PvE Glad Questions

Bengel-DN

1) So far I only have a greatsword. I've had 2 of them drop from BoS so far, is there any difference between a greatsword and polearm besides attack speed? Is there any reason to aim for a polearm now that all weapons have the exact same stats?

2) What stigmas are decent for PvE? (I'm still about 70% ancient gear and only running BoS and FM) When I go full AoE stigmas it's a gigantic help in the pre-boss fighting for both instances, but when it's boss time my damage isn't great. When I go full single target stigmas my damage on the boss is actually pretty good for what my gear is, but then the majority of the instance I'm not as helpful clearing all the waves of mobs. I haven't really tried mixing them up yet because it feels like having Battle Banner is a waste. For normal stigmas I have Lockdown, Earthquake Wave and Crippling Cut. I feel like the problem is I'm just not geared enough to go full single target and clear mobs easily with the low cd normal AoE attacks or do significant damage to bosses with the high cd AoE stigmas. :(

1) theres no reason to aim for a pa over a gs nowadays, the stats are the same and gs is slightly faster. just keep in mind templars also use gs as their main weapons, might find some salty templars if you roll on their weapon.

2) do a hybrid build. something like sure strike, sharp strike, exhausting wave, lockdown, earthquake wave, crippling cut

Unless you have double digit ping, ignore polearm. It's slower and hard to weave. Choose greatsword, it's faster and easier to weave between AACs.

AoEs are to aggro a bunch of mobs. What you need is a greatsword for group of mobs and a nice dual wield set for boss fight ( i prefer dagger/sword).

For stigmas, as ykcuL said, choose a hybrid build: sure strike, sharp strike, exhausting wave, lockdown, earthquake wave, the last slot doesnt matter. So does the vision stigma.

Also, make sure you get the surefooted charge (daevanion skill) and weave. Some people say that weaving is pointless with this patch, i say it's not.

Weave between skills and make some nice skill combos. Your damage will increase as you gear up. Last but not least, a fennec fox/pixel transformation will help as well.

So far I only have a greatsword. I've had 2 of them drop from BoS so far, is there any difference between a greatsword and polearm besides attack speed? Is there any reason to aim for a polearm now that all weapons have the exact same stats?

Polearm has slightly higher attack damage, and also slightly better range. Range is not very useful for pve.

now when it comes to stigmas, this patch is for single target skills for higher dps. Use sure strike, sharp strike, EW, criple cut and draining blow.

13 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Polearm has slightly higher attack damage, and also slightly better range. Range is not very useful for pve.

now when it comes to stigmas, this patch is for single target skills for higher dps. Use sure strike, sharp strike, EW, criple cut and draining blow.

Polearm only has slightly higher weapon damage, which is worth a lot less this patch especially considering the attack speed difference. In pvp, the range matters, but not pve.

1 hour ago, Hellish-DN said:

Polearm only has slightly higher weapon damage, which is worth a lot less this patch especially considering the attack speed difference. In pvp, the range matters, but not pve.

thats what i meant, normal attack damage, not including skill damage.

Archived