why is gameforge aion requirements a little different then ours

Grace

https://en.aion.gameforge.com/website/download/

and im referring to the recommend specifications

and it says windows 10 supported and has a 260 as recommended video card while ours says something a bit different

Aion Recommended Requirements

CPU SPEED: Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent.

VIDEO CARD: NVIDA Geforce 7800 GT / AMD Radeon X1800 XL or higher.

TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 256 MB.

DIRECTX VERSION: DirectX 9.0c.

FREE DISK SPACE: 40 GB hard disk space.

does this mean they are going to update  the game to fully support windows 10 finally or something cuz i been crashing for years on windows 10 so this will be interesting to see how well that works out

i still have the feels that ncsoft isnt going to do anything to update or optimize the game any further its broken  GG  the game we enjoy isnt the same anymore on the rumors of Aion 2 who cares i bet any new Aion game in the works will definately have the crappiest support in 3 years after lauch if it last that long

7 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I never crashed on windows 10. Many people use their potato pcs and simply put windows 10 because they feel the need to get better OS. Maybe itis not just a problem of OS but also of hardware problems people have.

Agreed. I use Windows 10 on my gamer and have been since it was released meaning I have a very early version, and I've never had Aion nor any other game crash on me. Is your machine custom built or store bought?

39 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Agreed. I use Windows 10 on my gamer and have been since it was released meaning I have a very early version, and I've never had Aion nor any other game crash on me. Is your machine custom built or store bought?

Custom built. Everything kinda matches the rest of the hardware. Like the motherboard had recomendations on which CPUs to use for better experience and my CPU is in that list, my RAM is running on the max supported GHz of the motherboard, I also have 32GB RAM (I an go up to 64GB) so it has a ton more than what it needs and they are a good brand, not any cheap brand because I wanted to be sure it would never fail me.
My GPU is RX 480 8GB which for the time I got it it was not meant for average users (I know now it is not that big of a deal but when i got it was one of the best). Even my power supply is more than enough for the hardware I have, I was never cheap on adding things that wouldn't hurt to have a little moer just to be sure.

Aion's engine is not optimized well, so in a siege no overkill pc would ever be able to get 120 fps on full graphics and not having Shift+F12. But in every other scenario my pc is kinda overkill for Aion, even in cities etc and I play in 2560x1080 (ultra wide gaming monitor).

