Playing without Fledgling Gear?

GenericUser753

So I've started playing around five, maybe six months ago and I leveled my first Gladiator without all the fancy stuff the newbies have now. And I sucked at it, but enjoyed it. I leveled both Asmo and Ely with Fledgling Gear to endgame content, but for me it felt too rushed. So now I'm leveling the ''old school'' way without the new gear. Anyone else doing this or is it just me? I personally enjoy lore and actually learning skills more than endgame PvP. (at which I suck too :p) 

I can understand that, but they've shifted nearly all content to endgame now so they really just want you max level. The fact that they're doing guided quests in 6.0 from levels 1 to 80 shows they really just want people to get to endgame.

Coin gear already made things obsolete in the past, now you just have 56 armor at level 10! Lol

1 hour ago, Valronea-DN said:

So I've started playing around five, maybe six months ago and I leveled my first Gladiator without all the fancy stuff the newbies have now. And I sucked at it, but enjoyed it. I leveled both Asmo and Ely with Fledgling Gear to endgame content, but for me it felt too rushed. So now I'm leveling the ''old school'' way without the new gear. Anyone else doing this or is it just me? I personally enjoy lore and actually learning skills more than endgame PvP. (at which I suck too :p) 

I too enjoy the lore more than pvp -- especially now that all pvp has shifted to endgame. When I came back to the game a few years ago, much of the low-level pvp had disappeared, but you could still find low-mid level players rifting through Eltnen and Morheim from time to time. I enjoyed hopping on my freshly-made Asmo and getting my feet wet. These days I spend all of my time questing and exploring the regions. I find it is less stressful than worrying about getting the best pvp gear and all of the other things necessary to stand a chance.

1 hour ago, Voltric-DN said:

I too enjoy the lore more than pvp -- especially now that all pvp has shifted to endgame. When I came back to the game a few years ago, much of the low-level pvp had disappeared, but you could still find low-mid level players rifting through Eltnen and Morheim from time to time. I enjoyed hopping on my freshly-made Asmo and getting my feet wet. These days I spend all of my time questing and exploring the regions. I find it is less stressful than worrying about getting the best pvp gear and all of the other things necessary to stand a chance.

I only like PvP when I play with one of my friends but the game crashed on his laptop, so no PvP for me. I also hate it because you're questing, then suddenly you get your ass kicked by a  lvl 75 SM. Ugh. 

I personally like to explore every nook and cranny of the maps we're given tho. It's relaxing lol

Archived