6.2 SPIRITMASTERS - Let's Chat

Basia-DN

I’ve had success with Pet Skills in PVP,

they are also equivalent to Sorc Nukes in PVE, they are quintessential to the rotation.

I’m wondering what you guys are using as a rotation outside the pet skills, Soul torrent seems to hurt, and the direct damage skills over the DOTs is what I noticed.

we should test and compare our stigma builds, I can post mine when I get home.

Soul torrent, Vacuum Choke, backdraft whenever it's off CD. I'ts like Pet, ST, Pet, VC, Pet BD, toss fear or other AoE, rinse and repeat. Yes we are a pet reliant DPS class now with minor cc and aoe and, we are even more the glass cannon type than we were.

PvE those pets are all we need, even at level 80 it's pet, erosion, pet - DEAD. A tough one MIGHT need Vacuum Choke right after erosion.

Well I got my 2nd Daevanion skill (The Soul Torrent one) this weekend and I'll tell you ... My SM just got very interesting ... We are now GLASS Cannons ... if you have some heals with you ... you are DANGEROUS ... keep your heads up ... it will get better ... just run away from RANGERS ... uggh ... @NOTO if you read this ... stop focusing me!

6 hours ago, Pyxlbomb-DN said:

Well I got my 2nd Daevanion skill (The Soul Torrent one) this weekend and I'll tell you ... My SM just got very interesting ... We are now GLASS Cannons ... if you have some heals with you ... you are DANGEROUS ... keep your heads up ... it will get better ... just run away from RANGERS ... uggh ... @NOTO if you read this ... stop focusing me!

so they made SMs more of a sorc, and gimped sorcs this patch? just when you thought Aion couldn't get any stupider

On 11/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, Rapier-DN said:

so they made SMs more of a sorc, and gimped sorcs this patch? just when you thought Aion couldn't get any stupider

Well not really, I still think Sorc are OP, it's all about the Daevanion Skills ... you have to GET those skills and work on your Cubic's ... those stats will help you regardless of GEAR or Accessories or Weapons ... Max them out, buy them on broker, run to the instance when they pop, super important, I don't think people realize how important Cubic's are to your characters stats and survival in the game.

Fear is still important, SM has become more important in group but less as effective solo I believe, also always have your pet out ... your pet is important in your survival!

Interesting comment, considering on my SM in half the gear I have far my survivability than on my sorc. I don't event have ancient gear on my SM whereas my sorc has legendary compensation and ancient compensation plus some daeva skills.  I do think that cubics is an excellent idea (and I have some)- for most Elyos that means alliance farming or the broker. 

I really have not seen anyone claim that sorcs are OP in this patch for PVP, I can't find a single class that they are "OP" against.Kindly name one - whereas an SM can still fearlock someone or a ranger can easily 1v1  a sorc, even if their gear is relatively poor.

Archived