Arena dodging

GenericUser485

I think that the people who "give up entering" need a longer delay when they pass.  All 5 of my arenas today were empty.  Arenas are one of the last places you can 1v1 and I really enjoy them. Only 5 a week and all empty because some little punk is sitting there cackling into his Doritos hitting the pass button?  Infuriating.  Maybe if you pass make it a 10 minute cant que again?

I think better idea would be if you queue for arena of discipline - you use your entry. Pass or not pass- CD is burnt. Would be harsh and give alot of QQ's but maybe not so many dodges.

Worse than dodge is when you wait a minute to not get dodged, enter and the arena is already halfway into first round.... Nyerk'ed over by time bonus Orz

• 1 month later...

Or better yet, instead of getting an entry window for enter or pass, you are simply ported in. After all you applied and this means you are asking to enter.

This way if you apply and cancel before you get an match you wouldn't lose one of the 5 entries. But if you find an opponent, you are simply ported in.

OR if by any chance you get in and the opponent hit cancel or left before the match started, you should get the full winning rewards as if you won the opponent 5 times (or whatever it is needed to win)

(P.S. I haven't entered the arenas since like 1,5 years now and I don't even know if winning a non opponent match still gives you less rewards than a fully win against an opponent does, so excuse me if it is changed/fixed)

I think the dodges are more a symptom of a larger problem with the game's PVP at the moment. Whenever I do get a matchup, I either completely stomp the enemy or I can't even hit them and they just yawn and faceroll me. Why even bother? Just watch the instance gate and see if geared people are queuing for the match and then dodge appropriately, I assume the logic goes.

7 hours ago, BeritraVice-KT said:

I think the dodges are more a symptom of a larger problem with the game's PVP at the moment. Whenever I do get a matchup, I either completely stomp the enemy or I can't even hit them and they just yawn and faceroll me. Why even bother? Just watch the instance gate and see if geared people are queuing for the match and then dodge appropriately, I assume the logic goes.

This has been going on since the GP system was added in as people wanted to dodge to get their alts so i do not think it has to do with the current state of the game.. Hell it probably started before that even just enough players around that no one noticed it prior.

Archived