Returning Player - What's new?

GenericUser9878

Hello everyone! I am a returning player and I would like to know few things... Actually everything that's new and any suggestion?
I stopped playing when the big stigma update was about to happen. When Katalam and Tiamaranta was still there.
What should I do now? Shall get back to my characters? I had a couple of 65s with maxed out equip (blood mark and ancient coin sets) and I was making a sorcerer becasue I really like it I think it is around level 60 with maxed out besh set. I guess everything is changed now right?

Did they deleted some servers? I think I was in TM. Anyway shall start a new char instead? And what happened to my forum name? 

Thanks!

We had a server merge some time ago. Siel and Beritra merged to become KT (Katalam), while the rest became DN (Danaria). Character names were reset, although there should be a free name change scroll in your inventory that will allow you to reclaim your previous name.

Starting a new character is also an idea, although ideally I'd wait until upcoming Wednesday (the 10th) with that since the Homeworld Bound event starts then (meaning you get lots of goodies as you level up). You'll also be in for a nice (visual) treat when make a new character.

The one thing I would suggest though is that explore the new 66+ content (Iluma/Norsvold) casually -- check the maps, do some of the new instances, but don't go all-in. The reason for this is that the upcoming 6.0 patch will undo most of the changes that were introduced in the 5.x patch, and revert the game back to a 3.0/4.0 state. So if you ever catch yourself thinking that this whole essence system is weird, that gear breaking sucks, and that the leveling seems very unlike Aion just remember that better times are coming. Soon™.

For info on maps/instances/etc you can always check Aion Wikia too:

http://aion.wikia.com/wiki/Iluma

10 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

We had a server merge some time ago. Siel and Beritra merged to become KT (Katalam), while the rest became DN (Danaria). Character names were reset, although there should be a free name change scroll in your inventory that will allow you to reclaim your previous name.

Starting a new character is also an idea, although ideally I'd wait until upcoming Wednesday (the 10th) with that since the Homeworld Bound event starts then (meaning you get lots of goodies as you level up). You'll also be in for a nice (visual) treat when make a new character.

The one thing I would suggest though is that explore the new 66+ content (Iluma/Norsvold) casually -- check the maps, do some of the new instances, but don't go all-in. The reason for this is that the upcoming 6.0 patch will undo most of the changes that were introduced in the 5.x patch, and revert the game back to a 3.0/4.0 state. So if you ever catch yourself thinking that this whole essence system is weird, that gear breaking sucks, and that the leveling seems very unlike Aion just remember that better times are coming. Soon™.

For info on maps/instances/etc you can always check Aion Wikia too:

http://aion.wikia.com/wiki/Iluma

Wait do you mean that soon the whole new stigma system and stuff is going to be gone and everything is reverting back to the good old tree system?

I think I was last playing on 4.8

27 minutes ago, 5s2761F2-DN said:

Wait do you mean that soon the whole new stigma system and stuff is going to be gone and everything is reverting back to the good old tree system?

I never said that. What I said was that the 6.0 patch will undo most of the changes that were introduced in the 5.x patch, after which I mentioned the grind-based leveling and the fact that gear can break now as specific examples.

54 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

You'll also be in for a nice (visual) treat when make a new character.

I wouldn't call the graphic changes we had with the 5.0 "nice visual treat". I remember a lot of crying posts and people that quit horrified during that period.

I hope OP doesn't remember how his/her toons looked like.

2 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

I wouldn't call the graphic changes we had with the 5.0 "nice visual treat". I remember a lot of crying posts and people that quit horrified during that period.

I hope OP doesn't remember how his/her toons looks like.

The idea was that OP would be pleasantly surprised when he sees the new Poeta/Ishalgen, but yeah.

Archived