And that brings us to another issue... resources, we need to understand that 8 GB of RAM with windows 10 is no longer a sweet spot and if people do not have enough resources you can have the game to crash. Windows 10 sweet spot is at least 16 GB of ram, because he OS takes plenty of that, and if you run an antivirus, and a few more necessary applications, your ram can go upwards pretty fast.

~~~

When I first did my pc, it kinda cost me (including monitor) close to 2k.part of it was that RAM prices were insane, one 16GB ram chip could cost as high as 150~170$ and now the exact same costs about 1/3 of the price. SSDs also dropped in price like 1/4 of the price in some cases.

I might add an additional 32 GB of RAM just to have it maxed but I think it would be simply a waste not even an overkill, I would never need that much in any scenario because my CPU is nothing to brag about now (when I got it it was OK, not anymore)

my pc is custom i dont buy store bought pc's  i can only run the game with windows 8 compat without that checked aion hard crashes on me by booting me completely out to desktop this occured before and after xigncode was implemented  and i had windows 8 but my motherboard was windows 10 compat too they forced everybody to upgrade so i was apart of that group of pc users i have a beastly amd cpu with a beastly 1660 nvidia card 16 gigs ram which i know i dont need that much  but i have not tried one more thing every other game never crashes and final fantasy 14 never crashes just Aion the only thing i havent tried was try a diffrent ram manufacturer i used older cpu and newer and still had issues put in multiple support tickets and nothing helped so windows 8 compat is the only way i can run the game but however during siege time in crowded areas i sendlog but that doesnt bother me much cuz i think its the load

Just now, Gracefullee-DN said:

my pc is custom i dont buy store bought pc's  i can only run the game with windows 8 compat without that checked aion hard crashes on me by booting me completely out to desktop this occured before and after xigncode was implemented  and i had windows 8 but my motherboard was windows 10 compat too they forced everybody to upgrade so i was apart of that group of pc users i have a beastly amd cpu with a beastly 1660 nvidia card 16 gigs ram which i know i dont need that much  but i have not tried one more thing every other game never crashes and final fantasy 14 never crashes just Aion the only thing i havent tried was try a diffrent ram manufacturer i used older cpu and newer and still had issues put in multiple support tickets and nothing helped so windows 8 compat is the only way i can run the game but however during siege time in crowded areas i sendlog but that doesnt bother me much cuz i think its the load

also did aion on ssd and mechanical drives both had the same issues just saying.

@Gracefullee-DN: From your explanation I see only one potential issue that may cause crashes. I'm an avid AMD user and I'm currently using an 8 core Black edition CPU mainly because I don't much care for the architecture of the new Ryzan AMD puts out. However when I first built my gamer I too used an nVida based over the top graphics card and despite my 32 gigs of DDR 4 RAM and a PC that is very overkill for older games such as Aion using the Cryengine especially I was plagued with crashes. After speaking with a few AMD techs and taking their advice to heart I switched out my nVida based graphics card for a AMD based Radeon card that cost in itself a small fortune and this ended my crashes for good. Apparently, AMD CPU's do not play too well under stressful situations with nVida based graphics cards. And this came from AMD techs.

If you are using one of the Ryzan CPU's it in itself might be causing your issue due to the GPU technology in it's architecture. I know several ppl who have had similar problems with these which is why even during my last motherboard upgrade I made sure my Black edition would still work on the new board (oh it's an Asus monster!, lol) because until AMD makes a new generation of Ryzan without the GPU bugs I'll stick with what works.

Don't get me wrong I swear by AMD CPU's in gaming machines and there is absolutely nothing wrong with nVida based graphics cards. In many ways I like their architecture much better than AMD based cards. And if I build a gaming PC for someone who wants an intel CPU in it such as the latest generation i7 (they run cooler than AMD's) I'll always go with an nVida based card. But in my personal gamer's I build myself and have been doing for a few years now I have found that when you use an AMD CPU it is always better to go with an AMD based card. 

I know I'll prolly get bombed for this post but in my personal experience I know what works best for me and I run my gamers harder than most ppl for 10 to 14 hours a day many instances 24/7.

Well it's kinda sad that NCsoft wants or expect us to run the game on a version of windows that's not supported by microsoft  for over 2 years now.  For example from the Microsoft Website searching "End of Life" for Microsoft XP  and do the same for Windows 7 and you'll find on the official microsoft website the following.

-----------------------------------
After 12 years, support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014. Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. It is critical to migrate now to a modern operating system. The best way to migrate from Windows XP to Windows 10 is to buy a new device.
----------------------------------

And dang near end of support for Window 7 or shortly after Aion 7.0 will release

After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7. Now is the time to upgrade to Windows 10.

Hopefully they will update their release notes to include support for windows 10 :-)

17 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

@Gracefullee-DN: From your explanation I see only one potential issue that may cause crashes. I'm an avid AMD user and I'm currently using an 8 core Black edition CPU mainly because I don't much care for the architecture of the new Ryzan AMD puts out. However when I first built my gamer I too used an nVida based over the top graphics card and despite my 32 gigs of DDR 4 RAM and a PC that is very overkill for older games such as Aion using the Cryengine especially I was plagued with crashes. After speaking with a few AMD techs and taking their advice to heart I switched out my nVida based graphics card for a AMD based Radeon card that cost in itself a small fortune and this ended my crashes for good. Apparently, AMD CPU's do not play too well under stressful situations with nVida based graphics cards. And this came from AMD techs.

If you are using one of the Ryzan CPU's it in itself might be causing your issue due to the GPU technology in it's architecture. I know several ppl who have had similar problems with these which is why even during my last motherboard upgrade I made sure my Black edition would still work on the new board (oh it's an Asus monster!, lol) because until AMD makes a new generation of Ryzan without the GPU bugs I'll stick with what works.

Don't get me wrong I swear by AMD CPU's in gaming machines and there is absolutely nothing wrong with nVida based graphics cards. In many ways I like their architecture much better than AMD based cards. And if I build a gaming PC for someone who wants an intel CPU in it such as the latest generation i7 (they run cooler than AMD's) I'll always go with an nVida based card. But in my personal gamer's I build myself and have been doing for a few years now I have found that when you use an AMD CPU it is always better to go with an AMD based card. 

I know I'll prolly get bombed for this post but in my personal experience I know what works best for me and I run my gamers harder than most ppl for 10 to 14 hours a day many instances 24/7.

thats deep and very detailed i think that was a good suggestion all this time i thought if i got a newer nvidia card id be better off but i never tried a amd type of card

1 minute ago, Gracefullee-DN said:

thats deep and very detailed i think that was a good suggestion all this time i thought if i got a newer nvidia card id be better off but i never tried a amd type of card

What kind of AMD CPU do you have? ie: how many cores, Is it a Black Edition like mine or one of the newer Ryzens, etc. If I know I can make a better recommendation on the best card for you. It would be helpful to know your motherboards ID number or Serial number and version number(if applicable) as well.

Archived