Best gear to exchange for in 6.0?

Feral-DN

I haven't really played since 4.x and the initial release of 5.0 but I've come back to prepare for 6.x. I'm making new characters from scratch on a new server with my gf who has never played Aion before so I was wondering which gear from the list posted here would be the best choices for us to try and work towards before 6.x? I will be putting the rest of my kinah into magical crafting and saving for the gold bar exchange so I would prefer to go for the better value gear that aren't too hard to get, but have no idea which gears are decent since I haven't really played during 5.x. 

I wouldn't recommend investing into gearing if you have nothing or close to nothing at this point... imho it could be better to just stash kinah, level aetherforging and craft your purple set as soon as possible, and stack up some items that can be exchanged for enchantment stones in 6.x (omegas, maybe temperings) if NA gets the NPC for it.

Most you could get is maybe 2-3 pieces of purified pvp gear but you would need to turn in Evergale quest in 4 times per day and run Frozen Monolith every CD. As for pve gear, you could probably get a set of purified harvester/apollon, but you'd need to run BoS every CD (at least 1 boss) for soulstones.

I wouldn't recommend investing into gearing if you have nothing or close to nothing at this point... imho it could be better to just stash kinah, level aetherforging and craft your purple set as soon as possible, and stack up some items that can be exchanged for enchantment stones in 6.x (omegas, maybe temperings) if NA gets the NPC for it.

Most you could get is maybe 2-3 pieces of purified pvp gear but you would need to turn in Evergale quest in 4 times per day and run Frozen Monolith every CD. As for pve gear, you could probably get a set of purified harvester/apollon, but you'd need to run BoS every CD (at least 1 boss) for soulstones.

Thank you for taking the time to write a post to help me out. I just made my new character and have only been leveling him for a day here and there so Im only lvl 40. Should be 66 in a day or 2, Ive leveled enough alts to 65 in 4.x for this to be a breeze.

If I remember the KR exchange right, you can basically only exchange for ancient/legendary grade enchants and not at a great rate but I guess we will have to hear from @Cyanfirst on this.

You do get ancient grade gear fairly easily in 6.x so maybe just exchanging for enchants and enchanting the gear you get easily will be better than working our asses off to exchange for +5 to +15 gear. How long would it roughly take me to get purified harvester anyways if I run it daily and how long would it take me to be ready to do the instance? Im a fairly experienced ranger who had full remodeled AC gear and 70a2 (or was it 75a2? I dont remember) officer wings on day one of 5.0 (shit patch btw, pushed me into quitting).

My main focus will be to just get decent pve gear to be able to farm mats easily to craft 6.0 gear. I can worry about pvp gear later.

8 hours ago, Feral-DN said:

How long would it roughly take me to get purified harvester anyways if I run it daily and how long would it take me to be ready to do the instance? Im a fairly experienced ranger who had full remodeled AC gear and 70a2

Most alliances that run Bastion of Souls (the instance that drops Harvester gear and the stones needed to purify it into Master Harvester) will only take level 73+ with unbuffed HP of at least 20k. The HP requirement is due to the first boss which does aoe hits that will knock everyone down to about 25% HP every 20-30 seconds. Sometimes you can get carried with less than that if you have strong friends who know the instance well. The alliance(s) I run with can usually carry 1 or 2 people without messing up the run.

AC gear is rubbish in 5.8 though if I'm being perfectly honest. You will be lowest dps, and your HP will likely not be high enough for BoS. If possible, you should aim to get at least Apollon gear. That is the 3rd best PVE gear in the game currently, and it's really not too difficult to get. You can purchase it from other players/the broker. It drops a lot of pieces in the instance Cradle of Eternity, so most of us have Apollon gear coming out of our ears at this point and just give it away to friends. On DN-A, you can buy Apollon boots/shoulders/gloves/accessories for like 10mil kinah, so it's crazy cheap now. Shirt/pants/weapon will be a bit more expensive as they drop from the last boss which not everyone does. You can run CoE around level 70 if the other 5 people in the group are like 73+ and can carry you. You might die a bit just because you'll get slammed by hard hits and your HP won't be high, but if you can deal with that, then no biggie.

Archived