERMANENTLY and still being paid.  You are completely incompetent until proven otherwise. 

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

FIX THE DROP RATE

** @Wissp

Edited by Heathen

@Whisp

The drop rate really needs to be addressed. Even if it's just a "We have heard you and are working on a solution". Willfully ignoring the issue is only driving more players away. It's sad to see too because when a new player does join the server they ask things like "how is the game on this server" and they get honest answers like: "Low population, no drops means it's hard to gear up. Probably better to go play on EU until they manage that into the ground too". At which point I assume a lot of those players do leave to go play elsewhere. Players feel no loyalty to the game because NCSoft shows no loyalty to their players.

I'm only managing to play at this point because I got busy and took a break before 2.0, so coming back I still had a stockpile of white 50 manastones from when drops did exist that I upgraded to 60 stones which are mostly gone now, but once they are I will be completely blocked from progressing to new sets of gear. At that point, I'm probably gone again and I won't be back if I leave due to mismanagement. Aion Classic was already my last straw for NCSoft as well, so if you lose me here you lose me forever on all products you release.

I honestly wonder if this mismanagement doesn't open you guys up to some kind of class action lawsuit for shirking fiduciary responsibility. Your stock price is down consistently since January of 2021, save for a bump/stabilization which appears to coincide with the Aion Classic announcement and launch, and then steep decline starting in November of 2021. At least part of this has to be caused by the absolute bottom tier management of this game (and frankly any others that have unfortunately been corrupted by your company). 

A CM that logs in once a week to post patch notes is not a CM, it's an intern with CTRL+C CTRL+V.

Completely ignoring a player base is why a game that has a great core is failing to keep people and is probably only making a very small profit because there is no one on payroll for it instead of being wildly profitable. It's especially sad considering any intermediate developer could resolve most of the issues the community is complaining about in a month. Then hiring 6 people to be logged in as a GM in shifts responding to claims of hacking, botting, etc. would completely resolve those issues in a short time as well. People bot because bots aren't banned. People hack because hackers aren't banned. If you're not banning people because they whale for you realize that when significant numbers of minnows and dolphins quit because of those whales you're losing long term survivability because eventually the whales will get bored when there's no one to play with.

If I didn't think your company was destined for bankruptcy I'd consider offering to solve these issues as a contractor for development, but considering I don't have confidence I'd be paid that's not on the table right now.

Also what's the deal with rewarding some random group as if you were running a contest. Is one of those players a staff member or have connections to a staff member? New stigmas are ridiculously strong and expensive, selectively giving those out without announcing that they would be a reward is just blatant favoritism. Not a great way to inspire confidence in the community, especially since (of course) it's "the rich get richer", and since it's impossible to catch up to the top end players thanks to issues caused by the drop rates it's a great way to discourage the rest of the player base. If I was taking the game seriously I'd be considering quitting just with that revelation.

Finally, what's the deal with the forums not letting me rename my account. This account has been around since retail beta and though I haven't used it consistently in a long time I can't change my display name which seems like your web admin installed it wrong or something.

There have been some great suggestions from the community in this and other threads. Read them, do some of them. Before it's too late (if it isn't already).

1 hour ago, GenericUser50648 said:

@Whisp

The drop rate really needs to be addressed. Even if it's just a "We have heard you and are working on a solution". Willfully ignoring the issue is only driving more players away. It's sad to see too because when a new player does join the server they ask things like "how is the game on this server" and they get honest answers like: "Low population, no drops means it's hard to gear up. Probably better to go play on EU until they manage that into the ground too". At which point I assume a lot of those players do leave to go play elsewhere. Players feel no loyalty to the game because NCSoft shows no loyalty to their players.

I'm only managing to play at this point because I got busy and took a break before 2.0, so coming back I still had a stockpile of white 50 manastones from when drops did exist that I upgraded to 60 stones which are mostly gone now, but once they are I will be completely blocked from progressing to new sets of gear. At that point, I'm probably gone again and I won't be back if I leave due to mismanagement. Aion Classic was already my last straw for NCSoft as well, so if you lose me here you lose me forever on all products you release.

