Crafting mats

Nas-KT

9 hours ago, Agonize-KT said:

Can anyone give me a decent explanation of why are ancient guiding stones not storable in account warehouse or tradeable? this is starting to be annoying...

Short [guess] answer: bots.

It seems like that's their primary focus on just about everything they do - ways to combat botters.  They make stuff untradable so someone can't have a bot farm all day long then just trade it over.  The xigncode thing is supposed to be making it hard for bots by detecting repeat motion (or some such thing).  They introduced reporting, but seem to ignore the reports - because I've had bots that I report several times a day for over a week, and they just keep chugging along.

The company had revenues of $18 million for Aion alone in a 3-month period, and it seems to me they could afford simply hire a couple of GMs to run around the game world and remove the bots.

It's also [probably] to combat inflation, which they had runaway issues with in the past...helped in part by the stupid glimmering shells (seriously, wtf???). Forcing hefty transaction fees for all trades helps keep the money supply down...tho this is really a poor execution of that, since they also butchered the incoming at the same time.

Bots yea, its working great. Was 7 of them around Mushroom dwelling today killing the weekly quest mobs. Got half way through and screw it, nothing aggravates me more than having to compete with several rangers for a few mobs. Is no way to stop it unless someone actually cares and monitors it. They are brazen enough now to run around with legion names lol. If they are not going to do anything about it then they just need to let us account trade.

6 hours ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

Short [guess] answer: bots.

It seems like that's their primary focus on just about everything they do - ways to combat botters.  They make stuff untradable so someone can't have a bot farm all day long then just trade it over.  The xigncode thing is supposed to be making it hard for bots by detecting repeat motion (or some such thing).  They introduced reporting, but seem to ignore the reports - because I've had bots that I report several times a day for over a week, and they just keep chugging along.

The company had revenues of $18 million for Aion alone in a 3-month period, and it seems to me they could afford simply hire a couple of GMs to run around the game world and remove the bots.

It's also [probably] to combat inflation, which they had runaway issues with in the past...helped in part by the stupid glimmering shells (seriously, wtf???). Forcing hefty transaction fees for all trades helps keep the money supply down...tho this is really a poor execution of that, since they also butchered the incoming at the same time.

Well, then ncsoft made assasin actually unplayable then, its impossible to farm open world with a sin, and if they're not tradeable alts are useless, i have to change my main cause a gladiator or an aethertech has 10 times more advantage than me in that way and they're not tradeable, gg ncsoft ty for not letting me even chose my class.

13 hours ago, Agonize-KT said:

Well, then ncsoft made assasin actually unplayable then, its impossible to farm open world with a sin, and if they're not tradeable alts are useless, i have to change my main cause a gladiator or an aethertech has 10 times more advantage than me in that way and they're not tradeable, gg ncsoft ty for not letting me even chose my class.

I'm leveling old alts that were just for master crafting, so only had to be level 30, but want them now for doing cubic and Mirash/CoE for getting transforms for my main (only toon I actually play).  Chanters and SMs are an absolute cruise to level.  I leveled another Templar when I did a pre-NA personal beta testing of 6.2 in EU, and that was easy.

I'm leveling a sin right now.  She's level 60-something as of yesterday, and it's a nightmare grind, tbh.  Compared to the other four classes that I've leveled to 80 (also a couple of clerics), this has been hard.  I'm on my 3th day with the sin, from mid-40s (leveled from FT event) to level 60...it's just been weirdly slow.  SMs are the easiest and fastest, because the split workload with the pet.  Then chanters, clerics and finally Templar - all were easy to just roll along.  I keep stopping with the sin.

TBH, it might also be that I'm just coincidentally  sick of leveling toons at the point where I started my first sin - but this one definitely seems harder than the others.

1 hour ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

I'm leveling old alts that were just for master crafting, so only had to be level 30, but want them now for doing cubic and Mirash/CoE for getting transforms for my main (only toon I actually play).  Chanters and SMs are an absolute cruise to level.  I leveled another Templar when I did a pre-NA personal beta testing of 6.2 in EU, and that was easy.

I'm leveling a sin right now.  She's level 60-something as of yesterday, and it's a nightmare grind, tbh.  Compared to the other four classes that I've leveled to 80 (also a couple of clerics), this has been hard.  I'm on my 3th day with the sin, from mid-40s (leveled from FT event) to level 60...it's just been weirdly slow.  SMs are the easiest and fastest, because the split workload with the pet.  Then chanters, clerics and finally Templar - all were easy to just roll along.  I keep stopping with the sin.

TBH, it might also be that I'm just coincidentally  sick of leveling toons at the point where I started my first sin - but this one definitely seems harder than the others.

Ofc its hard dude, sin's hitting 1.0 with 2 weapons and chanter is hitting the same attack speed with a 2h weapon, he hits twice what a sins hits and at the same attack speed, i dont mind i understand sin needs gear to do what other classes do as natural, transformations are broken, every 2h weapon is hitting at 1. something , at is hitting at 1.2 with idium slam, what makes me mad if that even if i make an alt and i try to do aetherforge with my sin, cause he's my nyerking main and i like playing it , and even doing some pve with it farming stones, the stones are not tradeable or storable in account warehouse, its so dumb, its all a nyerking mix of issues, bots , etc... poor fixes for problems cause they dont know how to their job, or either they dont want to do it

I have no frame of reference to say one way or the other.  I've never played a sin to know how it should feel.  All of my "alts" other than my main were leveled to 10, then went straight to the crafting labs to become masters and never left again, other than for events.

I'm pretty much hearing the same thing you're saying from my friends that are mainly sins, but again -without having played it's hard to get a sense of what's *worse* without having felt *better*, first.

I don't really post on the forums, but this "untradeable crafting mats" actually drove me to the forums to see if there was a vote pole or something going on for this topic. No matter your class or play style; this "untradeable crafting mats" system is only promoting more bots. bots used to be in just open world but now they are sitting on the broker with pixel matching software looking for "1 kinah" items that are crafting mats because those are the mats that players are trading to each other or to their main toons. 

This system is garbage because it promotes solo play and only solo play. There is no room for "team play" because you are forced to farm your own mats or buy them at the broker. What about my legion? what if i want to be a proper deputy and help my legion members gear up? can't do that because the mats are untradeable. What if I have a friend that is struggling to get his/her gear up? can't help them because all of the 'new bots' on the broker 'pixel matching' will just snipe my mats i post for 1 kinah before my friend/legion member can grab them. 

Don't believe me? go post any level of guiding stone for 1 kinah on the broker right now and watch it go in 1 second. I promise it will happen. Literally this untradeable system is destroying people who play multiple toons and/or people who are team players and want to help other players out. 

im done with this game when u got to farm some craft material always have 1 zerg asmodian to kill me, but okay its a part of game fun but when im done my farm and i cant fcking trade to my another char account?????????????? how i suppouse to get itens on my cleric? cuz it had not enough dps to farm any like 1 glad or another dps class and when u put that fcking craft mats always u got stolen on broker cuz its are only 1 way to trade for another char -.._ fck u ANYCSOFT 300 legendary guiding stones on the rubbish cuz u fck players with u rubbish changes. im done with u if u dont change this crap i wont will play it anymore _)_

Archived