Songweaver guide?

Krystaline-KT

We've got info threads for a few classes, but none for SW. I even checked the old forums and see nothing relevant. I'm taking a break from my chanter and have my SW up to 68 and I'm really enjoying it, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I've never played ranged classes... I'm more a bash in the face with a stick kind of girl (I do love dropping frogs on things, though. That's far too much fun.)

Any SW willing to make a guide or is there one that I can be pointed toward?

Here's my guide:

Welcome to the songweaver class.

Congratulations, you have picked a class that is versatile and enjoyable, arguably easy to learn and  is strong in both solo and group PVE and PVP!

Your biggest challenge in PVE will be twofold (1) in not yelling at everyone screaming for mana and (2) trying to find a way to really challenge yourself, since with heals, shields,  and a variety of CC and self-buffs PVE is super-easy (aside from a special roles at time in certain  instances such as DD, but those are rare)..

In PVP, you can DPS and support your group or if you pick more of a healing role you will also be welcome. Don't worry if you group has two or more songweavers, everyone will be happy, unlike some other classes, with your ability to debuff, shield group members< DPS and heal, if you know what you're doing then 2 SW in a group works very well. You're also one of the strongest cloth classes (defense=wise),  in terms of defensive skills, with great magic as well as physical defensive as well as your own cleanse.

Pve is cake. All depends if you want to focus healing or dps. If your healing it's easy. If your dps its easy just all around make sure throne song is up because it helps with damage and gives more ma. Learn instances to know when you may need to cleanse a silence or blind off someone. Make sure to not stand near the aoe silences or whatever. Depending what your running. 

PvP is all that matters and my opinion on that is not just knowing songweaver. You need to know every class so you can use your abilities to the best use. Songweavers are good and are easy to learn I guess but imo you can't just play one and be good.

Thanks for the input. I don't do group instances but I should start doing arenas on her so I can get some PvP practice in, I guess.

I haven't really played her. I leveled her to 43 then went back to concentrating on my chanter. She went from 43 to 46 doing Luna dailies and then 46 to 60 with Luna + Kumuki. At that point I started doing campaign quests again. As dumb as it sounds, I'm still learning the class, even at lvl 68.

Archived