I honestly wonder if this mismanagement doesn't open you guys up to some kind of class action lawsuit for shirking fiduciary responsibility. Your stock price is down consistently since January of 2021, save for a bump/stabilization which appears to coincide with the Aion Classic announcement and launch, and then steep decline starting in November of 2021. At least part of this has to be caused by the absolute bottom tier management of this game (and frankly any others that have unfortunately been corrupted by your company). 

A CM that logs in once a week to post patch notes is not a CM, it's an intern with CTRL+C CTRL+V.

Completely ignoring a player base is why a game that has a great core is failing to keep people and is probably only making a very small profit because there is no one on payroll for it instead of being wildly profitable. It's especially sad considering any intermediate developer could resolve most of the issues the community is complaining about in a month. Then hiring 6 people to be logged in as a GM in shifts responding to claims of hacking, botting, etc. would completely resolve those issues in a short time as well. People bot because bots aren't banned. People hack because hackers aren't banned. If you're not banning people because they whale for you realize that when significant numbers of minnows and dolphins quit because of those whales you're losing long term survivability because eventually the whales will get bored when there's no one to play with.

If I didn't think your company was destined for bankruptcy I'd consider offering to solve these issues as a contractor for development, but considering I don't have confidence I'd be paid that's not on the table right now.

Also what's the deal with rewarding some random group as if you were running a contest. Is one of those players a staff member or have connections to a staff member? New stigmas are ridiculously strong and expensive, selectively giving those out without announcing that they would be a reward is just blatant favoritism. Not a great way to inspire confidence in the community, especially since (of course) it's "the rich get richer", and since it's impossible to catch up to the top end players thanks to issues caused by the drop rates it's a great way to discourage the rest of the player base. If I was taking the game seriously I'd be considering quitting just with that revelation.

Finally, what's the deal with the forums not letting me rename my account. This account has been around since retail beta and though I haven't used it consistently in a long time I can't change my display name which seems like your web admin installed it wrong or something.

There have been some great suggestions from the community in this and other threads. Read them, do some of them. Before it's too late (if it isn't already).

@Wissp ???

1 hour ago, DMob-DN said:

@Wissp ???????????????????????

SOOOOO to everyone complaining about the group that killed tiamat and them getting favortism. If you stop to actually know anything about korea the first teams that clear any of the new boss's and even the first group of teams that cleared taha s rank back at launch. Got rewards its not just some random thing if you know about them then you go for server first if you dont know about them then well thats not the teams fault that cleared it before everyone else. Its partially nc west  fault for not communicating that it was a thing that was on korea and has carried over to NA. As for the players that didnt know about it well thats on you but dont go bashing the group that cleared it and saying p2w gets more favortism when this group actually put in the effort to clear it way more then anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Kyio said:

SOOOOO to everyone complaining about the group that killed tiamat and them getting favortism. If you stop to actually know anything about korea the first teams that clear any of the new boss's and even the first group of teams that cleared taha s rank back at launch. Got rewards its not just some random thing if you know about them then you go for server first if you dont know about them then well thats not the teams fault that cleared it before everyone else. Its partially nc west  fault for not communicating that it was a thing that was on korea and has carried over to NA. As for the players that didnt know about it well thats on you but dont go bashing the group that cleared it and saying p2w gets more favortism when this group actually put in the effort to clear it way more then anyone else.

The issue is that server first rewards have always been announced in NA previously. The company failing to announce this one makes it anomalous and thus suspicious. It could be that the team decided to reward them on their own, it could be them trying to retain whales, it could be some other form of corruption, that's the issue. It certainly at the least is an example of increasingly poor communication from the company running the game.

its 100% no communication there is nothing else behind it its the team running NA that is at fault. Not the players that cleared it its that simple everyone should know by now nc west is login once per week to copy pasta shit then log out the rest of the week. This is all the proof anyone needs to know that there was 0 communication about said rewards for server first kills even though the player base should know by now that server firsts have always gotten rewards period.