Incoming layoffs locked thread

Asante-KT

Why is it crossing the line when we post that someone that is doing their job VERY poorly should be fired. He didn't wish anything bad on Gideon other than he not be associated with AION anymore. My uneducated (not sure what resources he has but it must be next to none) opinion is the same. He doesn't tell us anything. Doesn't update us, no eta on 6.5 or 6.75 or 7.0 or just anything. BCM is in shambles. Game of Fate is beyond playable. Have you looked at the rewards for it? Just lol. No updates on anything. Incredibly bad changes for AION US except for shards (after forever), morphing (finally a good thing-applause) , and still no fix for seeing your character. 

Also shortening the time for higher level transforms was a crap move. With the state of the game are we expected to sing his praises? He should be fired for either incompetence or negligence. Not communicating to your customers is one of the worst forms of job ineptitude. I don't wish bad things on anyone. I hope he can find another job he's good at, But it's not this one. What AION needs is leadership and we have none. Having to have CYAN come out instead of doing his job is just another prime example of why we need new leadership. Plus some updates. Like I have said before military secrets are easier to get than an update about AION. Maybe nobody knows anything. That's just great leadership there.

Unemployment affects people in different ways. Some people have severance packages that can carry them through difficult times while others get nothing at all. Some people can find a similar or better job in their respective field quickly while others might have to settle for something less (underemployment). Some people are well prepared for it and have their ducks in a row and can get through it relatively unscathed, others have a harder time with it, and (in the case of workers aged 65+) some may never find gainful employment ever again. One commonality that everyone that goes through when unemployed is the psychological harm that comes with not knowing whether or not you'll make it out the other end, and it's not something anyone wants to go through. The fact of the matter is, although you say you just want him to be employed elsewhere, on some level, you are wishing harm fall upon him.

And, quite simply, there's the pragmatic aspect of it: As you said, it's just your uneducated opinion that he's bad at his job. As long as NC deems him fit for his position, your opinion, my opinion, and everyone else's opinion is irrelevant. If they didn't put a stop to the thread as soon as possible, it sets precedent for further uneducated and unwarranted opinions that cause psychological harm for a man who's just trying to do his job (as best as he can, or not, who knows?)

Put yourself in his position. Suppose you were just doing your job and couldn't stand up for yourself (gag order by leadership), and everyday you had someone calling for you to "be employed elsewhere." You're telling me you'd be okay with that?

In any case, questioning why a previous thread was closed won't get it reopened, so please don't stir the pot. They said they're fine with criticisms as long as they're constructive, so do it without asking for people to lose their jobs, okay?

What I really meant was do your job as good as you can. Or even adequately. I do performance evaluations all the time. About 98 percent of people perform either as excellent or satisfactory. This job performance would be a fail. Nothing personal, just an evaluation based on job performance and no communication. I'm not delusional and saying I should evaluate him. But what I can see appears to show laziness and a laissez faire attitude.

Also defending someone for doing a horrible job just enables them. I do feel for him if he has a gag order or some thing. But it still is no excuse for this terrible lack of service. Should we just stand by and be ignored without speaking up? I also realize I can just leave the game and that shows definitively how I feel. 

Being unemployed is no laughing matter and is harm. Wishing that on someone is out of line.

"Speaking up" isn't wishing harm on someone that works on the game. "Speaking up" would be talking about different aspects of the game and how we don't like them and how we would like to see them made better. Discussions on how best to make them better is speaking up.

Still.. freedom of speech is still a thing and so is private property. These forums are the private property of NCWest. They let us come here and "speak up" under certain rules. The other thread broke those rules and was locked. If you want to continue that conversation, which is your right, then you can do so on a space not owned by NCWest. Simple as that.

• Cyan locked this topic

Archived