Any help would be appreciated !

Ilumis-DN

Hi there Ladies and Gents,

So I am a returning player that hasn't been playing Aion for almost a year. When I got back, I was shocked to discover that they removed most of the maps including Iluma who was not only my favorite one but it was also very important to level up a character until 75. But the most annoying thing that they did is changing the abilities of my class. As a level 69 SM I cannot use any more my spirits until I get to 76. This sucks as I cannot lavel up unless I farm lower level monsters and that will take me ages to fill my xp bars. On the other hand, If I go to maps with higher level monsters (including the new one), I am screwed as I dont do enough damage without my spirits and I cannot protect myself anymore from attacks. Also I don't have any missions at my level to complete so I can get decent xp. Moreover the only thing that they gave me is those ''transformation pots'' which I find it kinda lame. Is this supposed to conpensate us for the screwing that they did with the classes and the maps ? What should I do ? I've been playing this game for years and I really love it but now I am so confused.By the way I am a casual player, not a really good one that understands pvp mechanincs and stuff but hey, prior to these mega changes I was at least able to take any account to 67 without a problem ( like most people could do I assume) :) Can someone provide me with a proper leveling guide or are there any people who are willing to group with me to take down larger monsters and help me leveling up? Thanks in advance and I am lloking forward to reading your answers !

Your character is level 69 and you don't have gear enough for you to do quests at your level? Is that the problem?

If so, you get gear by doing those quests. Go to Enshar/Cygnea and pick up every quest that is there and do it. Pull mobs slowly. Use the gear you get from those quests as soon as you get it. Don't worry about not having all the skills you used to. The skills you do have will be enough.

If you absolutely can't do that, start a new character and level from scratch. Leveling is very very easy now. All those areas you are bemoaning the loss of were actually taken out in order to streamline the leveling process. Right now all the quests give you relevant items to use as you level. You will get all your leveling gear and weapons. You will get hp/mana potions and potions to make you run faster. You will get kinah. You won't have to buy anything or enchant anything. Just work your way through the quests and even causally, you will be level 80 in under a week. (Hardcore people are getting to 80 in something insane like 6 hours.)

Hi Aly and thanks for the reply. It's not that I don't have good gear. I have the fledging Daeva set, you know the one that you get at around level 55 when you firstly arive at Cygnea. That also includes the fledging Daeva orb and the spellbook of course. The problem is not that. The problem is that they increased the level of the SM spirits that you first unlock them to 76. Before it was as early as level 5. Now, I cannot use my Spirits and I must depend on my items  (basically playing like a sorcerer but a weaker version of it lol). As for the missions, I already have done everything until the missions that were in Iluma. So bassically I am out of quests until I level up to 72 :(

14 minutes ago, Ilumis-DN said:

Now, I cannot use my Spirits and I must depend on my items...

Yes you can, they just changed the method of summoning spirits. Before you could summon directly using one of the Summon: (Element) Spirit commands. Now you must use the skill: Summon: Spirit (available at level 10), which then gives you access to all of the spirits available to your faction.

Hi Forgotten. Thank you very much for the tip. Indeed they changed everything and I had to find the Find Spirit command. Now I am able to summon a spirit again thanks to you :).However the question still remains as to why it says that the skill is unlocked at 76 when I press directly a spirit button ? Anyway thanks for solving one of my problems. Now the only thing that remains is levelling up but since I don't have any missions left it's kinda difficult.. Any suggestions for places that have a decent xp  gain? Again thanks a lot !

hit K (the default key) to see your skill list, quit lookign at the hotbars for a few moments, there should be a option to sort by if a skill is slotted, DRAG those to where you had them origionally and it 'should' set you to where the skill level is, what you are seeign is the old 4.x/5.x max skill settings instead of the 6/7.x settings which are higher. Most are actually learned before 65, just at lesser damg/heal values. took me a few minutes to see it the day I logged a 70+ in after 6.0 launched.

Run your daily and weekly lunas. You can afk them if you wish. Those give decent xp.

Btw, your fledgling gear is crap now. Utter crap. Gear has been reworked to give PvE (or PvP) attack and defense. The old gear doesn't have that stat and thus is useless. Any new gear you get as leveling you should immediately switch over to.

Archived