Weekly Server Maintenance - September 5, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Roseae

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 3PM PDT / 5PM CDT / 10PM UTC, and will conclude after approximately 2 hours 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Winter Holiday in August Ends
  • Every Day with Aion Ends
    • Event Ending on September 12
  • Classic Summer Festival Bundle II Sales Ends
  • Manastone Pass Begins
    • Duration: September 5 – September 19
    • Season Ends: September 17
  • Jackpot Kinah Monster Event Begins
  • Empyrean Lord's Support Survey Event Begins
      • [Event] Stormwing Egg (15 days)
      • [Event] Lodas Amulet III
      • [Event] Administrator's Boon (1 Day)
      • [Event] Consumables Bundle
  • Daeva Settlement Support Box Survey Begins
      • [Event] Level 1 Daeva Settlement Support Box (30 days)

Server Merge UPDATE (9/4):

Thank you!
The Aion Team

6 hours ago, tinyman-KT said:

24 out of 27 manastone failed.....  what a joke,,from the last manastone  giveaway,,a big waste of time....never going to fix the drops!!!!!

Manastones are a sick joke.

That's why the Korean devs changed the socketing behavior in later versions of Aion, to prevent the destruction of successfully socketed manastones, on a subsequent failed attempts. You would think the Classic devs would have learned from this already. Perhaps they don't play Aion retail.

6 hours ago, tinyman-KT said:

24 out of 27 manastone failed.....  what a joke,,from the last manastone  giveaway,,a big waste of time....never going to fix the drops!!!!!

Well, drops are good...under lvl 51. 

Thus, one of the fun aspect of Aion WAS grinding. I remember went Mephistis farm was full of people grinding.
Now, you only see bots in Undirborg/Subterranea(or Calydon farming lvl 49-) since it's the only places in Balorean with item and kinah drops.
Not sure why they are unable to detect their repetitive paths or even just put an observer for one day per month to suspend all bots account and restore at least some drops on world maps. At least make some mobs in Ingisson/Gelk drop some kinah.

For instances like Telos/tempus(new intances), I understand some code is linked to the retail version but im sure they can ATLEAST add a generic gear/rare items/kinah box(green, blue, yellow or orange depending on mob's strentgh) which could make people happier. They could create a "hard mode" for older instances where you could play a lvl 50-55 version "Fire temple", aether lab or a revamped middle SR team instance which could have these boxes.

Aion Classic is based on selling nostalgia. NC Soft US missed the target as people aren't doing the instances that were fun like Fire templeor theo labas people simply rush to get to lvl 55 (even very little Esoterance for 55 as the PVE people arent interested when there little gear involved). With a hard modes option,  I'm sure you'll have many players coming back.

@Wissp @Roseae With this new manastone pass, may I suggest you make it more worth while and throw in bags of x100 ETERNAL Greater Supplements or even Eternal Felicitous Socketing so we don't keep dying inside because of all the manastone fails? And maybe allow more manastone drops in game instead of trying to get more out from our pockets?

Edited by Phidippus

6 hours ago, Cyanelle said:

Thus, one of the fun aspect of Aion WAS grinding. I remember went Mephistis farm was full of people grinding.
Now, you only see bots in Undirborg/Subterranea(or Calydon farming lvl 49-) since it's the only places in Balorean with item and kinah drops.
Not sure why they are unable to detect their repetitive paths or even just put an observer for one day per month to suspend all bots account and restore at least some drops on world maps. At least make some mobs in Ingisson/Gelk drop some kinah.

For instances like Telos/tempus(new intances), I understand some code is linked to the retail version but im sure they can ATLEAST add a generic gear/rare items/kinah box(green, blue, yellow or orange depending on mob's strentgh) which could make people happier. They could create a "hard mode" for older instances where you could play a lvl 50-55 version "Fire temple", aether lab or a revamped middle SR team instance which could have these boxes.

Aion Classic is based on selling nostalgia. NC Soft US missed the target as people aren't doing the instances that were fun like Fire templeor theo labas people simply rush to get to lvl 55 (even very little Esoterance for 55 as the PVE people arent interested when there little gear involved). With a hard modes option,  I'm sure you'll have many players coming back.

A month ago I sent a report with videos about the bots in Gelk, many of them with enough proof to be banned but they did nothing. 
Conclusion, they are not banned because they are the only ones who pay the Siel Aura.

need to bring back  once a manastone is socketed you cant lose it other than having it removed by your choice by using a NPC manastone remover. this is a joke how you lose them all if one fails..pathetic,, i once use 67 manastones to try and  fill a 6 slotted item..in the end i only got to 5

rubbish CM @Wissp hired by a rubbish company. 

DROP RATE FIX WHEN? PEOPLE COME BACK TO AION WHEN?

Just now, Heathen said:

rubbish CM @Wissp hired by a rubbish company. 

DROP RATE FIX WHEN? PEOPLE COME BACK TO AION WHEN?

Can't say the word tr@sh? Is rubbish so much better? WTF?

10 hours ago, Cyanelle said:

So much content I can't do in this game because there is LESS than no reward (drops), in fact it costs money. THUS - I don't play. 

I gotta ask, why is the maintenance always in the prime gaming time and could you maybe include eastern time in your announcements? Sure, I can do the maths, but why have UTC and not eastern?

Did you do some research into when the servers are least visited to determine a good time for a maintenance window, or is this just when it's convenient?

24 minutes ago, Klerinette said:

I gotta ask, why is the maintenance always in the prime gaming time and could you maybe include eastern time in your announcements? Sure, I can do the maths, but why have UTC and not eastern?

Did you do some research into when the servers are least visited to determine a good time for a maintenance window, or is this just when it's convenient?

NCWest doesn't do the maintenance anymore, Korea took over a while ago.

26 minutes ago, Klerinette said:

What Shirene said Korea does the maint now and the time they do it on Tuesday night is the start of the Korean work day on Wednesday  morning 

so basically convenient for them

Edited by Yoyo

On 9/4/2023 at 7:41 PM, Roseae said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 3PM PDT / 5PM CDT / 10PM UTC, and will conclude after approximately 2 hours 30 minutes.

• Manastone Pass Begins

Thank you!
The Aion Team

By the way, WHO are the monsters of Jackpot Kinah Monster Event?  And.... do they appear in the same spots as those Tahabata/Steel Rake Event mobs used to appear, or I have to run through all Gelkmaros map to look for them?!  ...

On 9/4/2023 at 7:41 PM, Roseae said:

Greetings Daevas!

• Manastone Pass Begins

Thank you!
The Aion Team

Please extend the time for the jackpot monsters.  30 minutes is too little time.  Thank you.   :) 

• Roseae unpinned this topic