PSA: EXP Crystals getting deleted Oct 17 maintenance

Alyta-DN

NC is at it again with trying to ninja delete important items of ours just because they have been given out as another event reward. 

This time it's all the icon_quest_cp01.png[Event] Experience Crystal we have been getting ever since they introduced the Shattered Abyssal Splinter event.

At the bottom of the Garden of Growth page https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/garden-of-growth-october-2023

they have this chart:

mxdIWXz.png

Countless hours have been spent getting these crystals daily from running abyssal splinter,  not just from this garden event that we maybe have twice in a year.

I don't agree with them being taken away and I have sent in a ticket hoping to convince them to reverse this choice.

If this is important to you, send in a ticket too.

NCSoft has confirmed the only Experience Crystals that will be removed are the ones obtained from Garden.

This is NCOSFT Inquiry Response Notice.

Hello. This is NCSOFT.
This is a response to your inquiry.

Date of Response : 10/09/2023

Hello,
Thanks for contacting Aion Support.
Only [Event] Experience Crystals that were obtained from Garden Of Growth event will be removed with the end of the event.
I hope this information clarifies your issue. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team

2 hours ago, Cinderz said:

NCSoft has confirmed the only Experience Crystals that will be removed are the ones obtained from Garden.

Hello. This is NCSOFT.

Hello,
Only [Event] Experience Crystals that were obtained from Garden Of Growth event will be removed with the end of the event.
I hope this information clarifies your issue. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team

Somehow i doubt the validity of that based on practicality, the crystals have the same id and stack with all the others. For only specific ones to be deleted, someone has to check the number of acquired crystals on 1000s of characters and remove only said number, and then differentiate somehow the crystals that have already been used and those acquired from SAS and GoG during this period. Probably worth asking for another confirmation from a superior.

It has been repeatedly proven that the people running the game DO NOT understand even the most basic mechanics.

If they say they are going to delete Experience Crystals, then they are going to delete them and you should prepare accordingly.

You have until the 17th to burn through your stacks of crystals.

As @Viseris-KT pointed out they all share the same item ID and staff is probably not going to go through the hassle of tracking which ones came from where.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:12 PM, Cinderz said:

Hello. This is NCSOFT.

Hello,
Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team

Is the support ticket still open? If yes notify them that the XP crystals from the garden of growth are the same ID with the Shuttered Abyssal Splinter ones and they even stack on each other. They cannot differentiate them in any other way and they would have to "partially" remove items from a whole stack.

From the above post (it was edited to reflect the following change) 

Garden of Growth Begins
Duration: October 3 - October 17
UPDATE: [Event] Experience Crystal has been removed from the Item Removal List

XP crystals should be safe, but they def need to work on where they post the updated information

Sorry I don't have the ability to edit my first post in any way. 

Thankfully they revised this decision for us! 🙂

(Now I can stop stressing about spending hours clicking on all the crystals my alts have.)

It's been crossed off the list on the event page as well:

https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/garden-of-growth-october-2023

Thank you Daevas for all the tickets you sent in to make this happen!

Wow, I've only seen this for the 1st time! Exp Crystals from Garden of Growth to be deleted on 2023-10-17??? I haven't read that event page. it would be a mockery! There's no time nor enough kinah for Exp extractors to use them all during the GoG event! Are they crazy? We had had GoG event several times before, they had NEVER deleted them before! This item has been for storage, when you don't have EXP-giving events and when you visit your characters every day and use 1 exp extractor, in half a year the Exp decreases to near 0 on the Exp bar and then you use the exp crystals you supplied before. I worked hard manually on Assassins, Templars, Rangers to protect the GoG plants for the sake of getting Exp crystals, the bot doesn't do it on these classes at all, if I don't select targets, and after that they are going to be deleted???

I logged in today, after the even't end, and I  have 170 exp crystals on GlennTipton - Chanter, 36 on NoMerrcy - Assassin, these toons had had none before the latest GoG event, 239 on Dagaz - Sorcerer, he may have had some from the previous GoG event. So they weren't deleted so far. Will they remain or be deleted on the next maintenance?